Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Bolton sign Erhun Oztumer

+4
Norpig
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
Leeds_Trotter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Bolton sign Erhun Oztumer Empty OFFICIAL - Bolton sign Erhun Oztumer Wed Jun 13 2018, 10:52

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the signing of Erhun Oztumer.

The playmaker puts pen to paper on a two-year deal at Macron Stadium to become the Whites’ second signing of the summer, having most recently been on the books of Walsall.
Spending time in Charlton Athletic’s youth academy, the midfielder had spells in Turkey with Sivasspor and Anadolu Uskudar before moving back to England with non-league Dulwich Hamlet in 2012.

Scoring over 60 goals and helping them win promotion during his two years at the club, the 27-year-old moved back into the professional game with Peterborough United in June 2014 before signing for Walsall two years later.

Named in the PFA Sky Bet League One Team of the Year in both of his seasons with the Saddlers, he scored 17 goals from 50 appearances last season, including a first Football League hat-trick away at Southend United, to help Walsall narrowly avoid relegation.

Totalling 32 goals from 95 appearances during his time at the Banks’s Stadium, Bolton fans will also remember the Turk scoring a memorable long-range volley on his previous appearance at Macron Stadium in February 2017.

And with a number of clubs showing interest in the highly-rated midfielder, the Trotters have moved quickly to snap up his signature ahead of their 2018/19 Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after completing the move, Oztumer said: “I’m thrilled to put pen to paper and I just can’t wait to get started now.

“I am excited to test myself in the Sky Bet Championship with some great players and I’ll be looking to show the Bolton faithful exactly what I am capable of.

“I had a chat with the manager and I really felt as though it was the right move for me. He told me all the things that I wanted to hear and that’s why I’m here today as a Bolton Wanderers player.”

Manager Phil Parkinson added: “We’re really pleased with the signing of Erhun.

“He has been one of the most productive players in Sky Bet League One over the past few seasons for a team in and around the bottom half of the table and we’re very much looking forward to working with him over the next couple of years.”

Source

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Take a look at his goals from the past 2 seasons.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am very pleased with this signing.A midfield player who can run at defences, shoot and score on a regular basis is just what we need.Parky can pick several others to do the tackling if the young Turk is not so good at that.I am surprised one of Preston, Wigan or Blackburn havent offered too much money for us.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great signing, someone creative in midfield at long last  Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cracking signing. Big Vic will be chomping at the bit now

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched his goals above, some absolute crackers there and he looks great at free kicks too. Can't wait to see how he does next season

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best signing for a while. Looking forward to seeing him.

Obviously he needs to prove he can step up, but it’s refrshing signing a bit of a wildcard like this and not another well known quantity in the Buckley/Henry mould.

Fully expecting him to be written off as anonymous and lazy, if he doesn’t get 3 in his first 3 games though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy with this signing, a bit of flair in midfield is what we've lacked for ages. Maybe it means Ameobi won't be staying.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All hail King Ken! OFFICIAL - Bolton sign Erhun Oztumer 3670419546

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Happy with this signing, a bit of flair in midfield is what we've lacked for ages. Maybe it means Ameobi won't be staying.

Ameobis extended by two years.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Ameobis extended by two years.

Don't spoil my day Boggers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum