Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson is being backed for the vacant Reading job

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speculation over Phil Parkinson’s future looks set to linger into next week with Reading unlikely to make an appointment before weekend.

The Wanderers boss remains odds-on favourite to succeed Paul Clement and is believed to be the first choice for a few influential figures at the Madejski Stadium.

Caretaker boss Scott Marshall expects to be in charge of this weekend’s game against Rotherham United – and it is looking increasingly likely the Royals will hold an interview process to examine potential candidates.

No official approach has been made, which has left Parkinson free to concentrate on preparing his side for the visit of Leeds United this weekend.

Reading midfielder Dave Edwards admits would love to see Reading test Wanderers’ mettle with an approach for the club legend.

"Phil Parkinson is a huge fans' favourite here," said Edwards on the Totally Football League Show podcast. “Every time he comes to Reading with Bolton he gets a rapturous reception.

"He's doing wonderful things at Bolton when you think of the things he's going through.

"He would be a shrewd appointment by the club. I'm sure there are plenty of people who see the club as a good one to come and manage.”

"It's a club that's really underperforming - and that's the club from top to bottom.

"We've definitely got a squad which should be fighting in the top half of the Championship.

"If we can get a man in who can change the momentum around and get us winning games then I'm sure we can really take off."

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure the Reading fans will think he's amazing after a few months of hoofball, start the car someone!

Apologies Norpig, but only a complete fucking idiot would think we’ll be in a better position if Parky left tomorrow.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm in the complete fucking idiot camp with you Norpig. Good luck with the job application Phil.

T.R.O.Y wrote:Apologies Norpig, but only a complete fucking idiot would think we’ll be in a better position if Parky left tomorrow.

Had a beer, so it’s a bit over the top this. General sentiment is accurate though.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Phil does get the Reading job I wish him well. He's done his best here and even though I think it's not good enough I don't hold a grudge against him for that. Sometimes a manager and club just don't fit together no matter how good a match it looks on paper. Just look at Man Utd and Mourinho.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum