Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racism in football grounds

+2
boltonbonce
Norpig
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Racism in football grounds Empty Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 14:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After the disgraceful monkey chants aimed at Rudiger yesterday and at the Manchester derby the other week, it's time something was done to sort this out once and for all.

Has anyone on here come across it watching Wanderers? In all the years i've been going i don't remember hearing any racist remarks aimed at players but i'd like to think that if i did, then i would call that person out for it and report them to the stewards.
That must be the starting point for this surely? Chris Wilder said as much today and i think he is 100% spot on.

If the authorities don't get a grip of this soon then players will take this into their own hands and walk off and who can blame them?

It's shameful that this is still going on in this day and age, we are quick to have a go at Italy and Bulgaria when it happens there but it still happens here.

2Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 16:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad that it's still going on, both inside the grounds, and in society generally.
The Rudiger incident started after his ridiculous reaction to Son's kick out, which barely touched him. His reaction helped get the Spurs player sent off, but that seems to be the done thing these days. Son was in the wrong, but for God's sake, let's get things in perspective.
Can you imagine Stuart Pierce going down in that situation?
Whatever, it's no excuse for vile racism, and bottle throwing from the stands.
Hatred from the stands is endemic. Ask any referee, linesman, ginger haired winger or podgy centre forward. It's no longer banter.
However, there are exceptions. For an instance, look at Barry Knight, a complete shitehawk, and a man not fit to be considered a member of the human race. This bald headed git frequently swims in and out of my dreams on many a night, leaving me drenched in sweat and fearful for the day ahead.
I'm a civilised man, but his face won't leave my memory banks.
And if my dog had a face like his, I'd paint its arse and teach it to walk backwards.
I'm sure I can forgive, given time.

3Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 17:33

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Sad that it's still going on, both inside the grounds, and in society generally.
The Rudiger incident started after his ridiculous reaction to Son's kick out, which barely touched him. His reaction helped get the Spurs player sent off, but that seems to be the done thing these days. Son was in the wrong, but for God's sake, let's get things in perspective.
Can you imagine Stuart Pierce going down in that situation?
Whatever, it's no excuse for vile racism, and bottle throwing from the stands.
Hatred from the stands is endemic. Ask any referee, linesman, ginger haired winger or podgy centre forward. It's no longer banter.
However, there are exceptions. For an instance, look at Barry Knight, a complete shitehawk, and a man not fit to be considered a member of the human race. This bald headed git frequently swims in and out of my dreams on many a night, leaving me drenched in sweat and fearful for the day ahead.
I'm a civilised man, but his face won't leave my memory banks.
And if my dog had a face like his, I'd paint its arse and teach it to walk backwards.
I'm sure I can forgive, given time.
I can't.

4Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 17:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hey Boncey.

A bit of Atkinson Grimshaw will make you feel better.

5Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 18:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Hey Boncey.

A bit of Atkinson Grimshaw will make you feel better.
Yes. I can imagine myself strolling through this landscape.

Racism in football grounds Moonlight-After-Rain

6Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 18:11

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Will your knee allow you to do a bit of strolling now?

7Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Mon Dec 23 2019, 19:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Will your knee allow you to do a bit of strolling now?
I'll be having a fitness test before the next match. Nothing too strenuous. Very Happy

8Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Tue Dec 24 2019, 13:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This has been going on for 50 years at least in football.
If you look at football in the 60's there were very few black players.....then as more came into the league during the 70's you would get the same chants you hear now. And this was at BWFC and everywhere else. Same when the first foreign players started to come in. But at the time nobody thought much about it.
Nowt is new I can assure you.

9Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Tue Dec 24 2019, 14:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Times have changed though Terence or they are supposed to have had at least. It wasn't right then and it is not right now. 
How cans fans abuse black or other minority players on the opposition team then heap praise on their own teams players?

I can honestly say i don't remember hearing any racist chants from our fans (not saying there hasn't been any just not heard myself) in over 30 years of watching the Wanderers.

I'm just interested to know why it seems to be creeping back into our game and wider society? Is it down to the increased immigration and Brexit or some other reason?

10Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Tue Dec 24 2019, 15:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember an old granny in the paddock at Burnden shouting 'Get back on the jam jar' at one black opposition player.
And she looked such a nice old dear.

11Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Tue Dec 24 2019, 15:36

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Times have changed though Terence or they are supposed to have had at least. It wasn't right then and it is not right now. 
How cans fans abuse black or other minority players on the opposition team then heap praise on their own teams players?

I can honestly say i don't remember hearing any racist chants from our fans (not saying there hasn't been any just not heard myself) in over 30 years of watching the Wanderers.

I'm just interested to know why it seems to be creeping back into our game and wider society? Is it down to the increased immigration and Brexit or some other reason?
Sadly I think it is a flaw in some people's personality that will never be eradicated.

12Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Tue Dec 24 2019, 18:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In real life things are much better nowadays - its the media that blows things all out of control for every little event. So the idiot the other day with the monkey slur knows he will become overnight famous - sort of.
Then so-called pundits are calling for entire stadiums to be closed down because of one idiot. So the pundit can puff out his chest and say look at me I'm not racist.

I'm for stopping the whole rest of the season - how's that.

13Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Thu Dec 26 2019, 06:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was a CYL chant that involved eating dogs and over the years there have been plenty of racist chants coming from the BWFC crowd.

14Racism in football grounds Empty Re: Racism in football grounds Thu Dec 26 2019, 12:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

On the tube to a match overheard some lads talking one said how many spear chuckers in their team today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum