Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunderland claiming success on Wanderers target Wyke

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

SUNDERLAND have reportedly had a £500,000 bid accepted for Bradford City striker Charlie Wyke.

Sources on Wearside suggest a deal has been struck for the 25-year-old striker – who has been one of Wanderers’ main targets all summer.

Phil Parkinson has also been strongly linked with Ipswich Town’s Joe Garner in the last few weeks – and The Bolton News understands he is likely to be the man Bolton pursue to bolster their attack before the transfer deadline on August 9.

Wanderers are also hopeful of adding a midfielder and a left-back, with high hopes that Everton’s Antonee Robinson could make a return to the club on loan.

Wyke is currently side-lined with a knee injury but reports in Sunderland suggest he is now at the club having a medical.

Wanderers added some attacking muscle in the form of Northern Ireland international Josh Magennis in a £200,000 deal from Charlton Athletic earlier third.

Garner – a player with considerable Championship experience – is viewed as a different style of striker.

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I suspect that if the fee's been cut to 1/2 million then the injury must be more serious than was initially assumed. I also suspect that Sunderland are willing to offer him a higher wage than we can so while I'm slightly disappointed I'd have to say fair play to BWFC for not signing another half crocked player. As to Garner, well, I don't know much about him so won't comment one way or the other.

Poor we couldn’t match Sunderland to be honest, especially when that lump Garner is our back up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure I read somewhere that the fee was a miilion - 500k up front and 500k to follow depending on appearances etc.

Yes I’ve read the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum