Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL

+4
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Fri Aug 03 2018, 22:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce that experienced midfielder Gary O’Neil has signed a short-term contract with the club, subject to clearance.

The 35-year-old - Phil Parkinson’s tenth senior signing of the summer - has featured for Wanderers throughout their pre-season campaign and will remain with the club until January 2019.

Boasting a wealth of Premier League experience, O’Neil has featured for the likes of Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, West Ham United and QPR.

With over 450 professional appearances to his name, O’Neil arrives at the University of Bolton Stadium after leaving Bristol City last season.

Commenting on his move, O’Neil said: "I'm really pleased to be on board and I just can't wait to get started.

"I've really enjoyed my time at the club so far this summer - they're a really good bunch of lads and we've got some great work done which is the main thing.

"Now though is when it matters and I'm ready to help however I can."

Manager Phil Parkinson added: "We feel that Gary is a good influence around the training ground and the younger players.

"He is a player of high calibre and during this busy period coming up, we'll need as many bodies as we can and when you get a good character like Gary around the building, we felt that it was important that we kept him at the club."

Meanwhile, the club has lodged six-figure bids for two strikers with negotiations continuing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Fri Aug 03 2018, 22:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting that we’ve made 2 cash bids for strikers

3Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Fri Aug 03 2018, 23:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

4Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 00:37

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Interesting that we’ve made 2 cash bids for strikers
I just hope they're realistic ones that have a chance of succeeding. Sunderland pulled the rug out from under us with Wyke pretty easily after all. I know, pessimistic of me but it's late and I'm a bit tired and down. Think I might hit my pit in a few.

5Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 13:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Interesting that we’ve made 2 cash bids for strikers
I just hope they're realistic ones that have a chance of succeeding. Sunderland pulled the rug out from under us with Wyke pretty easily after all. I know, pessimistic of me but it's late and I'm a bit tired and down. Think I might hit my pit in a few.
I don't think they "pulled a rug out from under us" as such - they simply offered Bradford's valuation which we were nowhere near - and in my opinion we were never going to be near. And when it was apparent we wouldn't get him the club made a couple of press releases in which it was alluded that Parky hadn't specifically named him as the top target and anyway Wyke was injured thereby attempting to distance themselves from Wyke. Problem is that Garner isn't the same kind of player so it will be interesting to see who the other option is because we need a striker who can make a difference rather than making up the numbers.

As for Gary O'Neil - I just don't get it.

6Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 18:50

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What's not to get, he's a good player loads of experience at this level, fit for his age and can put his foot on the ball and steady the ship. contract till January equals a win win.

7Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 18:50

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we get another three in at a good level then this summer despite all the diversions as gone very well.

8Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are wessy and sluffy sharing a keyboard?

9Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get it Nat

10Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Many won't.

11Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:33

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Are wessy and sluffy sharing a keyboard?
Has if.

12Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

13Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope it bugs people as much as it bugs me.

14Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sat Aug 04 2018, 19:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hope it bugs people as much as it bugs me.

Poor grammar pisses me off.

15Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sun Aug 05 2018, 01:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

O'Neil was OK for the short time he was on apart from fouling when he was skinned, so he can do a holding job, but still not convinced he's a 90 minute player these days. But hopefully he will turn out to be one.

16Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Gary O’Neil signs - OFFICIAL Sun Aug 05 2018, 07:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:O'Neil was OK for the short time he was on apart from fouling when he was skinned, so he can do a holding job, but still not convinced he's a 90 minute player these days. But hopefully he will turn out to be one.
I share your concern but think some of that could be lack of match sharpness. Give him a couple of weeks and he should be fine imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum