Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites boss mulling over his red-card response

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Following the Elland Road confrontation Phil Parkinson has yet to decide on his course of action.

The Wanderers boss was sent from the touchline by referee Tony Harrington after the face-off against Leeds. And while both clubs have been slapped with a charge by the FA, Parkinson has also been singled out for individual disciplinary action.

And, after being shown his third red card as Bolton boss, he is mulling over whether he will submit an appeal.

“It was harsh, to say the least,” he told The Bolton News. “I expected them to think the red card was enough but to be charged as well rubs a bit of salt into the wounds. There wasn’t a great deal going on, there weren’t any punches thrown, so I’ll go and see [club secretary] Simon Marland and we’ll see how we’re going to respond to the FA.

“If you look at the melee, or whatever you want to call it, it was a bit strange, but it was just a very competitive game. A couple of things went on on the pitch that frustrated us which I don’t think the referee picked up on.

“I think there was an element of frustration which boiled over from the game itself.”

In the cold light of day, Parkinson will study the footage meticulously before deciding on his next move.

And he revealed he has already had to answer to a higher power when he endured his premiere of the video nasty at Leeds.

“I’ll have to watch it back myself,” he added. “I have done that, unfortunately my wife was there watching it as well and she hasn’t stopped going on about it yet.

“It was in my mind because Lowey had got his 10th booking and obviously Gaz and Joe [Gary O’Neil and Joe Williams] were in the middle of it.

“As I walked over Pontus Jansson walked over and pushed one of our players, and I reacted to that because I was worried it would spark off more than needed to happen.

“That was it and then next thing I’m brandished a red card.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why bother? He's off to Bradford today according to the Oracle.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum