Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Many points will we get in August?

+3
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Today - West Brom (away)
Sat 11th - Bristol City (home)
Sat 18th - Reading (away)
Wed 22nd - Birmingham (home)
Sat 25th - Sheffield United (home)

?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

5 points

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:5 points

Which games will we get the points from do you think?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:5 points

Which games will we get the points from do you think?

1 Point apiece from Bristol City and Sheffield United, 3 points against Birmingham.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully more than last August.
West Brom have made some decent signings so I can't see us getting anything today.
Bristol City have also made some good signings like Mo Eisa, Andreas Weimann and Marley Watkins so will be a more attacking side than last season with quality up front. Meanwhile we're picking up their sloppy seconds (Gary O'Neil) Home match so we may get a point but it will be tough.
Reading showed last night that they have improved and were unlucky to concede a last minute goal to Derby so I expect them to beat us at their ground. They've bought loads of players notably Sam Baldock who is a decent striker.
Birmingham are hard to assess. Robbo has finally retired, they let Lowe come to us but they've brought in Fabbrini. On balance they seem in the same boat as us so it could go either way. A point.
Sheff Utd have spent a load on players notably McGoldrick who we wanted and Ben Woodburn from Liverpool - theoretically they'll be better than us on paper. Depends on how they gel.

I'm thinking two points from 5 games but this is football and we may yet sign a quality striker who could make a difference - and a bit more pace wouldn't go amiss. If we are to do better than that we need a strong performance today because if we put up a good fight it may engender confidence and we can all forget about Guiseley.

Without sufficient investment, our only hope is that Parky can somehow patch this squad together and find a winning formula. Go Parky!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Hopefully more than last August.
West Brom have made some decent signings so I can't see us getting anything today.
Bristol City have also made some good signings like Mo Eisa, Andreas Weimann and Marley Watkins so will be a more attacking side than last season with quality up front. Meanwhile we're picking up their sloppy seconds (Gary O'Neil) Home match so we may get a point but it will be tough.
Reading showed last night that they have improved and were unlucky to concede a last minute goal to Derby so I expect them to beat us at their ground. They've bought loads of players notably Sam Baldock who is a decent striker.
Birmingham are hard to assess. Robbo has finally retired, they let Lowe come to us but they've brought in Fabbrini. On balance they seem in the same boat as us so it could go either way. A point.
Sheff Utd have spent a load on players notably McGoldrick who we wanted and Ben Woodburn from Liverpool - theoretically they'll be better than us on paper. Depends on how they gel.

I'm thinking two points from 5 games but this is football and we may yet sign a quality striker who could make a difference - and a bit more pace wouldn't go amiss. If we are to do better than that we need a strong performance today because if we put up a good fight it may engender confidence and we can all forget about Guiseley.

Without sufficient investment, our only hope is that Parky can somehow patch this squad together and find a winning formula. Go Parky!
He's only gone and done it. Great performance than can only inspire confidence. On paper, they should have stuffed us. On grass however...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten I think. Wonderful result today. I just got in from work and sadly didn't even get to hear the Tower commentary so can someone please tell me how we played?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump.

Ten points from five games - we've got to be pleased with that despite yesterdays result.

BTID was the closest with a predicted 7 points.

Well done him!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LuckyPeterPiper predicted 10, although after the first game

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:LuckyPeterPiper predicted 10, although after the first game
Honourable mention but he wasn't on the start line when the gun went off!

Maybe he'll win the September competition (when I put it up) instead!

Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:LuckyPeterPiper predicted 10, although after the first game
Honourable mention but he wasn't on the start line when the gun went off!

Maybe he'll win the September competition (when I put it up) instead!

Very Happy
I'll start the September prediction.
After yesterdays performance I think the answer is f**k all points

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum