Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shocking: McDonnell "Churchill was a Villain"

+3
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John McDonnell who calls for violence against Tory MPs has declared Mr Churchill a Villain today.

Is he right or is he just stoking up his base who loathe absolutely everything about this country and its history. 

He's free to say things like this because of Churchill so good on him.

Is he right?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Churchill, like many great men was flawed, but the more I've read about him as a man, the more I've come to like him. A big animal lover, he became delightfully eccentric in his old age, and was often to be found with a budgie sat on his head. He even taught it to carry his spoon across the dining table.
I'm also pretty sure he would have been a remainer.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He was being a sh1t at Churchill's actions against the coal miners in 1910 so an age in history ago. He didn't mention Harold Wilson closing more pits than any other prime minister, nor did he question the actions of governments during the industrial revolution or treatment of the Tolpuddle Martyrs. He has, he thinks, to appear to be saying something, but as the pub swot goes away, reads a single article then bores everyone with dull facts in the hope folk will think him highly intelligent. He's a twat.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McDonnell is  a twat. Churchill was a bit of a dick too with a penchant for self-publicity and alcoholism, but on the plus side he did champion the vision of a united Europe and although every Tory Prime Minister since then has, but he was the first.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He is a Cunt.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree. I wonder how many of the people who have already posted on this topic will read it though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

I agree. I wonder how many of the people who have already posted on this topic will read it though.

I read it and it made some fair comments about the inaccuracies of "casual history" contributing to xenophobia in the UK, but mainly questioned why McDonnell called Churchill a villain for Tonypandy which wasn't really his fault, when there were so many other things that Churchill could be called a villain or at least incompetent for. 
I'm more amused by HN's sensationalist headlines of late e.g. "SHOCKING" "SICK" "RACIST" - missed a career opportunity at the National Enquirer.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do them for a laugh.

I used to be a journalist so I've already had a career in that sector.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I used to be a journalist so I've already had a career in that sector.

Beano or Dandy?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I used to be a journalist so I've already had a career in that sector.

Beano or Dandy?

Daily sport.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Elvis still on the moon?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Beano or Dandy?

Daily sport.
"The number one for HOT stories and EVEN HOTTER BABES"? 
With cutting edge journalism like that behind you no wonder you are so informed about Brexit.

I assume you were joking.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Beano or Dandy?

Daily sport.
"The number one for HOT stories and EVEN HOTTER BABES"? 
With cutting edge journalism like that behind you no wonder you are so informed about Brexit.

I assume you were joking.

I worked for a local paper in Leamington spa.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keeping Up Appearances was filmed there.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a lovely little town.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I worked for a local paper in Leamington spa.

I bloody knew you were from Coventry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum