Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Davies'

+6
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Davies' Empty The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 01:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mark comes in for a lot of stick for "going missing" during games, but is the lazy style of play we adopt when Kevin plays largely to blame?
Do we see less of one Davies due to the level at which we hoof it up to the other?
Would the world's best attacking midfielder struggle to put their stamp on this side, when this midfield's only function is to watch the ball fly over its head on its way to KD?

2The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 03:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Mark comes in for a lot of stick for "going missing" during games, but is the lazy style of play we adopt when Kevin plays largely to blame?
Do we see less of one Davies due to the level at which we hoof it up to the other?
Would the world's best attacking midfielder struggle to put their stamp on this side, when this midfield's only function is to watch the ball fly over its head on its way to KD?
In one Coyle knows only one tactic.

3The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 07:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Mark comes in for a lot of stick for "going missing" during games, but is the lazy style of play we adopt when Kevin plays largely to blame?

Campo, Stelios etc seemed to do ok when Kevin Davies was in the team.

Stop making excuses for Mark Davies - tactics don't make you pass to the opposition, mis-control a simple pass, or shoot over when it's easier to score.

It really is time he was dropped, I don't think he's EVER played well for us.

4The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 08:20

I thought mark Davies had one of his better games last night, tending to use the ball well but trying to get stuck in too. I know it was only about 15 minutes but him and spearing looked strong together, passing it well in the middle.

5The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:06

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Mark Davies might be a much better player when employed effectively with a strong pairing such as Spearing alongside him.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You're having ago at the wrong davies Doff IMO, kevin davies has been one of the best players so far, mark davies on the other hand has done nothing to suggest he will be a great player at this level, he simply goes missing for too long a period during the game.

Syle of player or not, good players make their mark (no pun intended) on games at this level just like Jay Spearing who IMO will be the best signing coyle has ever made on loan.

7The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 13:02

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Correct you are Doffcocker ..... said this for years...... not just with Mavies but others before......SKD will cost OC his job.

Nothing personally of course to SKD ... but little old Bolton hoofball style has still not changed....if fact we hoof it now more than under the Redhead.

8The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 14:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Campo, Stelios etc seemed to do ok when Kevin Davies was in the team.

That was when he was one of the most dangerous players in the country. He's now old, slow and to an extent physically incompetent.

The level at which we persist in hoofing it up to him despite the lack of good that ever comes from doing so is in my opinion the clearest indication that Coyle has to go.

9The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 14:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd have a point, but we hoof it up to whoever's up there.

10The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 14:54

aaron_bwfc wrote:You're having ago at the wrong davies Doff IMO, kevin davies has been one of the best players so far, mark davies on the other hand has done nothing to suggest he will be a great player at this level, he simply goes missing for too long a period during the game.

Syle of player or not, good players make their mark (no pun intended) on games at this level just like Jay Spearing who IMO will be the best signing coyle has ever made on loan.

Davies played well last night aaron, he looks like he's a bit fitter than when he started the season, if he can play like he did last night every week then he'll be a real asset. His big problem is inconsistency though so we'll wait and see.

Spearing better than Sturridge on loan?

11The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 14:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

The level at which we persist in hoofing it up to him despite the lack of good that ever comes from doing so is in my opinion the clearest indication that Coyle has to go.

I agree, but even if we dropped Kevin Davies, the players would still hit it long to whoever replaced him.

12The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 15:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I agree, but even if we dropped Kevin Davies, the players would still hit it long to whoever replaced him.

I already said that Nat. Don't steal my thunder or i'll kick off big time.

13The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I already said that Nat. Don't steal my thunder or i'll kick off big time.

Are you seething?

14The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Wed Sep 19 2012, 16:35

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think Sturridge was a better loan signing than Wilshere. If Spearing proves as effective for us as Wilshere was, I'll be satisfied.

15The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Thu Sep 20 2012, 00:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You'll find that one of the main hoofers currently is the goalkeeper. He must be under orders to hoof it .... otherwise can OC please tell him to stop ..... or get bout...... I don't have time to be nice.

Main hoofer stopped.... the receipiant (hoofee) on the bench .....on to the next issuse.

Football is simples really.

16The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Thu Sep 20 2012, 08:19

Horwich white

Horwich white
David Ngog
David Ngog

There is only one davies at this club who can change the way we play and that is eddie, by sacking clueless and bringing in a tactically able manager.

17The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Thu Sep 20 2012, 14:02

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Horwich white: good call ..... I forgot about that Davies .....

Can I add Fat Phil to the departure list please?

18The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Thu Sep 20 2012, 14:59

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd keep Ray in the line-up. He gets through a hell of a lot of work up front and makes occasional hits.

Apart from the odd flash of brilliance such as "Death Of A Clown" Dave is largely anonymous.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19The Davies' Empty Re: The Davies' Thu Sep 20 2012, 15:12

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That's one hell of a paint job!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum