Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers: Game against Ipswich set to go ahead on Saturday

+4
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers' Championship game against Ipswich Town on Saturday will go ahead providing adequate staffing numbers are met, reports BBC Radio Manchester.
The region's Safety Advisory Group (SAG) held an emergency meeting at 17:00 BST after it issued a ban on supporters entering the stadium for their next two home games.
It is unclear whether or not Tuesday's match against Middlesbrough has been given the green light, but a further update will be given on Thursday.
Bolton's staff and squad are still waiting for March's wages which were due to be paid on Friday. Players have been on strike since Monday in support of the club's workers who were also not paid on time in February.
Saturday's game against bottom side Ipswich is likely to be a key match in Bolton's battle to avoid relegation. Victory could take Phil Parkinson's team to within two points of safety.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing will come of any of this.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure why you care Hipster, you've never set foot in our stadium anyway  Razz

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I can confirm that Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Ipswich Town and next Tuesday’s game against Middlesbrough will go ahead as scheduled after the Safety Advisory Group lifted the prohibition notice.
I would like to thank all the agencies involved as well as the council for their support in this matter. I would also like to thank Shaun Harvey and the EFL as well as Michael James (Prescott Business Parks) for their support.
The game against Ipswich is our annual community fixture, in conjunction with Bolton At Home and the Bolton Wanderers Community Trust, with tickets priced at just £5.00.
I hope as many supporters as possible take advantage of this offer as we look to fill the stadium to show their support for the club during this crucial phase of the season.
Bolton Central will also be running a special match day offer where supporters can get FREE personalisation on every home shirt purchased. Shirts are priced at just £19.99 so please hurry while stocks last.
We now look forward to two very important home fixtures and we hope that our supporters fully get behind the players.
Tickets for both games can be bought online by visiting eticketing.co.uk/bwfc
I thank you for your patience during this time and I hope you enjoy Saturday’s match.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Not sure why you care Hipster, you've never set foot in our stadium anyway  Razz

I've been loads of times. When you move to Scotland though it does become an afterthought.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I've been loads of times.

He's right, we used to play Coventry all the time.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Storm in a teacup. These games were always going ahead - the media just blew it out of all proportion as usual.

However, if the players have genuinely been refusing to train this week then shame on them. I don’t care what Allardyce says, this lot make a LOT more money than your average mortgage paying Boltonian. If the players don’t care about beating ipswich this weekend then I’d rather we were in League 1 rebuilding with a whole new squad of youngsters. Fuck them.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They were striking in support of the non playing staff Fin, you're right that they are well paid but i thought it was a nice gesture to stand up for the other staff and highlight what a cock Kenocchio is. 
Also missing a few days of training won't hinder them that much at this stage of the season, might even do them good!

Last edited by Norpig on Fri Apr 05 2019, 11:29; edited 1 time in total

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wonder if the strike will affect our performance tomorrow. Maybe with out practicing passing the ball 5 yards they might be able to do it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the first game in recent memory that anything less than a win will feel like a loss.  Especially if it is a loss.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's in doubt again lol the IT server crashed, you can't make it up lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum