Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paralympic football

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paralympic football Empty Paralympic football Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:44

Quoncy

David Ngog
David Ngog

Is anybody watching the blind football at the Paralympics? The level of skill possessed by these athletes has amazed me.

I’ve just seen a fantastic goal scored by Dave Clarke for team GB in a match against Spain. He received the ball in his own half, ran towards the opposition goal, beat 3 defenders and finished past a fully sighted goalkeeper!

He puts our fully sighted yet clueless players to shame.

Get him signed up Owen Coyle ...and play him in a 4-5-1 formation!

2Paralympic football Empty Re: Paralympic football Fri Aug 31 2012, 17:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not being funny Quoncy, but were the three defenders he beat not all blind as a bat too?

3Paralympic football Empty Re: Paralympic football Fri Aug 31 2012, 19:43

Quoncy

David Ngog
David Ngog

Yes Largehat, all three defenders were blind but it was still an impressive goal. I guess you have to see it for yourself.

It wasn't as though he strolled through the middle unnoticed whilst the defence fumbled around wondering where the hell he was. All three defenders closed him down to the point of making contact, so they knew exactly where he was. He beat them with skill.

Let's not forget that all players on the pitch have the same level of ability/disability so it's an even playing field. If Sordell scored a similar goal against other fully sighted and able-bodied individuals would that detract from his achievement or would you admire the goal?

4Paralympic football Empty Re: Paralympic football Fri Aug 31 2012, 21:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd admire the goal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum