Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL

+24
y2johnny
Chairmanda
Tungsten3
ege66
Hip Priest
okocha
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
observer
Cajunboy
Norpig
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
karlypants
xmiles
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy, how many new member sign ups on the back of all these views?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Sluffy, how many new member sign ups on the back of all these views?

Only one for definite, Tungstan3, although a second person also joined yesterday but has not posted yet - Johnny Kongre.

The main link on twitter has now led to 1,150 people clicking it with only 22 new people bothering to follow us on twitter.

I think it is a shame that a vast number of people clearly all with a common interest (and somewhat similar humour judging from the response and retweets) aren't bothered enough to gather together on a more permanent platform (a forum) than twitter (tweet and go, rather than stay and talk) to share news, views, opinions and a few laughs together.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Unfortunately its a sign of the times.  There is that much to see and do, technogy wise, social media etc, everyone is after quick news in brief and therefore attain the attention span of a gnat.  

Its also why there is so much fake news and people believing everything they see or read.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Nat's BEL isn't pulling in the punters it will have to be plan B, Nat start flashing the flesh (this may work the other way and close the site down completely)

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:If Nat's BEL isn't pulling in the punters it will have to be plan B, Nat start flashing the flesh (this may work the other way and close the site down completely)
I’ve only just got over Nat posting a picture of her wonky tits last time (No nightmares of them now thank god!) and I would like to keep my lunch down. 

So that’s a no from me.

Nat! Keep your clothes on! Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Making a big deal of visitors signing up is pretty off-putting. The best way to recruit people is respect their right to express their opinions and stamp out the abusiveness that permeates the majority of threads.
Having just jammed our way into another season in the Championship we should be joyous and relieved in equal measure, but already the bickering has started and a lot of folk can't be arsed to deal with that so it's no surprise they aren't forming an orderly queue to register.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting tired of being the site totty, and giving you all wet dreams every night.

It's time someone else stepped up. Chairmanda? Martin?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Making a big deal of visitors signing up is pretty off-putting. The best way to recruit people is respect their right to express their opinions and stamp out the abusiveness that permeates the majority of threads.
Having just jammed our way into another season in the Championship we should be joyous and relieved in equal measure, but already the bickering has started and a lot of folk can't be arsed to deal with that so it's no surprise they aren't forming an orderly queue to register.

You bellend, this site was at its busiest when everyone hated each other and there was a fight on a daily basis.

You've all gone soft.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Making a big deal of visitors signing up is pretty off-putting. The best way to recruit people is respect their right to express their opinions and stamp out the abusiveness that permeates the majority of threads.

You bellend, this site was at its busiest when everyone hated each other and there was a fight on a daily basis.

You've all gone soft.
Now the "metoo" movement has gone too far.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Getting tired of being the site totty, and giving you all wet dreams every night.

Cometh the hour.......pity you can't see my slippers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can't have a forum where everyone is nice to each other though can you? Imagine this......

MartinBWFC - I fucking hate Parky, sack him now, in fact string him up and put him in stocks on the town hall steps

Sluffy - Now that's a little strong but i appreciate your point of view, what kind of rotten fruit are we going to use?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Getting tired of being the site totty, and giving you all wet dreams every night.

Cometh the hour.......pity you can't see my slippers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
you look well for a man of 65 Boncey  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You can't have a forum where everyone is nice to each other though can you? Imagine this......

MartinBWFC - I fucking hate Parky, sack him now, in fact string him up and put him in stocks on the town hall steps

Sluffy - Now that's a little strong but i appreciate your point of view, what kind of rotten fruit are we going to use?
He'd also point out that rotten fruit isn't the only missile on the market.

Would anyone seriously by reading other posters call each other nobheads over the Internet? I seriously doubt it, pretty light stuff overall.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As per usual you have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

Look at for instance The Wanderer forum, which has been going for much longer than Nuts and doesn't tolerate abuse and is open to all sorts of views.

It is dead on its feet.

And has been for quite a period of time now.  Indeed I even attempted to float an idea with their sites owner about exploring the possibility some mutually beneficial merger of our sites well over a year ago (because it had become so moribund) but didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply - although I knew he received it!

The site allows a seventy odd year old bloke to listen to the match commentary on the radio and type out in longhand what is happening. Some of its few remaining posters even use this as their only means of following the match - just because the site doesn't want them to know about Nuts and Radio Nuts - even though the site owner himself has listened to the match commentaries on here!

How utterly petty of him/them is that?

How the hell could any BWFC supporter do that to fellow whites in an attempt to stop them from letting them know that another site giving away free match commentary, exists?

So is it any wonder that this 'goody two shoes' forum is at deaths door, whilst our so called 'bickering' and 'abusive' forum still marches on?

The simple truth is that forums are a niche market in the world of social media and many people including Marc Iles who once described Nuts and Wanderers Ways in tweet as so 2006ish and full of know it all's - see us as the past.

Maybe we are but whilst there are enough of us enjoying ourselves posting on here we will carry on.

Thanks to Natasha's BEL special at least 1,500 Wanderers fans have been reminded/become aware, that we exist and for what it is worth our visitor numbers of about 60 per hour have been twice as much as they were before we tweeted the 'special'.  Maybe one or two might like to join in with us by registering and becoming a member and then posting, but only time will tell.

At least though we aren't a boring forum!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed May 09 2018, 20:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy constantly baiting Lusty is why i come back every day  Laughing

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Sluffy constantly baiting Lusty is why i come back every day  Laughing

Mate, if he talked even a modicum of sense every so often I wouldn't have to bother to correct him all the time.

I'm not claiming I'm a forum genius or anything but I've been a mod or site owner on at least four forums over the last decade and even turned down an approach to be a paid mod on a private sports site and like to think I've picked up a few pointers over that time as what works on forums and what doesn't.

If forums were easy to attract and keep posters, then there would be loads of them knocking about still but most people are happy to take from a forum (view them and maybe even repeat what they see via twitter or even post them on other forums) but not give anything back (in terms of joining in and posting).

If Wanderlust honestly believes abuse free social media is the way forward then he's very much on his own I suspect - yet he still knows better than those who have managed our best to keep our site going for the enjoyment of us all for the last six years whilst forums like Bolton Banter, Burnden Aces, the Mavies forum have died and others like The Wanderer and JA606 are on their last legs!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed May 09 2018, 16:01; edited 1 time in total

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Anyway back on topic, really enjoyed reading though them! The final Barnsley fan has just put the sugar on the cherry on the icing on the cake. Special day and made even more splendid when you realise just how many people we have pissed off by pulling this off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Rebirth wrote:Anyway back on topic, really enjoyed reading though them! The final Barnsley fan has just put the sugar on the cherry on the icing on the cake. Special day and made even more splendid when you realise just how many people we have pissed off by pulling this off.

I'm currently recruiting for the Soldiers of Darkness. Are you interested in crossing over to the darkside?

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Every bad guy needs a good guy to row with otherwise the universe tips on its side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum