Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time To Say Goodbye?

+13
wanderlust
Lyric Todkill
doffcocker
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
rammywhite
Reebok_Rebel
JakeSnake
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are we still following Bolton? Apart from family, is there any other aspect of life where we would show such loyalty?

Let's face it, Bolton are shite. Shite manager, shite players, shite everything. And with our debt being £100m+ this is as good as it's going to get for many, many years.

Be honest, do you actually enjoy watching Bolton? I don't. It has become a major chore. Every Saturday it gets to around 1.30pm and I have to virtually force myself to get in the car. I begrudge every penny spent on petrol to get to the Reebok. I'm not going to Hull tomorrow because I can't be arsed. It's that simple. Why would any sane person spend £100+ doing something they don't want or need to do?

I don't believe any of you enjoy it either. Who enjoys crap longball football that usually ends in defeat? I suspect the majority of you go for the social aspect of things, just to escape the rut of your sorry lives. Or in some cases, people seem to think loyalty to a stupid footall club is the most important thing in their life, they seem to think there's no alternative and will keep going until the draw their last breath.

So who's going to man up and admit they dislike following Bolton? Who is going to grow a pair and walk away from this shite club?

You know you want to, have the courage to admit it on here. It's the first step to a more fulfilling life.

2Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:31

It's not been enjoyable for a few years now, but you keep going in the hope the good times will return.

3Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Owen Owen wrote:It's not been enjoyable for a few years now, but you keep going in the hope the good times will return.

But you could just stop going, save yourself a packet, and return when/if the good times return.

4Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:41

my first game was the birmingham city fa cup quarter final win. the entertainment definitely peaked that day! since then it's been pretty dire, but i still love the atmosphere of being in a football ground.

5Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:48

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

I will never change who I support... I mean if I changed then Id support Stockport County or it would be Bury, Rochdale, FC United or Bournemouth... And there no better... But also whoever does want to support a different team is a sad case....

6Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 09:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Owen Owen Owen wrote:It's not been enjoyable for a few years now, but you keep going in the hope the good times will return.

But you could just stop going, save yourself a packet, and return when/if the good times return.
#

that would make me a glory hunter - something I HATE!

7Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 10:04

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why are we still following Bolton? you ask...

well...

I was born in Bolton.
they are my local team.
I'm not a Glory hunter.

I've had good and bad times following the whites, as im only young they have mainly been good ones - romping round Europe, seeing us win the league at the burnden with more points than you could shake a stick at.

now we are going through a bad patch - and I HATE it! Il rant, rave, call for managers heads, blame every tom tick and harry I can for the situation we are in, feel jealous of teams like Swansea and Wigan who at the min are better than us - I cant fucking stand it, poking pins in my eyeballs would be more fun I think!

throughout all the ranting, raving etc etc, throughout the megson era, feeling the sheer anger coming from the stands at THAT hull city game and the events following it, the departure of big Sam, Owen coyles bullshit, Sammy lees complete farce of a short lived management career and the previous bullshit from gartside regarding it - I have sometimes woke up in the morning and thought 'fuck it, why should I bother' ... but I do bother, I renew my season ticket every season without question and will continue to do so...

so, to answer your question - I dont know why, its just something I 'do'

Its in my blood and will stay there.

however much id want too, I could NEVER support another team - bolton are the team that god decided I was to follow and I will do so through thick and thin, all the while whinging like fuck about it... Shocked

8Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 10:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha,
There's something inherently contradictory in what you say. Everyting about the club, you say,is shite. Yet you've posted over 4000 entries on here about the club.
No doubt today there'll be quite a few more from you. What is it about this shite club that keeps you so enamoured of it, so vocal about it.
Answer you're own question. Why don't you grow a a pair and just cut off contact with everything to do with it.
Or is it, I suspect, that your sense of loyalty is in your DNA and ,like me and thousands of others, good times and bad, we can't give it up

9Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 10:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:Natasha,
There's something inherently contradictory in what you say. Everyting about the club, you say,is shite. Yet you've posted over 4000 entries on here about the club.
No doubt today there'll be quite a few more from you. What is it about this shite club that keeps you so enamoured of it, so vocal about it.
Answer you're own question. Why don't you grow a a pair and just cut off contact with everything to do with it.
Or is it, I suspect, that your sense of loyalty is in your DNA and ,like me and thousands of others, good times and bad, we can't give it up

^^^ this...

10Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This was as much a question for me as everyone else, I'm not immune from the BWFC disease. After years of going to every game I am slowly reducing the amount of games I go to. You can't just go "cold turkey". But I've made the first step, addmitting I have a problem.

11Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:38

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

This was as much a question for me as everyone else, I'm not immune from the BWFC disease. After years of going to every game I am slowly reducing the amount of games I go to. You can't just go "cold turkey". But I've made the first step, admitting I have a problem.

Is the next step going to eastlands and ordering a season ticket?

12Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Is the next step going to eastlands and ordering a season ticket?

No, probably PNE or a local non-league club like Chorley or Bamber Bridge.

13Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The vast amount of money in the game particularly since the Premier League was established has ruined the game for me.

Now it's more important for clubs to stay in the Premier than go for a good cup or UEFA run - and why clubs play their weaker teams in such competitions so they can play their full strength line ups against Wigan or whoever on the coming Saturday.

Even the big four put weakened teams out in the Premier because they are chasing the Champions League money - hence why there are some dodgy results throughout the season which can and does effect the relegation’s positions at the end of seasons.

The money and how its made prima donna and pampered millionaires as even affected how I view England games - they have no passion to play for their country and many now have no passion to watch such players representing the nation either.

I've supported Bolton for nearly 50 years - and I'll carry on, its in the blood but it is a madness really to do so. If we ever get promoted again we know we will only be cannon fodder for the top clubs - success is ending up 17th or better in the Premier, a good year we might even get into the top ten - who in their right minds cares about that?

They say it is a tribal thing following your local club and it most be so for me because I can't think of any other reason why I bother about them. It's been no pleasure watching these last few years particularly under the last three clowns we've had as managers but I'm still here and no doubt will be until I turn my toes up - but it doesn’t mean that I enjoy it anymore but I still live in hope that one day I will again.

14Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:48

LOL - £100m debt and what have you got to show for it? Fat Kevin Davies and David Ngog. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

15Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I will never say goodbye to bolton, I support them through good and bad and I think there will be more bad days than good in the next 2-3 seasons. I will only ever stop going to games if I move away from bolton or another country but I will always follow them.

I wish I was born 5-10 years earlier in regards to the wanderers, I have only owned a season ticket since lee/megson era but though I wasn't football mad when I was younger I still remember the good days in the 90s.

I suppose every club goes through there dark days now and again, ours sadly started again under lee and haven't changed since.

16Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton Hater wrote:LOL - £100m debt and what have you got to show for it? Fat Kevin Davies and David Ngog. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What have you got to show off? A bunch of chickens and thats just the players........i'll get my coat.

17Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Bolton Hater wrote:LOL - £100m debt and what have you got to show for it? Fat Kevin Davies and David Ngog. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What have you got to show off? A bunch of chickens and thats just the players.

Not to mention having to make a "chicken" commercial that was not allowed to be shown in the UK and only shown in India and talk about having to sell decent players just to buy players - now that shows lack of money. At least Bolton have not had to sell to buy!!!

18Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's no longer a pleasure supporting Bolton but I have reduced my active commitment.

Since moving to the south coast I no longer bother going to matches. I couldn't even be arsed to go to the Crawley game, and in some ways I'm glad I didn't. Following Bolton involves far more misery than happiness but now I'm older I try to be realistic about it. It is only a game and I mean nothing to BWFC. Other things in my life matter a lot more. I still get pissed off when we lose and especially when it seems to be due to our current inept management.

But will I say goodbye? Almost certainly not even if we get relegated again.

19Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I will never ay goodbye to Bolton and much of the sentiment of xmiles I agree with.

The only time I will say goodbye if either if they go bust, which I certainly hope never happens, or when I get carried off in the box which I hope is long off in the future.

20Time To Say Goodbye? Empty Re: Time To Say Goodbye? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:

What have you got to show off? A bunch of chickens and thats just the players.

Not to mention having to make a "chicken" commercial that was not allowed to be shown in the UK and only shown in India and talk about having to sell decent players just to buy players - now that shows lack of money. At least Bolton have not had to sell to buy!!!

Uh, yeah we did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum