Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

York 1-0 Bolton

+12
terenceanne
gloswhite
Cajunboy
sunlight
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
bryan458
Growler
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 11:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

First team would have lost 4-0....so good effort by the young lads.  Shocked

22York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 12:09

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:We've been saying for a long time that we'd like the youngsters to have an opportunity to show what they have. This was an ideal opportunity, and by all accounts, was worth it. 
Losing to a team in tier 6 is garbage though, isn't it? It doesn't exactly fill folk with confidence that our youths are good enough to get results in the 3rd tier

23York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 12:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a team full of kids playing a much older and more experienced non league side, i'm not reading too much into it other than it would do them good playing against a more physical team.

24York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 12:30

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Growler wrote:
gloswhite wrote:We've been saying for a long time that we'd like the youngsters to have an opportunity to show what they have. This was an ideal opportunity, and by all accounts, was worth it. 
Losing to a team in tier 6 is garbage though, isn't it? It doesn't exactly fill folk with confidence that our youths are good enough to get results in the 3rd tier

Judging them on this game seems pretty unfair. When have you ever heard of an entire team of kids thrown in without any experienced players alongside them? You barely even see any youth players coming through these days never mind an entire team made up of them.

I'm dreading to see how we line up for our first league game but let's hope that a handful of these lads did well enough to be considered worthy first team starters in League 1. It's undoubtedly the only real way forward for us given our financial plight.

Good luck to them and finger's cross we've found a gem or two who will go on to be fan favourites.

25York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 13:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I completely agree with you Fin.

26York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 13:35

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's frightening how slow the whole process is going. We are nowhere near ready for the start of the season. FV do not fill me with hope one bit.

27York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

welcome back LT  Very Happy

I do agree, it is all dragging on now, the whole issue with the Hotel is slowing down everything and the team for the first match at Wycombe will be interesting to say the least!

28York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 13:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And what's going on with season tickets?

29York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 14:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No idea boncey, i'm on the direct debit so it should be easy enough to restart from their end but will they have time to get them printed and delivered?

30York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 14:36

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:No idea boncey, i'm on the direct debit so it should be easy enough to restart from their end but will they have time to get them printed and delivered?
I would have thought they would already be printed, and they have just under 4 weeks until the first home game so shouldn't be too many problems.

31York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 14:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Norpig wrote:No idea boncey, i'm on the direct debit so it should be easy enough to restart from their end but will they have time to get them printed and delivered?
I would have thought they would already be printed, and they have just under 4 weeks until the first home game so shouldn't be too many problems.
Can they afford the postage? Shocked

32York 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: York 1-0 Bolton Mon Jul 15 2019, 14:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Can they afford the postage? Shocked
Bassini has promised to hand deliver them all in person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum