Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still at a loss to understand why the hotel was built in the first place and to hear that it doesn't generate income for the club and is a loss-maker only compounds that view.
I've always advocated the club running it's own facilities including accommodation and catering as it's easier to manage the risk if it's in-house and the profits go to the club. Those profits can be maximised by filling the stadium with discounted tickets for e.g. schools and other groups and has the added benefit of developing the next generation of fans. We should be making a killing from some events and instead we're hosting venues for other businesses to operate in.

142Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The hotel isn't a loss maker is it? In fact I thought it generated money and as Ken stated
"Last month, the hotel received its record revenue for rooms and I must pay special thanks to Suzanne Speak and all her team. This is a very encouraging sign going forward and as you all know the hotel provides a vital and valuable income stream for the club. Please keep supporting them."

143Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:37

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
Growler wrote:So in a nutshell.....within a few days of Paul Heathcote withdrawing credit facilities at the Hotel due to unpaid money, Ken has paid him the 100 grand he owes him.

No that's not correct.

More like that a few days after Heathcote issued a winding up order Ken paid the £100 grand he owed him.

Growler wrote:Yes, he wants a caterer who will work for less money and doesn't want paying on time

He'll take the contract back in house and safe himself a fortune - outsourcing work isn't always best or cost effective.

The end result is that Paul Heathcote has got what he wanted, his 100 grand off Anderson.within a week.

In my opinion the timing was key to this, if it wasn't the rugby league semi fianls this weekend, Heathcote wouldnt have got his money so quickly.

I think he's taken an opportunity and  got the better of Ken here, there's no way Ken would have fancied getting a new caterer within a few days for the rugby

144Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i read that KA has asked fans if they really want to use any of Heathcotes other businesses, it's getting ugly and again KA is washing his dirty laundry in public  Rolling Eyes

145Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:51

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:i read that KA has asked fans if they really want to use any of Heathcotes other businesses, it's getting ugly and again KA is washing his dirty laundry in public  Rolling Eyes
Awful behaviour from Ken, should we all jeer Paul Heathcote at the upcoming Food and Drink festival because Ken didn't want to pay him on time?

146Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 02 2018, 17:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No. KA is doing what needs to be done, that tosspot Heathcote has drained the club of a lot of money and just like the over paid players he needs to be dispatched with.

147Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Aug 04 2018, 11:36

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It looks like Ken has changed his mind and hasn't paid the 100k he said he was going to pay Heathcote on Thursday. Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

148Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 06 2018, 15:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For the 2,500 Wanderers fans who travelled to West Brom on Saturday, the performance and subsequent victory against a team that had played in the Premier League last season illustrated many characteristics about our team.
There was desire, togetherness, skill, solidity and determination. That we played in front of a partisan sold-out Hawthorns crowd, whose united expectation was that of a home victory, and battled every single second to pick up the three points highlights the progress we have made behind the scenes over the summer.
It was particularly pleasing to see the new signings, who made their debuts, play so well and for Josh Magennis and Yanic Wildschut to get on the scoresheet was fantastic to see.
Our squad has a real strength in depth and we now have options off the bench which can make an impact and difference as witnessed on Saturday. With the quality we have in the squad, there is strong competition for a place in the starting XI which is a great situation for the manager to have to deal with.

Our recruitment has not ended and by the time we take to the field on Saturday, I am hopeful that we’ll have brought in several new faces to squad ahead of this Thursday’s transfer deadline. The staff and players have worked so hard over the pre-season and I’m pleased for them and for all the Wanderers fans that we picked up the victory to get our campaign up and running on Day One.
I know the staff and players won’t get carried away and they’ll be working tirelessly this week to build on this victory with another powerful performance at home to Bristol City this weekend.

It would be fantastic if the crowd at the University of Bolton Stadium for this match could be boosted so you can all see for yourselves this new look team.
As you will remember from several games over the past couple of seasons, there have been occasions where the atmosphere has been intense which has played a huge part in intimidating our opponents. Let’s try and replicate this for every game as the players really respond to these levels of noise.
Season tickets can still be purchased from Bolton Central and they remain the most cost-effective way to watch Wanderers this season. Click here  for more details.
Match day tickets are also on sale, so please let your friends, family and colleagues know and encourage them to get behind Phil and the lads to turn the University of Bolton Stadium into a cauldron of noise. We know you can do it!
Also, don’t forget that the new home and away kit is in stock and available to buy online or from Bolton Central. On Saturday, at The Hawthorns, I was amazed at all the shirts I saw worn by Wanderers fans.

Off the field, it’s been a busy but successful summer of major events at the stadium which culminated with Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals on Sunday. I’d like to thank all the BWFC and Bolton Whites Hotel staff who have worked diligently over the summer months to help put on The Killers and Little Mix concerts as well as the Rugby League matches. The University of Bolton Stadium is now firmly back on the map as a major event venue which will have a positive impact on our revenue streams going forward.

I would like to take this opportunity to pay some special praise to our Head Groundsman Chris Simm and his groundstaff who have worked around the clock to ensure that the pitch not only recovered from the concerts for the rugby, but also to make sure that it’s in top shape ahead of this weekend’s game against Bristol City.

Finally, it was brought to my attention that Paul Heathcote released a statement to the Bolton News on Saturday morning. I found this to be somewhat odd in terms of timing, given that it was before our opening match of the season and ahead of the Rugby League semi-finals, so I chose not to make an immediate response as my focus, and that of everybody else at the football club, was on the match.
What I would like to say is that there were a number of inaccuracies in the statement, which shall be addressed in due course.
But the facts are simple in that SCC/Heathcotes have committed and continue to commit a number of serious breaches of the agreement since mid-July and until they remedy these breaches and give an undertaking not to repeat them, then the dispute will roll on and the matter will be dealt with by our respective lawyers.
In the meantime, neither the club, nor l will be making any further comments on the matter. Our focus is solely fixed on building a stronger squad and having a successful season on the pitch, particularly as the concerts and rugby have been a resounding success, and we now move on to football matters.
Kind regards,
Ken

149Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 06 2018, 16:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still wondering who those faces will belong to if Ipswich are upping the ante.

150Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 06 2018, 19:05

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Still wondering who those faces will belong to if Ipswich are upping the ante.
I'm still wondering about the boiler mascot at West Brom. Still it's different.

151Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Aug 10 2018, 00:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Today’s lack of transfer business is very disappointing and wasn’t for the lack of trying but as I have always maintained we shall never enter into a bidding war for a player whose price escalates beyond our own valuation.
Unfortunately, this has meant that we missed out on our striker targets ahead of Thursday’s deadline insofar as two have signed elsewhere and one has not moved. Obviously, this is very disappointing but, under my watch, this club shall never repeat the mistakes of the past and we will continue to operate on a commercial and financially prudent basis.
That said we must not forget that we have already brought in ten new senior players this summer and we are still hoping to bring some loan players in before the end of the month. So far we have only signed one loan player.

What with the World Cup and the transfer deadline being brought forward three weeks earlier than usual it has made completing transfers far more difficult and has highlighted just how crazy the market has become.
In some instances the transfer fees and salaries that have been quoted and paid have been inflated even for players lower down the leagues, which as I have already said has resulted in us missing out on several players this window because other clubs  have been prepared  to pay inflated  transfer fees and salaries.

Clubs were hanging on to players they wanted to move on to the very last minute in the hope of achieving an inflated price and in some cases that is what has happened and those who have not been sold will probably now go out on loan.

With the ‘loan window’ still open until the end of the month, what you will see happening is clubs signing players on loan and with an option to buy in January, when the transfer window opens again.

As you will be aware it’s been a very busy summer at the stadium with two successful concerts and the Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals, and football-wise we have brought in an additional ten new senior players to strengthen the squad with a wealth of quality and experience.

Saturday’s opening day victory against West Bromwich Albion will live long in the memories for all those who visited. Not only was our victory deserved but we more than matched our opponents who, in all but name, are a Premier League team. That performance was a good barometer of how far we have come as a group and is testament to all the hard work the staff and players have put in over the summer.
Of course, as they say one swallow doesn’t make a summer, and I can guarantee you all that they won’t get complacent with that result.
On Saturday we face a Bristol City side who will fancy themselves to finish in a high position this campaign and we must be on guard for that threat.

This will be the first of three home games in August, which include the back-to-back matches against Birmingham City and Sheffield United, and with your help and support we will be aiming to get off to a flying start ahead of the international break next month.

Thank you to everyone who has bought season tickets this summer and taken advantage of the benefits of committing your support in advance. It really is greatly appreciated by everyone at the club. For those who haven’t yet purchased them, there is still time so please act now. Please click here for more details. The more season tickets we sell, along with match day tickets, hospitality and merchandise sales the more income we have to take this club to the next level.

Like I have said in the past, a full and passionate University of Bolton Stadium not only makes it an intimidating arena for our opponents, but it also boosts and inspires our players. If we get off to that flying start and maintain the momentum then who knows what will happen come May.
So, please bring along your friends, families and colleagues and let’s start as we mean to go on and make the University of Bolton Stadium an intimidating fortress this season.
The home and away shirts are proving to be very popular and are selling very well. Please visit Bolton Central or order online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to buy them and wear your colours with pride. It’s always good to see that wall of white at the stadium and it really does help with the overall atmosphere.

Earlier in the week, our Academy received some good and welcome news in that it has had its licence renewed to continue to operate at Category 2 status for a period of two years.
Over recent years the Academy has made great strides and is very much the future of the club. The success of the under 18s and under 23s last season was indicative of this and we are all looking forward to seeing the progress of our youngsters.
I'm very much looking forward to the Bristol City game on Saturday and truly believe we have strengthened the squad.
I am very optimistic for the season ahead.
Kind regards,

Ken

152Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Aug 10 2018, 01:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I also hope that this loan with a view to buying thing works out for us and with luck, the ones we get make the grade - they'll be needed for our campaign, so please don't sign any passengers.

153Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Aug 11 2018, 14:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Pre match interview with Anderson by Iles before the Bristol City home game today -

OK. Some bits from Ken Anderson's interview with me and Jack Dearden coming up....

KA on loan players.
"We are already talking to two other strikers, a goalkeeper and a left-back. And we are hopeful we will get them done before the end of the month."

KA on squad.
"I think it is stronger. Left-back is the main position, even though we have got players who can cover.
"The Bolton News said this morning that we'd made mistakes by rushing in during previous years. I don't want to repeat those. I'd rather take some time and get the right players in."

KA on Eddie Davies.
"I am very grateful to him for the support and mentoring he has given me when called upon.
"He spent £200m. Was he ill-advised on where that money went, probably yes. Is he the first to admit it? Absolutely."

KA on improving this season.
"You don't want to go over a squad of 23/24 but last season we had to. If you look at the 10 players we've brought in, my own opinion is that we have a better balance."

KA on taking club to 'next level'.
"It's the $64m question. This league is difficult. It's unpredictable. No-one could have predicted what Millwall or Sheffield United did last season.
"If you can get off to a decent start in the season then everyone has a good chance."

KA on the club's financial situation.
"The position we're in is the best position since I came in.
"When I arrived we were losing £18m a year, we had debts here, there and everywhere. We've gradually managed that, and have some way to go.
"We've probably got the least debt in the Championship at the moment.
"I believe we are going to show a small profit this year and as far as I know, looking at other clubs, we'll be the only ones."

Loads and loads more from Ken Anderson to come in The Bolton News, web and print, over the next few days.

(Taken from Iles match blog on Bolton News site)

154Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Aug 11 2018, 23:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BBC Radio Manchester interview with KA today (or at least part of one?).

Starts at around 24min 30 secs in and lasts for around 8 minutes.

155Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 20 2018, 13:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was another strong performance on our travels at the weekend with a wonderful victory against Reading at the Madejski Stadium. For me, what impressed me the most was the character and togetherness of everybody out on that field who wore a Wanderers shirt.

There is a true camaraderie within the team and this was evident at full time on Saturday when the players who weren’t involved in the victory came onto the field to celebrate with their team mates.

While it still very much early into our campaign, we are now unbeaten in three league games and have started to build up some momentum.

It is crucial that we continue in this vein and your support is a key aspect to this. The travelling fans at the Madejski Stadium were loud and supportive throughout the 90 minutes and were incredibly inspirational for the team and played a major part in getting the result.

But here at the University of Bolton Stadium, especially with two home games this week, you all have an even stronger role to play.

We need as many Bolton Wanderers fans as possible through the turnstiles to help create that loud and intimidating atmosphere we all know you can make. Not only are you our twelfth man but the atmosphere does make it difficult for our opponents too.

If you haven’t already renewed or bought your season ticket, you can still do so and continue to make savings compared to buying tickets on a match by match basis. Please click here for more information.

If you wish to buy match tickets, then why not consider bringing your friends, family or colleagues with you. I’m sure we all know at least one Wanderers supporter who hasn’t been to the stadium for a couple of seasons or so. Let them know what they are missing out on and bring them back home!

Wednesday’s game against Birmingham City is the first of a double header here at the University of Bolton Stadium with Sheffield United travelling across the Pennines on Saturday.

With two more positive results this week, we can transform what is already a great start to the season into an even better one before we travel to our neighbours Preston North End just prior to the international break.

There are still a couple of weeks to go until the loan window closes and we are working tirelessly to strengthen our squad. We recently had an offer of £900,000 turned down for a striker we wanted on loan which would have been made permanent in January. We have now moved on and are currently talking to two Championship players with a view to a loan move. As always, we will keep you updated on transfer business.

On Wednesday, our brand new third choice kit will go on sale at Bolton Central. The design really complements the fantastic new home and away shirts that are already on sale. Both of these kits have proved to be very popular and I’ve no doubt that this one will be too. Please continue to wear your colours and support the club by purchasing our range of replica kit. Click here to order your shirts today.

I would like to take this opportunity to praise the work of the Bolton Wanderers International Football Programme, which has had an amazing summer travelling the world to deliver professional football coaching programmes as well as hosting teams from all over the globe in the hotel. Huge credit must go to Suzanne Speak, Margaret Graham, Danny Clark, James Ward and all involved at the Bolton Wanderers International Football Programme for their work in spreading the good name of the club.

I look forward to seeing you all at the University of Bolton Stadium for these next two home games.

Be loud, be proud and get behind the boys for these two crucial home games.

Kind regards,

Ken

156Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 20 2018, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wow! £900k! I'm guessing that was for Aneke which would be about right for a striker his age?
Talking to two Championship players but doesn't clarify if they're strikers or not. 
Surprised they're not looking abroad if Anderson is genuinely considering spending that kind of money. 
Moreover, that kind of figure would have been very close to securing Wyke if they'd gone in with it earlier in the negotiations.

157Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 20 2018, 14:24

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Wow! £900k! I'm guessing that was for Aneke which would be about right for a striker his age?
Talking to two Championship players but doesn't clarify if they're strikers or not. 
Surprised they're not looking abroad if Anderson is genuinely considering spending that kind of money. 
Moreover, that kind of figure would have been very close to securing Wyke if they'd gone in with it earlier in the negotiations.
Ken obviously didn't think Wyke was worth it.

158Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 20 2018, 15:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Wow! £900k! I'm guessing that was for Aneke which would be about right for a striker his age?
Ken obviously didn't think Wyke was worth it.
And perhaps the injury was a turnoff as we need someone ready to participate immediately. Be interesting to see who he's talking to now - says Championship but there are still some decent young strikers around in the lower leagues. Someone mentioned Jayden Stockley and I think he'd be worth a punt if we could prise him out of Exeter's grasping paws. Definitely need someone though as we'd be stuffed if Magennis is injured and I can't see Donaldson or Hall doing that job.

159Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 20 2018, 15:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Someone mentioned Jayden Stockley and I think he'd be worth a punt

Don't tell me, you've seen every game he's ever played.

160Ken Anderson - update. - Page 8 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 20 2018, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Someone mentioned Jayden Stockley and I think he'd be worth a punt

Don't tell me, you've seen every game he's ever played.
I could tell you that but I won't as it's not true, but I've seen bits and bobs and he looks the part and has a great scoring record.

Irrelevant really as we won't be getting him.

Anyhoo I've dug out this from t'internet so you can see what we could have won - it's from a couple of years ago but there's plenty more. 
He's 24, big, strong, great movement, two footed and about to come into his prime and £900k would possibly do it....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum