Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fancy dress parties

+3
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
largehat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fancy dress parties Empty Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 02:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Have you ever been to a fancy dress party? Who did you go as?

Have you ever done a Del Boy and Rodney (below) and got it all wrong, turning up in fancy dress to a non-fancy dress party, or vice versa?

Fancy dress parties Only-fools-and-horses-del-rodney-batman-robin-tv-serie-wallpapers

I've dressed up in fancy dress three times in my life. Firstly, when I was 4 and my brother was 6, we were dressed as Bill & Ben, the Flower Pot Men by our parents, at a fancy dress contest at Butlins in Skegness. We came third.

About 5-6 years ago I went to my friend's wife's fancy dress 30th birthday party dressed as a monk.

In 2009 my best mate and I went to the Ashes Test at Headingley dressed as convicts, with Ball & Chain and so on. It was amazing how popular we were, everyone wanted to talk to us and chat with us, just because we looked like right idiots.

I do have one fancy dress gone wrong incident though. When I was a student, my mate was seeing this girl from a wealthy family in Alderley Edge, Cheshire. She was hosting a house party and we decided to surprise her by turning up. She wasn't expecting us to come because we were supposed to be revising for exams.

Deciding we wanted to get pissed, we chucked a load of Stella Artois in the back of my mate's car and set off on the 60 mile drive to the party. We stopped about a couple of miles away to have a couple of pints, then completed the journey and parked up on her street.

We got out of the car, and were passed by half a dozen American footballers. We thought this was a bit odd. Then Scooby Doo and Shaggy walked past us, having an argument about something. Then a couple of roller-disco waitresses skated past. That's when my mate remembered it was a fancy dress party.

We felt like complete idiots. We turned up anyway in just our normal gear, with a load of Stella in our arms. Some bloke who answered the door said, "what have you two come as?". We both replied in unison, "students".

Just to round the story off, much later on, about 3am, I was expected to share an 'L' shaped settee with some bloke I'd never met before in my life, so I ended up kipping in my mate's car. It was the night Princess Diana had her car crash, I remember drifting in and out of sleep with the radio on, and when my mate woke me up by tapping on the window in the morning, I thought I'd dreamt it all, until I walked into the house for breakfast and all the girls were sat around blubbering. Surreal end to that party.

Do you have any fancy dress party stories? I'm expecting Angry Dad to deliver in a big way on this one.

2Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really don't like fancy dress parties, it's a common folk thing in my opinion like karaoke and pork scratchings.

About two years ago I went to a fancy dress party where the theme was "Saints & Sinners". I really couldn't be arsed hiring a costume so I basically put on my sluttiest outfit - micro skirt, low cut top, stockings, suspenders, very high heels and borrowed a black cape thingy from a friend, and went as a tarty nun.

Turns out the fancy dress party was being hosted by a vicar, which my friend (who had invited me) had failed to mention. So everyone else was dressed as Jesus, Mother Teresa, Noah, the devil etc. There wasn't even any alcohol to numb the embarrassment of having my tits and fanny on show.

3Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, that must have been awful. Did you have to see the same vicar the next time you took holy confession?

I'm interested to know what a Noah costume would look like and how Noah would distinguish himself from Moses or Job, to avoid people asking him "who have you come as?" all night.

I had a very strange young female work colleague for a few years who absolutely insisted I attended her 21st birthday party. I couldn't avoid it as it was about a mile from my house, she had been round mine a couple of times (she ws a bit of a slapper) and threatened to come and collect me if I didn't attend.

The invitation was a strange document. It was for a fancy dress party for pirates, but roles reversed. ie women dressed as pirates, men dressed as wenches.

Needless to say, I turned up with my mate in just normal gear. It was a big function room in a cricket club. We got there about 90 minutes after the start time. We entered the double doors and my young work colleague ran across the room to meet us at the door, dressed as a pirate, with a garbled explanation about a mix-up in dates, and saying her mother had wanted to invite all her own friends instead of her inviting hers.

We were like, "ok, well happy birthday", went in the room, and there was about 15-20 people there, clearly over 100 had been expected.

I imagine that the ridiculous theme had put a lot of people off, but also the fact that she was a bit of a strange girl. Quite easy to shag though.

4Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 10:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dressed as Sam Allardyce once for a BBQ - it was great and managed to upset at least one of the staff, well I think she was staff from teh way she was dressed.

5Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 11:10

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I once went to a party dressed as a red indian chief and finished up about four in the morning throwing up in the front garden along with a penguin doing the same.

Did anyone see the guy at the Stoke game last season dressed as Owen Coyle who was actually a dead ringer for him - lots of people were having their photo taken with him. His wife was a nun.

6Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 13:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't mind fancy dress parties to be honest, the last one I went to I went as the doll with the weird face from the Saw films, cracking mask too.

I can't be doing with people who get invited to them, go and don't bother dressing up and them start moaning saying ''oh I can't be doing with dressing up''......don't bloody go then.

7Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 13:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I really don't like fancy dress parties, it's a common folk thing in my opinion like karaoke and pork scratchings.

About two years ago I went to a fancy dress party where the theme was "Saints & Sinners". I really couldn't be arsed hiring a costume so I basically put on my sluttiest outfit - micro skirt, low cut top, stockings, suspenders, very high heels and borrowed a black cape thingy from a friend, and went as a tarty nun.

Turns out the fancy dress party was being hosted by a vicar, which my friend (who had invited me) had failed to mention. So everyone else was dressed as Jesus, Mother Teresa, Noah, the devil etc. There wasn't even any alcohol to numb the embarrassment of having my tits and fanny on show.

Isn't that the scene from Mean Girls, except in reverse.

8Fancy dress parties Empty Re: Fancy dress parties Mon Sep 03 2012, 17:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:Have you ever been to a fancy dress party? Who did you go as?

Have you ever done a Del Boy and Rodney (below) and got it all wrong, turning up in fancy dress to a non-fancy dress party, or vice versa?

Fancy dress parties Only-fools-and-horses-del-rodney-batman-robin-tv-serie-wallpapers

I've dressed up in fancy dress three times in my life. Firstly, when I was 4 and my brother was 6, we were dressed as Bill & Ben, the Flower Pot Men by our parents, at a fancy dress contest at Butlins in Skegness. We came third.

About 5-6 years ago I went to my friend's wife's fancy dress 30th birthday party dressed as a monk.

In 2009 my best mate and I went to the Ashes Test at Headingley dressed as convicts, with Ball & Chain and so on. It was amazing how popular we were, everyone wanted to talk to us and chat with us, just because we looked like right idiots.

I do have one fancy dress gone wrong incident though. When I was a student, my mate was seeing this girl from a wealthy family in Alderley Edge, Cheshire. She was hosting a house party and we decided to surprise her by turning up. She wasn't expecting us to come because we were supposed to be revising for exams.

Deciding we wanted to get pissed, we chucked a load of Stella Artois in the back of my mate's car and set off on the 60 mile drive to the party. We stopped about a couple of miles away to have a couple of pints, then completed the journey and parked up on her street.

We got out of the car, and were passed by half a dozen American footballers. We thought this was a bit odd. Then Scooby Doo and Shaggy walked past us, having an argument about something. Then a couple of roller-disco waitresses skated past. That's when my mate remembered it was a fancy dress party.

We felt like complete idiots. We turned up anyway in just our normal gear, with a load of Stella in our arms. Some bloke who answered the door said, "what have you two come as?". We both replied in unison, "students".

Just to round the story off, much later on, about 3am, I was expected to share an 'L' shaped settee with some bloke I'd never met before in my life, so I ended up kipping in my mate's car. It was the night Princess Diana had her car crash, I remember drifting in and out of sleep with the radio on, and when my mate woke me up by tapping on the window in the morning, I thought I'd dreamt it all, until I walked into the house for breakfast and all the girls were sat around blubbering. Surreal end to that party.

Do you have any fancy dress party stories? I'm expecting Angry Dad to deliver in a big way on this one.
Well im going to dissapoint you im afraid LH .The only time i went to one was about three years ago and i was in jeans and leather bomber Jacket I was working taking my boss to it and waiting for her sitting outside in the car. No i am not a chauffer before its suggested. I personally would not go to one not my thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum