Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton loanee Anthony Georgiou waiting for sign off from Tottenham

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anthony Georgiou is waiting on one final 'sign off' before linking up with the Wanderers squad from Spurs.

The winger picked up a minor injury earlier this month so has had to wait for his parent club to give the all-clear for him to travel to Bolton.

But after meeting with Keith Hill and his new team-mates at MK Dons at the weekend, Georgiou should be in place later this week.

“He has to go through the format that Tottenham want," Hill said. "He was at the game on Saturday and we spoke to him and he’s pushing to come up before he possibly should, but we don’t want to be in the situation where he breaks down.

“We are encouraged by his enthusiasm but we want to get him at the right time where he can sustain training and playing.

“At this moment in time there’s one box that needs ticking off by Tottenham."

Hill also said the signing had been 'risk free' despite the injury.

The Bolton boss confirmed that Georgiou’s arrival did not take the club up to their embargo quota.

He said: “We have got one slot left, if I am being honest. But it was a no-risk signing from our financial perspective and from Tottenham’s perspective.

“We had done our business and this one just fell in perfectly for us. There shouldn’t be any criticism of ‘you’ve signed a player injured’. We knew what we were getting into. There’s no consequence and it could be a pleasant surprise.

“We know the player and he wants to be here. That is 100 per cent guaranteed.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When will he actually be ready to play though? Seems a bit pointless signing him in my opinion, we should be using our own youngsters more and getting them ready for next season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:

The Bolton boss confirmed that Georgiou’s arrival did not take the club up to their embargo quota.

He said: “We have got one slot left, if I am being honest. But it was a no-risk signing from our financial perspective and from Tottenham’s perspective.

We had done our business and this one just fell in perfectly for us.

Seems very odd to me this?

How often has Hill banged on about not having enough bodies, playing players who needed to be rested, or wasn't good enough to be in the team - yet he didn't even fill his squad out when he could have done - at least one place short and two if you read the above that the Spurs player wasn't really an intended target at all?  Maybe Darcy was pencilled in for one slot but that still meant we had intended to go with one gap left - why?

It's noticeable that he also stressed that it was a no risk 'financial' signing - sounds very much to me that FV simply hasn't got the money to run a full squad and/or decided the season was already a write off and relegation was inevitable.

I can't see any point giving the Spurs player game time if he's not going to join us next season - what's the point really?

What is going on at the club?

Can't wait for Marc Iles long awaited interview with them to find out!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
I can't see any point giving the Spurs player game time if he's not going to join us next season - what's the point really?

The point is to win a few games. If we lose every game until May confidence will be at an all time low.

Win a few, maybe catch Southend, and things will look more positive for next season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

The point is to win a few games. If we lose every game until May confidence will be at an all time low.

Win a few, maybe catch Southend, and things will look more positive for next season.

Normally I would probably agree with you normally but all bar Delaney, Brockbank, Faal, Edwards, and Politic of the current squad will be out of contract at the end of the season - and four of these can't even get in the poor side we have now!

All the loanees I think are still under contract to their own clubs, so unlikely we will sign them unless they are given a free transfer and we can pay them what they are currently on for the last year of their contracts and any 'better' players we have will probably be picked up by better/richer teams than we currently are.

It appears to me that many in the team have already given up and there seems no fight in them once they go behind.

It seems to me we virtually start from scratch next season, so what's the point in investing in anything for the rest of the season other to give the few who will be here next year a bit of experience together in the first team?

A few wins won't patch things up and I think the tide has turned against Hill already as far as most fans are concerned.

I can't see how bringing in a Spurs kid and playing him helps at all?

Unless I suppose that we've got a deal for him to come back for the whole of next season too?

Role on next season ASAP I think as I can't think it's going to be much fun for the rest of this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum