Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sammy Lee to return to Bolton!? - NIXON

+2
jayjay23
Sluffy
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sammy Lee to return to Bolton!? - NIXON Empty Sammy Lee to return to Bolton!? - NIXON Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:59 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sammy LEE is ready to make a surprise return to Bolton as their youth team coach – his FOURTH job at the club.

Lee, 52, left the manager’s post at the Reebok after a rocky run of results in 2007, when he stepped up from being Sam Allardyce’s sidekick and tried to be a No.1 in his own right.

But the popular Scouser – out of work since being squeezed by Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool last summer – is now in talks about going back to Wanderers to nurture their next crop of talent.

The Trotters have no axe to grind with Lee and think his vast experience – including a spell with the England set-up – will fit in with their long-term plan to develop home-grown players.

Lee finished his playing career at Bolton before he joined Big Sam’s coaching staff and moved up the ladder.

Wanderers have some top youngsters in their ranks and want Lee to bring them through for first-team action.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sammy Lee is cool. Le him help OC.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't have a problem with Lee being the youth team coach. He has a wealth of experience.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A shrewd signing in my opinion, he will be very good for our youngsters and will no doubt help with their development.

Sammy Lee's super young army! Very Happy

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Please no!

His reign as manager was a complete disaster. Why would we want him back?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By all accounts he was a decent coach and trainer but it just didn't work out for him as a manager.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Gary Megson owes a lot to Sammy Lee.

The job he did was that bad that whoever came in to replace him was always going to seem like the next best thing to Mourinho. Hence, I come out in a nasty rash when I hear it suggested that Bolton fans should be grateful to Gary Megson for keeping them up that year. Lee inherited a squad that was top 10 material and through criminal tactical naivety had us on 5 points after 10 games.

That said, many people see him as a top coach. I can't see him being on the coaching staff doing harm.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was quite surprised Liverpool didn't keep him on when Kenny took over, you would have thought a back room team of Clarke and Lee would have been pretty good.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The Bolton News has confirmed it: -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum