Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you think will be relegated?

+7
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
observer
Dunkels King
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Thu Sep 20 2018, 18:12

Growler wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Normal clowns coming out against PP, give me another manager who’s achieved what he has in the last 2 seasons - exceeding expectations with no budget, a players strike and losing their best player twice.

Wigan and Blackburn both went straight back up from tier 3 with better players than the other teams, as we did.And a few weeks into the season, both look strong enough to stay up.
Promotion from tier 3 was expected on the budget Parky had to work with.We  had the money to tempt Beevers up north from play off winners Millwall.
There is no chance that clubs such as  Gillingham, Rochdale, Southend, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale, Shrewsbury etc could afford to hand out the contracts given to the likes of Wheater, Beevers, Spearing, Madine, Le Fondre and Pratley.We had better, higher paid players than all but Sheffield United and should have been one of the 3 promoted teams in my opinion.

Last season we would have been working on a similar budget to Burton and Barnsley, but credit to Parky for finishing above Sunderland.I think this was more about Sunderland being very poorly managed rather than Parky being a genius however.

Hell of a stretch to say Wigan and Blackburn look stronger than us, very similar so far IMO. Think Wigan are lacking depth in attack and at the back - I haven’t seen as much of Blackburn to be honest though.

Its easy to say how good Madine or Wheater are now- they absolutely weren’t before Parky turned up. ALF wasn’t with us when we started the season - he replaced Clough (a downgrade for the way we played in league 1 IMO). Similarly surprised Pratley and Spearing make your list as examples of the latent we had, both playing league 1 now - and not with any particular distinction.

Our transfer spend was lower than Barnsley or Burton, the wages probably higher but we still had the likes of Amos and Pratley on the books do that distorts somewhat. Either way, to keep us up after having his best player sold again, with no money spent on transfers was a massive achievement.

Dismiss his achievements as much as you like but they’re there on paper alongside what he’s spent and the constant goings on behind the scenes. I just think he deserves credit regardless of his style of play.

22Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Thu Sep 20 2018, 18:15

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Normal clowns coming out against PP, give me another manager who’s achieved what he has in the last 2 seasons - exceeding expectations with no budget, a players strike and losing their best player twice.

Most of what you say is true, but Parky doesn't half make some questionable tactical decisions at times.

You yourself questioned his tactics against QPR on Saturday - way too negative. And then he goes even more negative last night.

I still have nightmares about that surrender at Burton.

I sometimes think we're still in this division despite Parky, not because of him.

He can be too defensive for sure but you’d be hard pushed to find a manager I wouldn’t question at some point though, they all make mistakes.

Compare Parky to his predecessors, and what he inherited. He’s got more out of the players he kept, and bought in improvements on the ones that have been let go.

We’re in the division in spite of KA (I don’t blame him for having no money mind) not PP.

23Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Thu Sep 20 2018, 18:21

MartinBWFC wrote:
Good points well made, that tosspot you replied to just comes on here to be as obnoxious as he possibly can, his comments bare no thought just wants to get a rise, well fuck him off and put him on ignore.

Imagine being 51 and coming out with dribble like this, it’s really tragic Martin. Relax yourself, it’s not worth getting so wound up about.

24Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Thu Sep 20 2018, 21:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Let's see how this looks after the Ipswich game......if we lose it then I'll say bottom three before Christmas. If we win this weekend I'll say 21st with another narrow escape.
A change of manager with some gumption would see us mid table IMO. That would be the best scenario at the moment.
I think it's too early to pull the trigger on PP just now. He got us up and kept us up on an absolute shoestring and while we have lost the last two games I have to say I think QPR are much better than they were expected to be while Boro away was always going to be a tough one. I realise many think he's too one dimensional in his approach and frankly I even share that concern to some degree but I believe we should wait until the next three games have been played before we can make a realistic assessment both of where we are and what we have in terms of quality etc.

More importantly it seems clear to me that the team still believe in Phil. They showed a lot of fight last night, perhaps without much in the way of end product but everyone was giving their all and as long as he still has the dressing room on his side then I believe there's hope. Nobody's head went down last night and for me that's an encouraging sign given what we've seen all too often in the last few years.
We stayed up despite Parky IMO.
I just feel like a more attack minded manager would have us comfy in the bottom half.  Instead another relegation battle is ahead it seems.

25Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Thu Sep 20 2018, 21:50

21:50:43
What baffles me Terrence is what you’re basing that on? The players we’ve bought in? The budget he’s been given? The players we had when he took over?

26Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Fri Sep 21 2018, 01:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Question is are we relegation fodder? We did far better than expected for the first few games and I think we all knew it would be difficult to keep that going but after sliding into the bottom half of the table by only getting one point from the last 12 available and being in a run of potentially tough games we do need a win to give us a breather. 
In that respect the Ipswich game could be a watershed for us. Win and well be a bit more confident about being able to get enough points from the crap teams to survive - lose and we'll be wondering where our next points will come from.

27Who do you think will be relegated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will be relegated? Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Let's see how this looks after the Ipswich game......if we lose it then I'll say bottom three before Christmas. If we win this weekend I'll say 21st with another narrow escape.
A change of manager with some gumption would see us mid table IMO. That would be the best scenario at the moment.
I think it's too early to pull the trigger on PP just now. He got us up and kept us up on an absolute shoestring and while we have lost the last two games I have to say I think QPR are much better than they were expected to be while Boro away was always going to be a tough one. I realise many think he's too one dimensional in his approach and frankly I even share that concern to some degree but I believe we should wait until the next three games have been played before we can make a realistic assessment both of where we are and what we have in terms of quality etc.

More importantly it seems clear to me that the team still believe in Phil. They showed a lot of fight last night, perhaps without much in the way of end product but everyone was giving their all and as long as he still has the dressing room on his side then I believe there's hope. Nobody's head went down last night and for me that's an encouraging sign given what we've seen all too often in the last few years.
We stayed up despite Parky IMO.
I just feel like a more attack minded manager would have us comfy in the bottom half.  Instead another relegation battle is ahead it seems.
One thing I find odd is that when we win it's somehow nothing to do with the manager but when we lose it's entirely his fault. Terrence you can't have it both ways. For me Parkinson has done what he was asked to do. Does that mean he's a great manager? No but he is competent in that he's carried out the instructions he's been given to date. Are you seriously suggesting we fire someone for doing his job the way he's been asked to?

It seems that whenever a manager is not someone's cup of tea the results become irrelevant. Nothing that goes right is attributed to him while everything that goes wrong is blamed on him. Frankly I find it a bit sad that so many people are screaming for a change in manager when it should be blindingly obvious that within the framework of what the club actually has Parkinson has done a decent job to date. I don't personally think he's a brilliant manager but I do think he's the right man for the job we've actually given him. In short we're tasking him with keeping us in the championship while not spending any money in real terms and so far he's done that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum