Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

721Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 20 2019, 21:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:It was pointed out today that no country in the world trades exclusively on a WTO basis yet the brexiteers think this would be a good thing. Still let's not bother with facts when enough people will believe blatant lies.
Who pointed this out ?

Did they also point out that many bilateral deals began with WTO rules.

Wander, it was stated on Andrew Marr this morning that the Brexit trade secretary promised that 40 agreements would be signed, by the time we leave.  It would seem that there was ever only 37, of which 34 are  signed in preparation, with another one to be signed on Tuesday. There again, he could be blatantly lying on national TV, although I've heard nothing to the contrary, unless of course XM knows something that the rest of us don't. Smile

I would be interested in the source for this alleged information as the BBC is quite clear that no agreements have been signed despite Fox's claims that we could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU" so that there would be no disruption to trade.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46917999

722Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 20 2019, 21:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Meanwhile outside of the London bubble. 

According to the Sky News data national poll, the country does not want a second referendum. 

The #BrexitCrisis studio audience agree as well. They voted 58% no.

The country didn't want the first referendum.

723Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Jan 20 2019, 23:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:It was pointed out today that no country in the world trades exclusively on a WTO basis yet the brexiteers think this would be a good thing. Still let's not bother with facts when enough people will believe blatant lies.
Who pointed this out ?

Did they also point out that many bilateral deals began with WTO rules.

Wander, it was stated on Andrew Marr this morning that the Brexit trade secretary promised that 40 agreements would be signed, by the time we leave.  It would seem that there was ever only 37, of which 34 are  signed in preparation, with another one to be signed on Tuesday. There again, he could be blatantly lying on national TV, although I've heard nothing to the contrary, unless of course XM knows something that the rest of us don't. Smile

I would be interested in the source for this alleged information as the BBC is quite clear that no agreements have been signed despite Fox's claims that we could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU" so that there would be no disruption to trade.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46917999

Actually Fox only claimed that a grand total of one agreement has been signed not 34 and that he hopes to sign another one next week. Still a long way short of the 40 he boasted about before. All this from the genius that said coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history".

725Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 11:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

726Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 12:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This James O'brien is a complete, and ignorant arse. 
He conducts this interview like a spoiled child. Have you ever spoken to someone who picks up on one comment and then goes on and on? Its pointless, and personally, I think it shows a lack of imagination.

727Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:This James O'brien is a complete, and ignorant arse. 
He conducts this interview like a spoiled child. Have you ever spoken to someone who picks up on one comment and then goes on and on? Its pointless, and personally, I think it shows a lack of imagination.
O'brien can be annoying. JRM even more so.
Don't know why he couldn't just bring himself to answer in the affirmative. Not difficult.

728Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 12:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

O Brien huffing and puffing like a small child. Petulantly sneering under his breath.

Smug holier than thou wanker.

729Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How very unlike JRM.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is being Menaced. The Beano has sent the dapper Tory backbencher a cease and desist letter for infringing their copyright. Not for Lord Snooty, but Walter the Softy, Dennis’s nemesis.

“It has been brought to our attention that you have been infringing the intellectual property rights of one of our cartoon characters and masquerading as Walter Brown,” writes Mark Stirling, head of Beano Studios Scotland. “We draw your attention to numerous instances of you distinctly copying the following attributes of the character including: The character’s hair parting and style; The character’s distinctive round reading glasses; The character’s choice of spotty ties and vintage apparel.”

The list goes on to include Rees-Mogg and Walter’s enjoyment of classical music - “because he thinks it makes him seem clever” - and the character’s “bullish behaviour with peers and stopping others from having fun”. Is this an allusion to upcoming battles between the Lords and Commons over Brexit?

Beano editor Mike Stirling once said that Walter was particularly annoying because “he strangles the fun out of everything. He doesn’t want to be a kid, he wants to be a grownup and is always snitching on kids who are having fun”

Luckily for Rees-Mogg, his behaviour is unlikely to land him with a custard pie in the face or a hiding form Dad. Stirling concludes: “A swift response on this matter would be greatly appreciated to avoid getting Teacher involved.” I tried to contact Rees-Mogg this morning to see if there was a remedy which would resolve the matter for both parties but he is yet to reply.

730Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 13:09

It’s an interview with a politician, if they’re dodging a question it should be asked until they answer . The likes of Paxman understood this and pushed the point - that’s what O’brien is doing here. If I was a Brexiteer I’d be more annoyed about the fact Rees Mogg openly misleads and then is unwilling to back away from disproved claims he’d made (food/clothing prices will drop when we leave EU).

731Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 13:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

732Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 15:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Great summary and analysis of the mess May has created here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46944059

Particularly liked the definition of insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, which is of course exactly what May is doing.

733Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 15:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

734Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 15:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s an interview with a politician, if they’re dodging a question it should be asked until they answer . The likes of Paxman understood this and pushed the point - that’s what O’brien is doing here. If I was a Brexiteer I’d be more annoyed about the fact Rees Mogg openly misleads and then is unwilling to back away from disproved claims he’d made (food/clothing prices will drop when we leave EU).

He really did answer everything. Only the quote at the end was disingenuous from mogg.

But the tone of the interview was always going to result in things like that.

Sneering and huffing like a little toddler is rarely going to engender much raport.

735Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Depending on gov policy.
I'd love to see the Government policy that ensures that the majority of over 70 year olds who voted to leave will live for another 50 years.
If I'd known that they were bringing that in I'd have voted Leave myself.

736Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 16:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a simple solution to the bitterness. 

Votes at 12 and ban anyone over 24 from voting. 

Also ban white men and conservative women from voting or make their votes count as a half.

No this wasn't tweeted by AC Grayling but it does sound like it was I know.

737Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Jan 21 2019, 19:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:There's a simple solution to the bitterness. 

ban white men and conservative women from voting or make their votes count as a half.

Like most Leave voters, they are already very, very bitter that they're were sold a pup and are not not going to get what they voted for so diluting or removing their vote would probably just push them over the edge.

Don't see how your proposed solution would help - unless they topped themselves of course.

738Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 02:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Theresa May's Plan B..

Brexit negotiations - Page 37 411f8a957e136b7c8aa2a5ffec921669--east-side-far-side-comics

739Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Theresa May's Plan B..

Brexit negotiations - Page 37 411f8a957e136b7c8aa2a5ffec921669--east-side-far-side-comics

Laughing

740Brexit negotiations - Page 37 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 22 2019, 20:20

Dyson moving company HQ to Singapore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum