Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Season Review

+3
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
UbiFides
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton Season Review Empty Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 15:41

UbiFides

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi all,

Tranmere fan here in peace.

As newly minted league members, I'm looking to put together a fan-sourced and fan-made division wide round-up and was hoping I could find one or two of you willing to write something in the following format for Bolton:

**Club Name**
Manager (or likely candidates)
Tenure (of current manager if applicable)
Ownership Situation: (appreciate this may run long for some in the division)
Main Fan Forum:

Star Player:
Underappreciated Gem: 
Top Prospect: 
Potential 19/20 Breakout Year: 
Fan Scapegoat:
Waste of Space: 
Dream Transfer Target:

18/19 Season Review: (< 200 words)
Tactical Overview: (< 200 words)
Plans & Priorities for Preseason: (< 200 words)

Part One is on the Ubi Fides site if you want to get an example of the sort of thing teams have written so far.

If people are interested I'll post the part of the round-up with Bolton here once I've got a contributor.

Ta lads.

2Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 15:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UbiFides wrote:Ta lads.

:banned:

3Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 15:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's your review, the entire season was a shitshow from start to finish and the worst on record. Pretty concise i think  Very Happy
As for the rest you would need a crystal ball!

4Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 15:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UbiFides wrote:18/19 Season Review: (< 200 words)

That's sluffy out.

5Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 15:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That's sluffy out.
:rofl:

6Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 15:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That's sluffy out.
 18/19 season review  -  ::seething:: 

Tactical overview - i finished the season with a crick in my neck from watching the sky too much

preseason plans - currently looking to enter a five a side tournament as long as no one else leaves.

7Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 16:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

UbiFides wrote:Hi all,

Tranmere fan here in peace.

As newly minted league members, I'm looking to put together a fan-sourced and fan-made division wide round-up and was hoping I could find one or two of you willing to write something in the following format for Bolton:

Ta lads.

Hi and welcome.

You've obviously not been following us closely last season because it was probably the worst in our 150 year history, lurching from financial winding up petitions on a seemingly daily basis, and a player strike in pre-season and another at the end of the season - the first game not to start in the history of English league football because of a strike!

If that's not enough we've had an owner who had previously been banned from being a director for 8 years previously, our patron and the man who put over £200m of his personal wealth in the club died suddenly, and the local newspaper reporter seemingly lead a personal crusade against the club owner on twitter and stirring up lynch mob hatred amongst the supporters - which ultimately and quite rightly getting him banned from the club press box (as a professional journalist no matter what he thinks or knows he should be reporting and behaving in a proper manner and not with a clear personal agenda).

His banning was probably the point at which everything turned toxic, with club legend John McGinlay speaking out and getting banned, a well supported public protest outside the club deliberately coinciding with the cameras there to show a life game, and apparent threats of violence now being made to the owner and his family causing the police to advise he no longer attended the ground and turning him into an absent owner.

Things on the pitch were grim with a manager who would have been potted under any other circumstances for his turgid and life sapping defensive set ups and negative football - leading to a season record of 30 defeats.  It's fair to say that many of the fans now hated the manager as much as the owner - but no one seemed to have any money to terminate his contract, resulting in him still being here.

If that isn't enough we eventually fell into the inevitable Administration following a bizarre attempt from a former 'dodgy' owner of Watford trying to buy the club without knowing what the debts were or have any proof of money of his own???

As it stands at the moment we only have six first team players under contract BUT they still aren't being paid and could give notice and quit at anytime.

The hated manager is still here (I must point out though that he is well liked and respected as a person who has handled himself well and with dignity the whole time - even though he and his staff haven't been paid for months either!), and many fans are refusing to renew their season tickets whilst he is still at the helm.

Chuck into the pot that we already have a 12 point penalty for going into Administration, are in theory at least under a two year transfer embargo, and the Administrator is seeking proof of funds from those wanting to buy this car crash of our club £25m, just to be able to move out of Administration - the season kicking off in just 42 days or something and nothing and no one knowing who will own us, who will manage us, what players we have, how many bodies we need to sign, nor even who will provide the team shirts?

Oh nearly forgot - and thanks to our gutless players who refused to stand on a pitch for 90 minutes we also have an unspecified penalty from the EFL to come for not playing a game - so we will suffer a further points deduction and/or cash fine - both of which will fall on players and owner in no way associated with those who struck, who they themselves will gaily be kicking a ball about at some other club (fully paid up by the way) whilst the club and its fans suffer because of their self-centredness. 

It's just a joke really but unfortunately it has manifested itself in staff at the club having to attend foodbanks to feed their family's.

That can't be right can it?

Sorry I don't think people don't wish to fill in your questionnaire, its just that we simply don't know the answers to much of what you are asking us!

Was that less than 200 words - anybody been counting!

Very Happy

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Jun 11 2019, 16:37; edited 1 time in total

8Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 16:34

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Star player -  think we've got 6 players left on the books that aren't boys in the youth set up.  2 keepers, two midfield ball winners and Magennis and Oztumer.

I'd go for Oztumer even though the manager doesn't rate him and hardly ever picks him.He scored 15  a season for Walsall including one against Bolton

9Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 17:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Main fan forum: wanderers ways 😂

10Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 17:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Main fan forum: wanderers ways 😂

Top 10 posters this week 

BTID - nope

Top 10 posters this month

BTID - nope

Top 10 posters ever

BTID - nope

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You were saying?

11Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 18:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was surprised you didn’t put my jokey response.

12Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 18:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hey what about lost active topic starters, that’s the most important one.

13Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 19:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What happened to burnden aces btw.

14Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 19:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What happened to burnden aces btw.

After we set Nuts up and most/all the decent posters left them for here, the site became unmodded and became infested with fake and abusive accounts plus the odds and sods who for reasons known only to them - I'd long forgotten whatever petty meaningless internet issues/rage they had with me.

After a year or two, even the owner had enough and closed down the forum.

The site still exists, it basically takes news stories from the internet collating company 'News Now' which groups together hourly Bolton stories from various places breaking on the internet (they do it for all clubs not just BWFC).

The site owner the changes the story slightly and puts it up as his, which brings 'clicks' to the site and thus attracts advertisement payments (the Lion of Vienna operates in much the same way except they do provide original views and content as well).

BA's owner used to be very friendly with Bonnar and Iles and I think there is some form of unofficial tie in between then - particularly with access to match facts and stats.

I can't personally see why he keeps it going as it is - maybe he gets more from the ads than I thought, which certainly wasn't a kings ransom.

That's his business though.

For the record, after Natasha, myself and another started Nuts, you were the first one I asked to come and join us to help run the site - I've always had a high regard for you.

Of course you turned me down.

I don't think any the less of you though and am very pleased you've found your way back here recently after a bit of a break from us.

Always good to have a former Bolton Banter, Funniest Poster of the Year poster in our ranks!

15Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 21:17

UbiFides

David Ngog
David Ngog

Jesus, I misunderstood how dire the situation was. Just assumed the points deduction and admin would take care of the financial issues and you'd be popping back up like Bury always do. There's plenty enough informative stuff in your post Sluffy for me to reformat into a section if it's alright with you, and obviously I'll point to this place as the main forum given whats happened to the old one.

16Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Tue Jun 11 2019, 22:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

UbiFides wrote:Jesus, I misunderstood how dire the situation was. Just assumed the points deduction and admin would take care of the financial issues and you'd be popping back up like Bury always do. There's plenty enough informative stuff in your post Sluffy for me to reformat into a section if it's alright with you, and obviously I'll point to this place as the main forum given whats happened to the old one.

Yeah go for it mate.

No doubt we'll bounce back and look on the bright side of life (somebody should write a song about that!) and thanks for the name check when you do.

As long as we don't go down and do the double over Bury and yourselves we can count it as a great season for us!

Give our love to John Aldridge!

In all seriousness though, good to see you doing well and all the best for the season (be gentle with us if we play you early on!).

17Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Wed Jun 12 2019, 06:03

UbiFides

David Ngog
David Ngog

I suspect Sluffy's passionate excoriation of the current situation will prove to be several Rovers reader's favourite of the whole lot, but my thanks to all of you for being so magnanimous with me in what must be a trying time.

I've put Bolton in the tail of the Second Part of the round up which went up this morning on Ubi Fides. (I don't have permissions to link directly here)
And my apologies Natasha, for my lazy language faux pas!  :facepalm:

18Bolton Season Review Empty Re: Bolton Season Review Wed Jun 12 2019, 10:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

UbiFides wrote:I suspect Sluffy's passionate excoriation of the current situation will prove to be several Rovers reader's favourite of the whole lot, but my thanks to all of you for being so magnanimous with me in what must be a trying time.

I've put Bolton in the tail of the Second Part of the round up which went up this morning on Ubi Fides. (I don't have permissions to link directly here)
And my apologies Natasha, for my lazy language faux pas!  :facepalm:

Anytime pal, football brotherhood (sorry Natasha sisterhood, or would siblinghood be better?) and all that.

It wouldn't have been a problem putting your link up - but respect to you not doing so without asking first.

I've found it anyway -

(Don't remember answering the first part of my reply - but I saw one very, very similar on another 'Wanderers' forum!  No worries though).

You've done a really good job on getting fans from other clubs to reply and you've done fantastically well in presenting them too - so much so that I've put up a link to your first (of four) section as well (and will probably add links to three and four when you complete them - if I remember that is!).

Well done again mate!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum