Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Le Fondre: Why Bolton Wanderers won't be relegation fodder

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking exclusively to The Bolton News from his new home in Sydney, the striker feels he has left the club in rude health, despite Saturday’s home slip against Sheffield United.

Phil Parkinson’s side has taken 10 points from a possible 15 and sit third in the table. And while Le Fondre admits it would be a shock to see Wanderers stay among the top six long-term, he reckons this campaign will be a lot more comfortable.

“It won’t go to the last day of the season, I’m sure of that,” he said.

“I know the Sheffield United result wasn’t great but I’ve been really happy for the lads and the way they have started this season. It’s a better squad.

“I think they’ll do reasonably well by the look of the players who have come in. And I know the gaffer will be looking to get one or two more strikers in.

“The biggest strength is the changing room. The gaffer is so careful with the players he signs so he can protect that. The ones he brought in over the summer just bought into the philosophy straight away. You can’t buy that.”

Le Fondre, who signed for Sydney FC in the A-League earlier this month, also had some advice for one of the young pretenders to his throne.

Connor Hall is expected to be sent out on loan before Friday once Parkinson adds another senior striker to his ranks - and the 20-year-old has been urged to make the most of the experience.

“Connor needs to go out on loan – League One, League Two, it doesn’t matter,” Le Fondre said. “He needs to be playing regularly under a manager who can nurture him and polish up the smooth edges. He has got that knack of scoring goals, and that will mean he will never struggle to find a game.

“He’s robust, he’s fast, and he’s got the right tools to be a Championship striker but you need experience and I’d tell any young player that even if you have to dip your toe into the non-league, do it. Go out and play games.

“Connor needs to go out and experience what a number nine really is. Under-23s football is great for keeping you ticking over but if you want to be a first team player you need to show you can handle yourself.

“I think there are some really good young players coming through from Under-18s, especially those who have started in the 23s this season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum