Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Album of the Year 2019

+3
Norpig
Cajunboy
doffcocker
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Album of the Year 2019 Empty Album of the Year 2019 Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:22 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has anybody listened to any albums that came out this year and think they are candidates for album of the year?

For me it has to be Norman Fucking Rockwell by Lana Del Rey, who admittedly I was already a fan of when it came out.

2Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

3Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:50 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I might be 71, but I'm also a big fan of Lana Del Rey.

I've got all her albums since she first appeared  on Youtube with Video Games.

The only artist of today that I really follow.

I just love her total sound  and  sheer magic.

4Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:25 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

loads of great new albums this year i've listened to

Fontaines DC
The Murder Capital
Pom Poko
Pumarosa
W.H Lung
Black Midi
William Doyle

5Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:00 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:loads of great new albums this year i've listened to

Fontaines DC
The Murder Capital
Pom Poko
Pumarosa
W.H Lung
Black Midi
William Doyle

Showing my age now Norpig - I have never heard of any of them. In fact you could have made up the names and I wouldn't know.

6Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Fontaines DC
The Murder Capital
Pom Poko
Pumarosa
W.H Lung
Black Midi
William Doyle

Showing my age now Norpig - I have never heard of any of them. In fact you could have made up the names and I wouldn't know.
Christ, I'm still listening to Steeleye Span. Norpig's list is a closed book to me. I'll check them out though, in case I'm missing something.

7Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

W.H Lung

W.H Lung? They are the Chinese grocers we go to on Upper Brook Street! Very Happy

8Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:13 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Fontaines DC
The Murder Capital
Pom Poko
Pumarosa
W.H Lung
Black Midi
William Doyle

Christ, I'm still listening to Steeleye Span. Norpig's list is a closed book to me. I'll check them out though, in case I'm missing something.

Even I haven't heard of any of these. Laughing

9Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:23 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
W.H Lung

W.H Lung? They are the Chinese grocers we go to on Upper Brook Street! Very Happy
 They are named after them KP, crap name but great band  Very Happy

10Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:54 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
W.H Lung

Just listened to an album. Incidental Music. Not bad.

They have echoes of very early Genesis.

11Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:50 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:
W.H Lung

Just listened to an album. Incidental Music. Not bad.

They have echoes of very early Genesis.

I have to say that I thought that Mr. Pig was pulling my chain at first until I read an article in the Guardian.

I have to say that the name has a bit of a ring to it. Much better than calling themselves ASDA or similar! Very Happy

12Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would i lie to you KP?  Very Happy

13Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:08 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Would i lie to you KP?  Very Happy

I don't think you would to be fair mate. Very Happy

I will be quite surprised if they don't have a picture of a dragon on their T-shirts when doing a gig!

14Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went to see them a few weeks ago and they were great, don't think he had a dragon on his t-shirt to be honest  Very Happy

15Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:26 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:I might be 71, but I'm also a big fan of Lana Del Rey.

I've got all her albums since she first appeared  on Youtube with Video Games.

The only artist of today that I really follow.

I just love her total sound  and  sheer magic.

Hi Cajun.

I'm really pleased to read this from somebody who's been around for a bit, and I couldn't agree more.

16Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:30 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig, it seems like you know your music. Fontaines DC was on my old man's (Hip Priest) christmas list so I will be giving that one a listen.

I get the feeling you might also be a fan of Kurt Ville? This one came out last year admittedly.

17Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2019 wasn't a great year for UK hip-hop, despite Dave winning the Mercury Prize.

So I'm going to surprise you all and say my favourite album of 2019 was "Sugar & Joy" by The Dead South, a Canadian folk/country group.

18Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:43 pm

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Fontaines DC
The Murder Capital
Pom Poko
Pumarosa
W.H Lung
Black Midi
William Doyle

Even I haven't heard of any of these. Laughing

Hate to break it to you KP but you’re not exactly cutting edge.

19Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:2019 wasn't a great year for UK hip-hop, despite Dave winning the Mercury Prize.

So I'm going to surprise you all and say my favourite album of 2019 was "Sugar & Joy" by The Dead South, a Canadian folk/country group.

I like Dave, his tiny desk set is worth a listen if you haven’t heard it:

https://youtu.be/s_TgmrNNHXA

Best Hip Hop album of 2019 is Bandana for me though:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAk6h4n-dS1VtUl1HGJhna8HN7NYrwGY

20Album of the Year 2019 Empty Re: Album of the Year 2019 Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Norpig, it seems like you know your music. Fontaines DC was on my old man's (Hip Priest) christmas list so I will be giving that one a listen.

I get the feeling you might also be a fan of Kurt Ville? This one came out last year admittedly.

got the album he did with Courtney Barnett in 2018 but nothing else of his to be honest

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum