Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the next three matches in October define our season? Nine pts and two home matches!

+2
Natasha Whittam
observer
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I would hope we can come away with six pts... then again I was hoping for four this week.  Someone needs to light a fire under the lads... do we have a captain who can inspire them?

• Rotherham away on Saturday, October 20th
  • Nottingham Forest home on Wednesday, October 24th
  • Hull at home on Saturday, October 27th.

Last edited by observer on Sun Oct 07 2018, 17:29; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see us getting a point at Rotherham and losing the two home games.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Considering we hadn't even won a match this time last season, I find it hard to get worried or excited about anything yet.

We've got a great chance of not going down, a decent chance of staying up comfortably, and little to no chance of doing anything amazing like finishing top 6.  

That's just my opinion which is depressing in a way but any of those outcomes would be a big achievement in my book.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think anyone is getting excited. Certainly not the players.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't think anyone is getting excited. Certainly not the players.
Exactly the problem... no one firing them up.  We need a Jay Spearing type to captain the team... instill some purpose into every match.  Three points today could mean the difference between a relegation fight and mid-table.  The bottom are moving up already.  We need light the fire in these players or get rid of them.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact that we got off to a better start this season means nothing if we continue to slide back into the relegation zone.
We've gone right off the boil since those heady days and our current form is without doubt relegation form.

In the last 8 games we've got a mere 5 points out of a possible 24 and 3 of those came from the surprise win against an off-colour Derby.
We've scored 3 goals and conceded 11.

Add to that the teams who struggled early doors are starting to find a bit of form and even Ipswich and Preston - both of whom we could only draw with - won on Saturday.

Forest are flying at the moment and we'll struggle against them but we have to win both the other games to put a halt to the teams currently below us clawing us back so in that sense these three games won't necessarily define our season, but will go a long way towards easing the pressure.

We need to stop the rot now.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We must take 6 points from the Rotherham and Hull games. This is when Parky has to prove his worth and show what he is capable of with this current squad. Anything from the Forest game will be a bonus but I can't see it on our current form.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Taylor isn't the greatest, but if he's fit to come back into the team I reckon he'll be more solid that Grounds and that can only help the cause.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

But our problem is in front of goal where we don't have a decent striker. Magennis is never going to set the heather on fire and Doidge just  doesn't look the part yet. 
For all our defensive capability we're going to have to grind out draws as we'll never get more than a single goal or occasionally a maximum of 2 and we're always susceptible to letting in a goal.
I'm not confident at all of winning any matches.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum