Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 24]

451General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:06 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll miss Dennis.

452General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:22 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This pretty much sums up how I feel about Corbyn:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50831524

453General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:05 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:This pretty much sums up how I feel about Corbyn:

What's he supposed to do? They asked him for a selfie. If he'd refused you can bet your bottom dollar he'd have been accused of snubbing them.

454General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:41 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:This pretty much sums up how I feel about Corbyn:

What's he supposed to do? They asked him for a selfie. If he'd refused you can bet your bottom dollar he'd have been accused of snubbing them.

It's not about the selfies. It's about his refusal to admit his personal responsibility for the disastrous election result. Far more Labour voters defected because of their dislike of Corbyn and his fantasy manifesto than because of brexit. Labour lost twice as many voters to remain supporting parties as it lost to the Tories and Brexit parties combined.

Given the loss of Scotland to the SNP, Labour need to win back the middle ground if they are ever going to be back in government. Corbyn, McCluskey, Milne and Murphy simply won't accept this and instead are obsessed with winning the brexit voters back. This despite Labour voters being overwhelmingly remain supporters. Having a Corbynista stooge as Corbyn's suiccessor is just going to leave the Tories in power.

455General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:22 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just heard Sir Keir may have thrown his hat in the ring - too early.?

Doubt Militant aka “Momentum” will allow him to take over until they finally accept political reality.

456General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:25 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Effing iPad.  
Just in case you didn’t get that, I just heard that Sir Keir......

457General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:35 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just seen the new Labour MP for Ilford South, Sam Tarry, criticising Tony Blair.

"It's very easy for Blair to come out with these simplistic sort of problems. It's under his regime that we really began to break down the trust in the electorate."

So apparently it's the fault of someone who stepped down in June 2007 not Corbyn. Rolling Eyes

458General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:52 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m surprised Diane Abacus hasn’t put her hat in the ring considering how confident she is in the public eye! Laughing

459General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

460General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She fucking was meddling in politics just recently!

461General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:09 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The unvarnished truth at last:

Hilarious and so true!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7p5h37

462General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
She fucking was meddling in politics just recently!

You clearly don't understand how the legal system works in this country.

463General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:The unvarnished truth at last:

Hilarious and so true!

Still waiting for your apology.

464General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My apology? For what? I'm always lovely to you. I think you're mixing me up with someone else. Don't worry....these things happen as you get older, Nat.

One thing I do have to apologise for is the way the writing in the video I sent has turned out in mirror form.....and I have absolutely no idea why that has happened....

465General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Incredibly disappointing last week, that goes without saying. It looks like the combination of Corbyn and Brexit has hit hard and it’s time for a change in leadership. Not sure who I’ll vote for at the moment, whoever it ends up needs to reconnect with ‘traditional’ Labour’s voters and those on the centre, while retaining the support of the younger/momentum generation.

Either way, no rush it’s time for a period of introspection to make sure we get the next choice and direction of the party right.

466General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:My apology? For what? I'm always lovely to you. I think you're mixing me up with someone else. Don't worry....these things happen as you get older, Nat.

I don't age.

You owe me an apology for your generalisation of Tory voters. I expect it from xmiles but I thought better of you.

For the record, my local Tory MP is a top guy and has done a lot for the area and the people. I was voting for him, not Boris.

467General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:16 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, I'm not at all sure where I generalised. Can you quote something I wrote that's a generalisation about Tories?

I abstained in 2016 as I felt I hadn't been given enough actual facts on which to make an informed  decision, especially as all the "experts" were at odds with each other.

And last week, after listening to Attenborough's wise words and Caroiline Lucas' brilliant speech on TV about the planet just before polling day, I decided I wanted to vote green. The other issues are as nothing if we don't have a world left to inhabit. Did you see the amazing increased majority Ms Lucas got in Brighton Pavilion? Best orator by a mile.

I have been extremely critical of Boris on here, because I object to being lied to. Don't think I have generalised about the rest of the cabinet, except to say that they are simply parrots for Johnson's slogans.
I need to be able to vote for people of integrity and competence. I see none in any of the main parties

468General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:19 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

okocha wrote:The unvarnished truth at last:

Hilarious and so true!

He needs to get a spacer between his eyes.

469General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:54 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The usual level playing field:

The Electoral Commission has released the figures for the total donations given to each party during the election campaign (barring the last two days, 11 and 12 December).

The Conservatives received more than all other parties combined.

Total donations

Conservative and Unionist Party: £17,978,611

Labour Party: £5,411,296

Brexit Party: £4,100,000

Liberal Democrats: £1,245,998

Green Party: £242,477

470General Election - Page 24 Empty Re: General Election Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:20 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mr Johnson's Withdrawal Agreement Bill has been significantly altered since the Conservatives' election win. :- stripped out protections for workers' rights and watered down commitments on unaccompanied refugee children - as well as the ban on extending the post-Brexit transition period.

Completely missing:  any mention of social care, the most important issue of our time, without which the NHS is stymied

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum