Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus Exit Plan

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:33 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Everyone is starting to talk about an exit plan for when isolation and testing is established, and we all go on our way. Personally, I don't think it will be that simple. What do you think needs to be taken into account, and how will we manage it?

2Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:37 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The very first thing is a method in which we are all able to see who has been tested and cleared, in a way that is visible not only to the authorities, but also to other members of the public. (something that can't be copied or duplicated).

3Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:54 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will be probably be at least 12 months before we can start to see an end to this I reckon.

The isolation to contain the virus is very good but to completely rid this virus in our country would mean EVERYONE needs to stay home and do this with completely shutting borders with stopping flights and the eurostar.

And this would have to be the 30 days or however the virus lasts so that people who have it will sadly die and those who have it survive protecting those who didn't catch it.

The problem is that this is unrealistic having seen in the papers people having parties and what not so unless you get the last person with it then it could start to spread again and I guess this is what they mean by the second wave.

I think we are all stuck until we have a vaccine ready.

4Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:58 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There will be no exit plan until we can do more testing to see who has had it to show they are immune to it.

People can then go back to work knowing they can't catch it.

5Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:20 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Everyone is starting to talk about an exit plan for when isolation and testing is established, and we all go on our way. Personally, I don't think it will be that simple. What do you think needs to be taken into account, and how will we manage it?

I honestly don't think anyone has an exit plan. When we stop self isolating the virus will bounce back and it will continue to do so until we either have a vaccine or herd immunity. Sadly a lot more people are going to die before this is over.

6Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My exit plan will be death from the virus or from overwork in an extremely busy Hospital  Crying or Very sad

7Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's only one exit plan I'm worried about.

8Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel a bit silly now about my post when Cajun has major issues  Embarassed

9Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:02 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't worry Mr Pig, I can tell you from experience, when people are undergoing chemo, they become extremely practical, and I'm sure Cajun would have taken no offence with your comment.

10Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:04 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We have to have an exit plan, so who do we let out first or do we throw open the gates and let everyone out. If that happened, I'd be very wary of just carrying on.

11Coronavirus Exit Plan Empty Re: Coronavirus Exit Plan Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I feel a bit silly now about my post when Cajun has major issues  Embarassed
Don't feel silly.

My post was not in response to your comment.

I appreciate your sensitivity in feeling silly though.

I'm pretty philosophical about it all really and just plough on, it's harder for my wife though although she tries to hide it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum