Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers seek legal advise after dispute with catering partners

+3
observer
Growler
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS are locked in another financial dispute with catering partners Heathcote & Co.
Guests at the Whites Hotel were informed yesterday that credit facilities for food and drink had been withdrawn and that goods must be purchased with cash only.
Signage around the bar area read: “Due to an ongoing situation the operator can no longer extend credit to Bolton Whites Hotel.
“To this effect the food and beverage operation will be serviced on a cash only basis.”
Wanderers have confirmed the matter is now in the hands of their legal advisors.

A statement read: “We can confirm that there is an ongoing dispute which is now in the hands of our lawyers. Therefore it would be inappropriate for us to make any further comments at this stage.”
Bolton-based Heathcote & Co have been the club’s catering partner since 2013 and have a staff base of more than 200 people.
A similar dispute hit the headlines in January last year, concerning a bill of nearly £200,000.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16383889.wanderers-seek-legal-advise-after-dispute-with-catering-partners/

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The cash only signs will look good at next weekend's rugby league semi finals if Ken hasn't sorted this out

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Bolton Whites Hotel have issued the following statement:

"As you may be aware, Bolton Whites Hotel are currently involved in a dispute with Special Catering Services (SCC/Heathcotes).
"This dispute has been brought about by a number of recent serious breaches of the agreement by SCC, which they have not rectified.
"The Agreement clearly sets out the procedures in the event of a dispute, but unfortunately SCC chose not to follow these procedures.
"Accordingly, following their actions yesterday, which were a further breach of the agreement, we have instructed our lawyers to terminate the agreement.
"We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused our valued clientele and can assure you we are doing everything possible to limit the inconvenience.
"As this dispute is now in the hands of our legal advisors, no further statements will be issued on this matter at this time."

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/club-statement2/

Heathcote's statement -

Wanderers seek legal advise after dispute with catering partners DjL-AZKXcAEXlr1

Sounds to me as though he's seen what the players did and has gone on a sort of unofficial strike himself.

Thing is though KA needs the players but he doesn't necessarily need Heathcote's.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Paul Heathcote assures staff Wanderers dispute won't cost jobs

HEATHCOTE & Co have assured their 200-plus staff their jobs are secure despite the ongoing dispute with Bolton Wanderers.
A statement from the football club this morning announced they had instructed lawyers to terminate the catering contract with Special Catering Services/Heathcote & Co, which covers food and drink in the hotel, stadium and hospitality areas.
Paul Heathcote, the Bolton-based chef and a lifelong supporter of the club, has instigated legal action to recover “significant and escalating debt”.

Wanderers allege a number of “recent serious breaches” have led to them seeking legal advice to end the relationship, which has been in place since 2013.
A statement from Mr Heathcote released today read: “The difficulties that my club has been going through both in the past and more recently have been well documented. During all of this time we have always been supportive of the position.
“We find it disappointing and unfortunate that legal advice has been necessary to recover significant and escalating debt.
“This morning following the recent communications we spoke to our team and reassured them that we do not believe there is any grounds for contract termination and their jobs are secure.
“They do a wonderful job, are passionate about their roles and work hard, sometimes under very difficult circumstances.

“There is one simple solution to this issue”
Guests at the Whites Hotel were informed last night that the credit facility had been withdrawn, and that food and drinks must be bought with cash only.
Wanderers do not play a home fixture until August 11, when they entertain Bristol City, but they do play host to two Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals back-to-back next Sunday, with a sell-out crowd expected.
The club released their own statement this morning, which confirmed legal action was being taken.
"As you may be aware, Bolton Whites Hotel are currently involved in a dispute with Special Catering Services (SCC/Heathcotes)," it read.

"This dispute has been brought about by a number of recent serious breaches of the agreement by SCC, which they have not rectified.
"The Agreement clearly sets out the procedures in the event of a dispute, but unfortunately SCC chose not to follow these procedures.
"Accordingly, following their actions yesterday, which were a further breach of the agreement, we have instructed our lawyers to terminate the agreement.
"We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused our valued clientele and can assure you we are doing everything possible to limit the inconvenience.
"As this dispute is now in the hands of our legal advisors, no further statements will be issued on this matter at this time."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16384106.paul-heathcote-assures-staff-wanderers-dispute-wont-cost-jobs/

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So Ken doesn't pay on time,and because the caterer didn't follow the agreed protocol in claiming for non payment, it's the caterer's fault.
Like it was the player's fault that they went on strike over non payment of money owed them.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Growler wrote:So Ken doesn't pay on time,and because the caterer didn't follow the agreed protocol in claiming for non payment, it's the caterer's fault.
Like it was the player's fault that they went on strike over non payment of money owed them.
He may yet change the U.S. Constitution and become President of the Colonies!  True Trumpism in business dealings.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

observer wrote:
Growler wrote:So Ken doesn't pay on time,and because the caterer didn't follow the agreed protocol in claiming for non payment, it's the caterer's fault.
He may yet change the U.S. Constitution and become President of the Colonies!  True Trumpism in business dealings.
If that's what we need for the good of the club then so be it. Heathcotes have made a fortune from doing the catering. Hence why they dont want the contact terminated.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:
observer wrote:
If that's what we need for the good of the club then so be it. Heathcotes have made a fortune from doing the catering. Hence why they dont want the contact terminated.

They're holding us back! We can't sell Strongbow dark fruits because of them. We'd sell boat loads of that stuff!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How does anyone know that Heathcote's haven't been paid on time? That's not being argumentative for the sake of it by the way, I'm genuinely curious and wondering if I missed something in the media. If the debt was 'serious and escalating' then why would Heathcote's be so keen as to keep the contract anyway? If you're not getting paid for the work you do then surely you should be looking to sell your goods/services elsewhere and taking the debtor to court?

While I don't automatically assume Ken is ALWAYS right (try not to die of shock lusty but he has made mistakes and I won't deny it) this does seem rather odd to me particularly with the timing. It seems to be that Heathcote's have taken unilateral and arbitrary action. I am prepared to be proven wrong but this whole statement from Heathcote's seems a bit off to me.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:How does anyone know that Heathcote's haven't been paid on time? That's not being argumentative for the sake of it by the way, I'm genuinely curious and wondering if I missed something in the media. If the debt was 'serious and escalating' then why would Heathcote's be so keen as to keep the contract anyway? If you're not getting paid for the work you do then surely you should be looking to sell your goods/services elsewhere and taking the debtor to court?

While I don't automatically assume Ken is ALWAYS right (try not to die of shock lusty but he has made mistakes and I won't deny it) this does seem rather odd to me particularly with the timing. It seems to be that Heathcote's have taken unilateral and arbitrary action. I am prepared to be proven wrong but this whole statement from Heathcote's seems a bit off to me.
Obviously we'd believe a convicted fraudster over a Member of the British Empire every time.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:How does anyone know that Heathcote's haven't been paid on time? That's not being argumentative for the sake of it by the way, I'm genuinely curious and wondering if I missed something in the media. If the debt was 'serious and escalating' then why would Heathcote's be so keen as to keep the contract anyway? If you're not getting paid for the work you do then surely you should be looking to sell your goods/services elsewhere and taking the debtor to court?

Obviously we'd believe a convicted fraudster over a Member of the British Empire every time.

Let's not forget that Mr Jimmy Savile was an Officer of that same British Empire. Shocked Laughing

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh sure because no MBE has EVER lied about anything. No such pillar of the community would ever say something untrue would they? Why that would be like saying Lord Archer committed perjury and ... oh yeah ...

On a more serious note lusty, I'm not saying Ken is right or Heathcote actually IS lying, I simply feel that we're not in possession of any concrete facts to this point and may I remind you that the BN is hardly the most reliable source these days?

In truth people were very quick to condemn Ken over the player's strike weren't they and then it turned out not to be anything like what the BN had reported or the players themselves had implied. I'm not going to judge this issue until we actually see some real facts instead of press statements and I'd urge you to similarly reserve judgement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum