Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Beevers says improving Bolton Wanderers can kick on

+4
finlaymcdanger
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Beevers hopes a point at Millwall can put an end to Wanderers’ spiral of misery in the Championship.

Though disappointed his goal was not enough to seal victory at The Den, the big centre-back insists there was enough in Saturday’s performance to suggest the worst of the Whites’ form is now behind them.

Beevers heads to another one of his former employers, Sheffield Wednesday, tomorrow night knowing victory could lift Bolton back out of the bottom three.

“We are getting better,” he told The Bolton News. “Even though we have had a bad run, I don’t think the boys have been playing badly. We’ve been going through a rut of not scoring and that means you struggle to pick up points.

“We’ve chipped away and thankfully we got that goal. Hopefully now we kick on because there’s plenty we can take into Sheffield Wednesday.

“Teams go to Millwall and find it really difficult but I think in large spells we looked the better team, created a few chances. It’s not a bad point, even though I think we should have taken all three.”

Jake Cooper’s 82nd minute goal denied Wanderers their first win since September 29 and a chance to escape the relegation zone at Millwall’s expense.

Beevers hopes by ending a run of four consecutive defeats, however, that a corner has been turned.

“Look at last season, we were down there for the majority of the campaign but we got out of it,” he said. “And when you look at the table right now, it’s tight. One or two wins and we’re mid-table.

“It’s early days and we’re going into an important run of games over Christmas now. We’ve got to find some points.”

Phil Parkinson confirmed that both Will Buckley and Josh Magennis were withdrawn for injury reasons – but has thus far refused to rule either player out of tomorrow’s game at Hillsborough.

“I think it was a bit of cramp but with Will’s history of getting tight hamstrings we didn’t hesitate putting Craig Noone on,” he said.

“Josh has a dead leg, which is a shame because he was right on in it in the first half.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dear me, how much more of this drivel are we going to accept? Every time we snatch a point it was "hard fought" and "we've now turned the corner".

Then we lose the next game 3-0.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sorry Mark but the fact is we're NOT improving at all. The only thing that was better was your goal, everything else was the same old stuff. Frankly Millwall were garbage for large parts of the game and we should have been out of sight by half time. Then to compound the error we sat back and let them dictate the game for the entire second half. Frankly that was unforgivable and how Phil retains his job is a mystery to me. He's not a bad man or even a bad manager at L1 level but here in the Championship he's clearly out of his depth both strategically and tactically. If Ken ever hopes to make a profit out of BWFC he needs to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the Parkinson era.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Beevers plays like that every week he can talk as much crap as he likes. Unfortunately, we won't play many teams quite as toothless a Millwall were on Saturday and he's unlikely to have it as easy again soon.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:If Beevers plays like that every week he can talk as much crap as he likes. Unfortunately, we won't play many teams quite as toothless a Millwall were on Saturday and he's unlikely to have it as easy again soon.
Millwall were without their 2 strikers and played O'brien up front so no wonder Beevers played ok, not seen him have many good game in this league like his manager he's a lower league type.

Millwall’s best striker is Lee Gregory who played the full 90. Don’t know what Martins on about (nothing new there). He pretends he can’t see my comments so can someone else find out please.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Martin, TROY in his post above (which apparently you can't see because you've blocked him) says Millwall's best striker - Lee Gregory played the full game against us so asks what was the point were you trying to make above?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Martin, TROY in his post above (which apparently you can't see because you've blocked him) says Millwall's best striker - Lee Gregory played the full game against us so asks what was the point were you trying to make above?

Tom Bradshaw, Tom Elliott, Steve Morison to name but 3, tell him to get his fucking facts right the bellend.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can someone tell Bonce to fuck right off.

I can see his posts, but I like the thought of someone else telling him.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can someone tell Bonce to fuck right off.

I can see his posts, but I like the thought of someone else telling him.
Harsh. But I forgive you.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Martin, TROY in his post above (which apparently you can't see because you've blocked him) says Millwall's best striker - Lee Gregory played the full game against us so asks what was the point were you trying to make above?

Tom Bradshaw, Tom Elliott, Steve Morison to name but 3, tell him to get his fucking facts right the bellend.

I do have my facts straight, Gregory is their top scorer with 5 goals in the championship this year. The 3 you mention have 3 between them.

Sluffy if you can do the honours and pass that on to the angry bloke that would be great.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Martin - TROY says -

"I do have my facts straight, Gregory is their top scorer with 5 goals in the championship this year. The 3 you mention have 3 between them".

Bonce - Natasha says -

"to fuck right off".

Can someone please tell TROY and Natasha that I've given up passing messages on from now on! - many thanks.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Martin - TROY says -

"I do have my facts straight, Gregory is their top scorer with 5 goals in the championship this year. The 3 you mention have 3 between them".

Bonce - Natasha says -

"to fuck right off".

Can someone please tell TROY and Natasha that I've given up passing messages on from now on! - many thanks.

At last, you've found your place on Nuts.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Martin - TROY says -

Bonce - Natasha says -

"to fuck right off".

Where in my original post did I mention goalscoring strikers? the point I made was that Beevers got an easy run out as he was up against makeshift strikers, but then that bellend could start an argument in an empty room, just het facts right before commenting you massive weapon.

Gregory is their main striker not a makeshift therefore your point is complete nonsense - as always.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

At last, you've found your place on Nuts.
Who is the cute girl in your avatar?

She is helping me to take my mind off Brexit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:She is helping me to take my mind off Brexit.

That was me when I started posting on Nuts.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's really amazing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum