Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 52]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So what do we think? 

1. Deal announced in the morning or 
2. Anderson coughs up for the wages or 
3. No deal and no wages (a press release from Anderson listing a load of reasons, excuses and promises?)
4. Something else?

Ken pays, but still no deal.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deal collapses is my guess and the club liquidates.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Deal collapses is my guess and the club liquidates.

lol

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In all seriousness though, I think some sort of arrangement to split the players wages due will be agreed for the sale to finally go ahead tomorrow.

Don’t think it will drag past tomorrow

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Getting bored now. Just take the money and f*** off Anderson.

It's not as simple as that.

As I've been saying all along, he can't sell the club whilst there is a lien on the ownership shares of the club.

Until he can find the £5 million (or whatever it is if interest etc is added) to do this he can't sell.

Maybe he's hoping that the buyer would advance him the money to do that but I doubt anyone will be doing that.

Add on to that, that he's said he will pay the players wages on Monday.

I think he's going to have to find some money from somewhere otherwise the club would be trading whilst insolvent - which could ultimately put him in jail.

Interesting days ahead!
At this point he still has control of the shares which he is selling so theoretically, couldn't he try to negotiate that the debt is settled as part of the bill? I had assumed that was the case, but may be wrong. I suspect he wants a price that would cover his outstanding debt and leave him with a nice payoff and if so that is perhaps the sticking point. 
Even if there is a claim on the shares, if they come to agreement that the debt will be paid one way or another and can sign a contract to that effect there's no reason why they couldn't make the announcement and let the paperwork follow.

The repayment date for the loan as passed so Anderson is in default.  The loan as not been called in, so Anderson is owner of the club in name only.

Eddies estate will not discharge the lien until it is paid in full.

So he can't do anything until he settles up.

The consortium will not deal with Anderson until there is no lien on the shares, so there is deadlock.

Time's ticking because the HMRC winder is due on the 20th of this month.

There is also the players wages to pay tomorrow.

If they are not settled soon then the club can't continue trading as it has become insolvent.  

Any new bidder for the club won't have any time to due any financial due diligence on it - so would be buying it blind.

As for Basran, on the face of it, he doesn't seem to have money left after purchase to invest in the club.

I don't put much store in the Kenyon link.

Anderson seemed to be looking for £2 million after clearing all debts from final purchase settlement - maybe less now.

Do you still believe Ron Billionaire couldn't have afford that from his reported £3 billion worth of wealth?

(I still chuckle at that one!).

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Getting bored now. Just take the money and f*** off Anderson.

It's not as simple as that.

As I've been saying all along, he can't sell the club whilst there is a lien on the ownership shares of the club.

Until he can find the £5 million (or whatever it is if interest etc is added) to do this he can't sell.

Maybe he's hoping that the buyer would advance him the money to do that but I doubt anyone will be doing that.

Add on to that, that he's said he will pay the players wages on Monday.

I think he's going to have to find some money from somewhere otherwise the club would be trading whilst insolvent - which could ultimately put him in jail.

Interesting days ahead!
At this point he still has control of the shares which he is selling so theoretically, couldn't he try to negotiate that the debt is settled as part of the bill? I had assumed that was the case, but may be wrong. I suspect he wants a price that would cover his outstanding debt and leave him with a nice payoff and if so that is perhaps the sticking point. 
Even if there is a claim on the shares, if they come to agreement that the debt will be paid one way or another and can sign a contract to that effect there's no reason why they couldn't make the announcement and let the paperwork follow.

The repayment date for the loan as passed so Anderson is in default.  The loan as not been called in, so Anderson is owner of the club in name only.

Eddies estate will not discharge the lien until it is paid in full.

So he can't do anything until he settles up.

The consortium will not deal with Anderson until there is no lien on the shares, so there is deadlock.

Time's ticking because the HMRC winder is due on the 20th of this month.

There is also the players wages to pay tomorrow.

If they are not settled soon then the club can't continue trading as it has become insolvent.  

Any new bidder for the club won't have any time to due any financial due diligence on it - so would be buying it blind.

As for Basran, on the face of it, he doesn't seem to have money left after purchase to invest in the club.

I don't put much store in the Kenyon link.

Anderson seems to be looking for £2 million after clearing all debts from final purchase settlement.

Do you still believe Ron Billionaire couldn't afford that from his reported £3 billion worth of wealth?

(I still chuckle at that one!).
Sluffy - As Anderson claims he uncovered hidden debts after he bought in, I'm wondering if you think there are other outstanding liabilities that new owners might find.  

Obviously Monday's payroll will be critical.  If it is not met, I doubt we will be playing Tuesday night.  So, Anderson has to make a big decision and finance the payroll himself or sell on quickly.  Monday will be interesting.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:Sluffy - As Anderson claims he uncovered hidden debts after he bought in, I'm wondering if you think there are other outstanding liabilities that new owners might find.  

Obviously Monday's payroll will be critical.  If it is not met, I doubt we will be playing Tuesday night.  So, Anderson has to make a big decision and finance the payroll himself or sell on quickly.  Monday will be interesting.

There's always going to be something, somewhere, in the books that needs some sort of explanation, even if there is nothing untoward about it.

I've never thought Anderson was here to be crooked about anything unlike some, but rather be a hardnosed businessman, with balls of steel.

I doubt then there would be anything illegal in the books but yes, I've no doubt there are more than a few skeletons to be found, that need to be dealt with.

Buyer beware and all that - hence why due diligence in buying anything, is always a good idea.

For someone to come in and buy without going through the books first is always going to be a risk.

I think something has to happen tomorrow about the wages, otherwise the EFL will call the game off.

Never a dull moment being a Wanderers fan, eh!

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:Sluffy - As Anderson claims he uncovered hidden debts after he bought in, I'm wondering if you think there are other outstanding liabilities that new owners might find.  

There's always going to be something, somewhere, in the books that needs some sort of explanation, even if there is nothing untoward about it.

I've never thought Anderson was here to be crooked about anything unlike some, but rather be a hardnosed businessman, with balls of steel.

I doubt then there would be anything illegal in the books but yes, I've no doubt there are more than a few skeletons to be found, that need to be dealt with.

Buyer beware and all that - hence why due diligence in buying anything, is always a good idea.

For someone to come in and buy without going through the books first is always going to be a risk.

I think something has to happen tomorrow about the wages, otherwise the EFL will call the game off.

Never a dull moment being a Wanderers fan, eh!
And to think it wasn't that long ago we were doing well in international competitions under BSA.  But like other clubs, that led to our possible liquidation... though I don't think it will come to that.  Anderson seems to wait until the last possible moment to make or strike a deal.  Tomorrow (or today for you already) will be interesting.  It starts with the players getting paid.  After that, anything is possible.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Talking of skeletons in the cupboard, there are (unsubstantiated as yet) rumours that Anderson has previously sold off parts of the ground and that there are charges on other bits. Now I know that this is a sore topic with some folk but I pray to God it isn't true, however as we haven't seen any accounts for a long, long time we really don't know what the current position is or what he's done.

As for Ron Billionaire "not being able to afford to pay off the debts" that was never the issue. The issue was an unwillingness to meet Anderson's unreasonable demands and from what I heard a personal dislike of the man after initial discussions. Given the vast amount of money Ron invested in the Pittsburgh Penguins which took them from bankruptcy to perennial champions and a new stadium I don't think that money is the issue, but it is notable that he originally bought them out of bankruptcy. I believe he's a very laid back guy who simply thought Anderson was a jumped up duplicitous little prick who he couldn't be arsed to deal with.

Still concerned that Basran etc have no money and that even if the deal goes through it will be a sideways move -  some people suggesting that if they do end up getting the club there will be a focus on youth development, hence Warburton's involvement - Nixon actually said we could become "the Brentford of the North" FFS although I take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Kenyon could be a much better prospect so I agree there are plenty of twists and turns to come in this debacle - but I doubt Ron will be bothering to come back again unfortunately - that gravy train has long since disappeared down the tracks.

God knows how we'll come out of this mess. I only know it's been coming for two years now and I still can't work out why Anderson appears so unprepared for it - him being such an astute businessman and all.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Announcement of some sort due at 11am.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Talking of skeletons in the cupboard, there are (unsubstantiated as yet) rumours that Anderson has previously sold off parts of the ground and that there are charges on other bits. Now I know that this is a sore topic with some folk but I pray to God it isn't true, however as we haven't seen any accounts for a long, long time we really don't know what the current position is or what he's done.

As for Ron Billionaire "not being able to afford to pay off the debts" that was never the issue. The issue was an unwillingness to meet Anderson's unreasonable demands and from what I heard a personal dislike of the man after initial discussions. Given the vast amount of money Ron invested in the Pittsburgh Penguins which took them from bankruptcy to perennial champions and a new stadium I don't think that money is the issue, but it is notable that he originally bought them out of bankruptcy. I believe he's a very laid back guy who simply thought Anderson was a jumped up duplicitous little prick who he couldn't be arsed to deal with.

Still concerned that Basran etc have no money and that even if the deal goes through it will be a sideways move -  some people suggesting that if they do end up getting the club there will be a focus on youth development, hence Warburton's involvement - Nixon actually said we could become "the Brentford of the North" FFS although I take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Kenyon could be a much better prospect so I agree there are plenty of twists and turns to come in this debacle - but I doubt Ron will be bothering to come back again unfortunately - that gravy train has long since disappeared down the tracks.

God knows how we'll come out of this mess. I only know it's been coming for two years now and I still can't work out why Anderson appears so unprepared for it - him being such an astute businessman and all.

The club has an ACV on it, so nothing that is covered by it can be sold without the ST having 6 months to purchases it first - do you think they wouldn't have mentioned something by now if he had?

Any charges on assets are shown at Companies House.  As I've been constantly telling you for three years now nothing new (apart from those involving the Davies loan of £5 million to KA to pay off BluMarble) has been listed.  So much for your constant "he's pawned everything" diatribes.

You've made up your own narrative on what I said about Ron Billionaire above.  In fact what I was pointing out (and laughing at) was that a person worth £3 billion baulked at paying £2 million for the club, that being Anderson's personal profit from the transaction.  If you scale the numbers down to something we can all understand, it is just like having £3,000 in your pocket and walking away from a deal because of just £2 being asked extra.  Just absolutely ridiculous isn't it.

You take everything Nixon, who actually does have connections with the club, says with a pinch of salt but yet believe the utter fiction you read on Facebook and that what you are told by some random bloke down the pub! 

No wonder you make me laugh.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Talking of skeletons in the cupboard, there are (unsubstantiated as yet) rumours that Anderson has previously sold off parts of the ground and that there are charges on other bits. Now I know that this is a sore topic with some folk but I pray to God it isn't true, however as we haven't seen any accounts for a long, long time we really don't know what the current position is or what he's done.

The club has an ACV on it, so nothing that is covered by it can be sold without the ST having 6 months to purchases it first - do you think they wouldn't have mentioned something by now if he had?

Any charges on assets are shown at Companies House.  As I've been constantly telling you for three years now nothing new (apart from those involving the Davies loan of £5 million to KA to pay off BluMarble) has been listed.  So much for your constant "he's pawned everything" diatribes.

You've made up your own narrative on what I said about Ron Billionaire above.  In fact what I was pointing out (and laughing at) was that a person worth £3 billion baulked at paying £2 million for the club, that being Anderson's personal profit from the transaction.  If you scale the numbers down to something we can all understand, it is just like having £3,000 in your pocket and walking away from a deal because of just £2 being asked extra.  Just absolutely ridiculous isn't it.

You take everything Nixon, who actually does have connections with the club, says with a pinch of salt but yet believe the utter fiction you read on Facebook and that what you are told by some random bloke down the pub! 

No wonder you make me laugh.
I try to bring a little joy into everyone's life  Very Happy

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][size=1]ore[/size]
BOLTON. Players still not paid. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][size=1]ore[/size]
BOLTON. Players still not paid. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He has all today to pay it no?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][size=1]ore[/size]

No may be the operative word.  No pay no play tomorrow.  Let's wait until the bewitching hour and see what happens to Cinderella.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
karlypants wrote:

No may be the operative word.  No pay no play tomorrow.  Let's wait until the bewitching hour and see what happens to Cinderella.

There could be things happening behind the scenes as we speak regarding a takeover. I feel like this is doubtful though!

Some tweets saying that players can walk away from the club if not paid by the 14th.

Not sure if true or not?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was suggested there's something happening at 13.45 although this may just be a match preview.

Anyone surprised at how this is panning out?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum