Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill says club has been 'stale' for a long time

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill maintains he did not feel unduly pressured to chalk up Wanderers’ opening win of the season.

The Whites are up and running after a 2-0 victory at Bristol Rovers, their first since March.

But while his squad may be relieved to have avoided the longest winless run at the start of a campaign since 1902, the manager says his planning to improve the club in the longer-term will not deviate.

“It may potentially (be a relief) for the players but for me I saw that game as almost a free hit,” he said after Tuesday night’s game.

“It’s not as though I am taking on a job where there has been a winning culture and a winning environment, or that I am going in because they have gone a little bit stale.

“It has been stale for a long time. The dynamics of the football club have been off.

“We are trying to change that. The work we are doing behind the scenes, and that the new consortium, Emma (Beaugeard) in particular, are doing – the supporters only see 90 minutes and it’s cruel sometimes in the football world.

“We didn’t know when the win was coming. We planned with respect to opponents and knowing what we needed to do, we’ve had good performances and barring the Rotherham game I think we’ve kept first-half clean sheets in every game we’ve played. That’s a great platform.

“I was talking during the week of having the platform of Jack Hobbs, Jake Wright, Liam Bridcutt taken away – and that could have destroyed us.

“But the pressure is on the rest of the league, not on us.”

Hill was especially pleased for the Wanderers fans who had stood by their club during the darkest days in their recent history.

“We will eventually become a strong unit over a period of time but that result was for the supporters,” he said. “They have been magnificent. I know they were a bit down on Saturday after losing but I was philosophical, I bounced on Sunday and Monday, really up for it. I assessed and evaluated the performance I was pleased.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum