Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

La Vuelta - Sluffy's Idiots Guide

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1La Vuelta - Sluffy's Idiots Guide Empty La Vuelta - Sluffy's Idiots Guide Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe one or two of you have got the bug for road cycling following Bradley Wiggins recent win in the Tour de France and Gold medal at the London Olympics in the Time Trial, well if you are you are in luck!

The Tour of Spain (known as the Vuelta) started yesterday and will be running over the next 3 weeks.

You can follow the highlights each night on ITV4 at 9.00pm - or on ITV iplayer here -

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=323459

The real big names of cycling are not in the race - the Tour de France and the Olympics were this years big targets for them - so its more the next best riders getting a shot at winning one of the seasons 3 main races (The tour of Italy is the other one).

Team Sky is led by Chris Froome - the man who really should have won this race last year - and probably the Tour de France this - except he was paid to help Wiggins win them instead!

Did I say ALL the best riders were not in the Vuelta - well I was wrong - the greatest current rider and one of the all time best Alberto Contador (Spain) is back - but after a two year doping ban!

He was the dogs bollocks BUT how much of his achievements previously was done to him and how much to the drugs!?

This Tour is aimed at getting a Spanish winner and it is more or less racing up mountains nearly every day - bloody big ones!

Froome is very good but will the Sky 'B' Team be enough to help him to the win?

Contador will be the home crowds darling and the man to beat - but will he be any good riding 'clean'?

A fascinating 3 weeks for cycle fans like me - hope you enjoy it as much as I'll be doing.

Any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

2La Vuelta - Sluffy's Idiots Guide Empty Re: La Vuelta - Sluffy's Idiots Guide Sun Aug 19 2012, 23:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And live on British Eurosport every afternoon, as well :-)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum