Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food for thought!

+9
y2johnny
rammywhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
newbwfc1874
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Food for thought! Empty Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 17:31

newbwfc1874

David Ngog
David Ngog

I think we all know the situation of our beloved Wanderers, and something that has gone on for the last couple of years. I remember living so many fantastic memories at Burden Park, and then our UEFA Cup days at Bayern Munich and more. The players over the years, some unbelievably talented footballers, and megastars.

What does it all come down to now? Administration and possibly liquidation.

When do we say enough is enough? Football is in most of our blood, and this is our club. Although many will stick by the club through thick and thin, we also want to be entertained, and enjoy football as it should be.

I am writing this with a serious head, some will shoot me down, but its time to act, and we need to take BWFC forward.

I've had various conversations in anticipation of what may come, and have the paperwork waiting to place with the Lancashire FA. I have also ear-marked potential grounds to ground share.

Let us fans take control of our beloved Bolton, under a different name. Various clubs have done the same, some successfully, and some like FC United who have recently been relegated, but the fans are all part of the club.

A fan owned club is a great way to give the fans hope, and something to look forward to. Watching great football, whilst paying so much less then these greedy owners make us pay. I would love to hear your thoughts as I know plenty of fans who are a little like me, tired of all this carrying on, and making a mockery of our club.

We might have a new name, but will still be part of the BWFC history as we know it.

Thoughts?

2Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 17:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Bassini, enough, please. Pull yourself together man.

3Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 17:41

newbwfc1874

David Ngog
David Ngog

Just that name should never be mentioned on a forum like this!  Absolute clown of a man!

4Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 17:41

newbwfc1874

David Ngog
David Ngog

This is what this post was about, to get fans opinions. With Bolton being one of the founder members many, many years ago we have such a rich history. That will always be with every single one of us, no matter what age.

I don't think any Bolton fan would ever want the club to fold, if they do they ain't a real/proper fan. The purpose of this was to play devils advocate and see what fans would want to see should the worse case scenario plays out. I'm sure we would all want a club to support, but a phoenix type club could run alongside. What I would hate to happen is no Bolton next season, that would be heart-breaking, but with all this going on, I think some happy news for once could be what the doctor ordered.

The club alongside could even eventually play out to be a feeder should BWFC continue making history, then on away games, for those who don't travel away can support their second BWFC team. We hope a new BWFC will never become the fans number one club, but it would be there should the worse happen.

5Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I support Chorley.

6Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 18:03

newbwfc1874

David Ngog
David Ngog

Chorley are in the play off finals!  Brilliant news, but I'm sure can appreciate the fun of non league football, and trying to work up?

7Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 18:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

newbwfc1874 wrote:Chorley are in the play off finals!  Brilliant news, but I'm sure can appreciate the fun of non league football, and trying to work up?

The point is I would have no affiliation with a new club. Just because it had the word "Bolton" in it doesn't make it Bolton Wanderers.

I have no interest in a new "Bolton".

8Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 22:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It just wouldn't be the same

9Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Wed May 08 2019, 22:47

Buellix

Buellix
David Ngog
David Ngog

Nope, no Wanderers no football

10Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Thu May 09 2019, 00:31

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Other than the Whites, I've had no affiliation with Bolton since 1990 so I can't honestly convince myself that I'd start following a new Bolton should the worst happen. I'll be a Wanderer for as long as I live or BWFC survive but I'll never love another the same way. If we cease to exist (which won't happen), I'm out.

11Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Thu May 09 2019, 08:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the worst did happen then yes i would support a new Bolton team in non-league. I'm Bolton born and bred so it's in my blood. Not sure about having a new club running alongside the existing club though.

12Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Thu May 09 2019, 19:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If a successor club to the Wanderers should happen, in other words our worst nightmare comes to pass, then I'll be there supporting them. This club is in my DNA and nothing will eradicate it

13Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 08:52

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ill just stick with the rugby i reckon.

Even taking bolton out of the equation, football has gone to shit.

Seriously, if anyone ever wants to come and watch salford red devils let me know.  Standing on a terrace, beer in the stands, hardly ever any trouble.  Plus the 3.5k crowds make 10x more noise than any footy ground.

With all the clubs around us why set up another team.  Just go support RMI or someone

14Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 10:16

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Ill just stick with the rugby i reckon.

Seriously, if anyone ever wants to come and watch salford red devils let me know.  Standing on a terrace, beer in the stands, hardly ever any trouble.  Plus the 3.5k crowds make 10x more noise than any footy ground.

With all the clubs around us why set up another team.  Just go support RMI or someone

I'd come with you Y2J- but I just can't get my head around the rules. They seem much more complicated than football.

15Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 11:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate rugby. Stop, start, stop, start. The game rarely flows.

16Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 13:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Actually. that's very similar to Bolton's form over the last year or so, but more stops than starts.

17Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 14:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Have it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 14:50

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Only Problem It's come from the Sun, that's probably the same as Boggers ITK !!!!

19Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 15:16

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I hate rugby. Stop, start, stop, start. The game rarely flows.
Less stop start than football. Especially with all the amateur dramatics going on

20Food for thought! Empty Re: Food for thought! Fri May 10 2019, 15:17

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:

I'd come with you Y2J- but I just can't get my head around the rules. They seem much more complicated than football.
I still don't fully understand them now. Im getting better but it's the passion and the atmosphere that makes it worthwhile. Anytime you fancy it Rammy Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum