Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton not allowed to sign any players?

+5
Natasha Whittam
Kane57
Boggersbelief
Nigelbwfc
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The future of Plymouth Argyle academy graduate Alex Battle is still up in the air.

The 19-year-old striker was offered a new contract by the Pilgrims this summer but has not signed it.

Bolton Wanderers have shown interest in adding Battle to their development squad.

However, there are ongoing financial issues at the Championship club because of a player pay dispute.

So Battle is without a club less than three weeks before the start of the new season.

Argyle manager Derek Adams told Plymouth Live: “He turned down a contract with the football club so that is as far as it has gone.

“There is nothing else to add because he has turned it down.”

Battle made his debut for Argyle in the final game of last season as a late substitute in the 5-2 defeat away to Gillingham.

That came after he played regularly for the Pilgrims in the South West Peninsula League and Central League.

If Battle was to sign another for club Argyle would be entitled to a fee for him because of his age and time spent with them.

Adams said: “We are obviously due compensation because he has been with us for so many years.

“We either come to an agreement with another club or we hold out for the compensation we are due.

“There are many aspects we can go into but we do things the proper way because we have offered him a contract to stay for next season.”

Battle played as a substitute for Bolton’s under-23s side in a game against Crewe Alexandra in February.

Adams said: “Bolton are in a situation where I don’t think they can sign any players at this moment in time.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just put a six figure bid in for a player, so idea we can't sign some one is ridiculous.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s just jealous

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nigelbwfc wrote:Just put a six figure bid in for a player, so idea we can't sign some one is ridiculous.

Yeah Greeny but have we signed anyone for a fee in the 100 years since the last one?

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Kane57 wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:Just put a six figure bid in for a player, so idea we can't sign some one is ridiculous.

Yeah Greeny but have we signed anyone for a fee in the 100 years since the last one?

Nope but that's why it's so exciting. We've actually put in a bid.

I know your cynicism will get the better of you. However, it shows progress to me

Ken saying we've put in a 6 figure bid means very little - could have offered £500k which we know won't budge Bradford if they've turned down £600k from Sunderland.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Shows we've got money to spend. A long time since we've been able to say that.

Unless, the injury is genuine, think Wyke bid has been accepted.

Hope it has, but won't believe it until i see it.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Might not be us of course. Just looks like someone has been successfull

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope it isn't successful. We shouldn't be spending money on League 1 players. Too risky.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hope it isn't successful. We shouldn't be spending money on League 1 players. Too risky.
What do you think we can get them for a 6-figure sum then?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hope it isn't successful. We shouldn't be spending money on League 1 players. Too risky.

Fuck sake Nat. How many times have you expressed your desire to look in the lower leagues.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:What do you think we can get them for a 6-figure sum then?

Just because we have it doesn't mean we should spend it.

I'd rather see the money spent on wages for a couple of free Championship transfers. McGoldrick is much less of a risk than Wyke.

McGoldrick is shit, he's also 30. That would be an underwhelming waste of money.

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

You either back the manager or you sack him.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:McGoldrick is shit, he's also 30. That would be an underwhelming waste of money.
Has he not signed for Sheffield United?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:McGoldrick is shit, he's also 30. That would be an underwhelming waste of money.

He was one of the best players to play at the Macron last season. He dominated us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:Has he not signed for Sheffield United?

Probably. But they'd accept a six figure sum.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

25 year old Wyke who’s banged them in for fun or an average champ striker past his best. Tough one that

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He was one of the best players to play at the Macron last season. He dominated us.

Been injury prone last few years, would take him on a free to be fair although Im sure he's after a bit of a payday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum