Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson to Reading?

+12
gloswhite
karlypants
Kane57
Sluffy
Growler
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Norpig
Nigelbwfc
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 11 2018, 19:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Parky was to go I doubt it would put Anderson out. Possibility of compensation, a huge wage bill saved and no outlay in recruitment if he promotes from within.

22Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 11 2018, 20:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:If Parky was to go I doubt it would put Anderson out. Possibility of compensation, a huge wage bill saved and no outlay in recruitment if he promotes from within.
Nat would manage for free... and couldn't possibly do worse than we have done in the past 12 or 13 matches.  My monies on her to get a few wins.

23Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 11 2018, 20:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:If Parky was to go I doubt it would put Anderson out. Possibility of compensation, a huge wage bill saved and no outlay in recruitment if he promotes from within.
Nat would manage for free... and couldn't possibly do worse than we have done in the past 12 or 13 matches.  My monies on her to get a few wins.

I don’t mind having a go. Look what happened to the players from Colombia. I can be trigger happy depending on results! Very Happy

24Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Thu Dec 13 2018, 17:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Photo on twitter showing Parkinson in Reading today with thatThogdans dad.

25Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Thu Dec 13 2018, 18:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles on twitter -

Nothing in the Phil Parkinson at Reading rumours knocking around. Has people batting for him down there, but I think they are looking at a foreign option.

26Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Thu Dec 13 2018, 19:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Iles on twitter -

Nothing in the Phil Parkinson at Reading rumours knocking around. Has people batting for him down there, but I think they are looking at a foreign option.

And in your mind he's never wrong huh?

27Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Thu Dec 13 2018, 19:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:

And in your mind he's never wrong huh?

Anyone can be wrong.

If you actually understood what I've written about him, it is his professionalism I comment on - or rather the lack of it.

28Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Thu Dec 13 2018, 20:03

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Nothing to suggest.....apart from the two sides having a meeting.

If it's true, and your boy suggests it is, then I'd suggest it suggests a lot.

Maybe.

It would suggest more if Parkinson was going to Reading for an interview I would have thought.

Reading away at Rotherham just a small detour to Bolton?

29Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Fri Dec 14 2018, 14:15

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Agreed, i think its just our fans clutching at straws!!

30Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Fri Dec 14 2018, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBF they are looking for someone in "the Reading Mould".

Unfortunately we are looking for someone in the Real Madrid mould.

31Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Fri Dec 14 2018, 16:33

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shame they didn't ban Parky

32Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 18 2018, 18:51

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Parky looking the clear favourite for the Reading job now.

33Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 18 2018, 18:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My mate just told me we are looking for a new manager, and he's a newcstle supporter. I'e seen nothing about this.

34Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 18 2018, 19:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reading are daft if they don't go for Jakanovic. I hope we get him if they do opt for Parky. Would be a miracle though

35Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Tue Dec 18 2018, 19:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nigelbwfc wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Parky looking the clear favourite for the Reading job now.
That report was from Dec 11th, I think they would've spoke to him by now if he was a serious contender, sadly we're stuck with him.

36Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Wed Dec 19 2018, 17:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is a cruel thread title.

For a moment I thought he gone.

37Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reading appoint new manager - but it's not PP.

Jose Gomes: Reading name Rio Ave boss as new manager

38Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Reading appoint new manager - but it's not PP.

There seems to be a misguided conception that Portuguese managers are the way forward, Wolves did it but did they just get lucky? I think it'll end up in more tears than if Parkinson had taken over.

39Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Reading appoint new manager - but it's not PP.

There seems to be a misguided conception that Portuguese managers are the way forward, Wolves did it but did they just get lucky? I think it'll end up in more tears than if Parkinson had taken over.

No they didn't get lucky Martin, they had a huge amount of money from a massive Chinese investment group (that probably means the Chinese state has its fingers in it!) and is very, vert heavily linked to a proper Super Agent - Jorge Mendes - who is Portuguese, who is all but in name only the man in charge at Wolves.

They bought the league in effect last season and it would surprise me if they continue to buy heavily to strengthen the squad and look to break into the top six, in the next few years.

You may find this link interesting -

40Parkinson to Reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Parkinson to Reading? Sun Dec 23 2018, 16:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:No they didn't get lucky Martin, they had a huge amount of money from a massive Chinese investment group (that probably means the Chinese state has its fingers in it!) and is very, vert heavily linked to a proper Super Agent - Jorge Mendes - who is Portuguese, who is all but in name only the man in charge at Wolves.

They bought the league in effect last season.

Having money helps, but it buys you nothing without the right man in charge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum