Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Music thread

+12
y2johnny
Hip Priest
sunlight
karlypants
Banks of the Croal
Cajunboy
okocha
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Aug 26 2021, 02:02

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hi Okocha. I don't think those two have even spoken to each other for years anyway. Hard to understand considering the brilliant songs they wrote and performed together. I don't know a lot about them myself (apart from the brilliant songs obviously) but I'd be interested to know what they fell out about. (Hope it's not just money as usual).

742Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Aug 26 2021, 10:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

743Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Aug 26 2021, 10:51

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:Hi Okocha. I don't think those two have even spoken to each other for years anyway. Hard to understand considering the brilliant songs they wrote and performed together. I don't know a lot about them myself (apart from the brilliant songs obviously) but I'd be interested to know what they fell out about. (Hope it's not just money as usual).
Don't think it was a money issue, Hip. If I remember rightly, one of them walked off stage during a peformance. I think Don was always the demanding one and Phil finally baulked. They did reconcile later.

They taught the rest how to harmonise......including the Hollies, Beatles and Searchers., but the Hollies took things further with their three -part harmonies.

744Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Aug 26 2021, 13:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 part harmonies you say? Look no further than the amazing Staves!

745Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Aug 26 2021, 19:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, pretty good, Norpig......but The Hollies could achieve this sound.....even without Graham Nash....

746Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Aug 27 2021, 00:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Speaking of brilliant 3 part harmonies, Graham Nash and band members forever falling out, this lot is pretty hard to beat.

They fell out with each on a regular basis over a 50 year period. Then you add Joni and Neil Young to the mix and it gets even more explosive. Right at the moment none of the other 3 are even speaking to Crosby, apparently he made some derisive remarks about Young's new squeeze Daryll Hannah. Neil has vowed never to speak to Cros ever again and Stills and Nash are backing him up.

Aaaahhh these delicate showbiz types. Mind you, they were all bloody great back in the day.

747Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Aug 27 2021, 00:40

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:

Come on now KP. You know you're not allowed to post anything decent.

748Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Aug 27 2021, 07:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sluffy wrote:Don't know if this has been put up before but this young lad is brilliant!

Thanks for the plug, Sluffy - when I perform on the online show in October, I'll wear either my home or away Bolton shirt from last season (I only just got the home shirt!)
::dance::

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

749Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Aug 27 2021, 09:16

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hip Priest wrote:Speaking of brilliant 3 part harmonies, Graham Nash and band members forever falling out, this lot is pretty hard to beat.

They fell out with each on a regular basis over a 50 year period. Then you add Joni and Neil Young to the mix and it gets even more explosive. Right at the moment none of the other 3 are even speaking to Crosby, apparently he made some derisive remarks about Young's new squeeze Daryll Hannah. Neil has vowed never to speak to Cros ever again and Stills and Nash are backing him up.

Aaaahhh these delicate showbiz types. Mind you, they were all bloody great back in the day.
As I understand it, Hip, the permanently stoned Crosby had very little talent, whereas Stephen Stills did most of the really creative work. Joni was the ultra-talented genius that Nash fell for, but the Hollies did very well without him....great live band with Allan Clarke's peerless voice.

750Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Aug 27 2021, 10:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
As I understand it, Hip, the permanently stoned Crosby had very little talent, whereas Stephen Stills did most of the really creative work. Joni was the ultra-talented genius that Nash fell for, but the Hollies did very well without him....great live band with Allan Clarke's peerless voice.
Allan Clarke was a friend of my mum's mate, Dolly, and was a frequent visitor. My mum was surprised that he travelled on the local bus, guitar in tow, Not very rock and roll.

751Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Fri Aug 27 2021, 14:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The wonderful Flanders and Swann in New York.

752Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Sat Aug 28 2021, 01:38

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:
I was a massive CSNY fan back in the day Okocha. I would agree with your comment about Crosby being permanently stoned because he was. He also had the unfortunate knack of winding up and antagonising just about everybody he came into contact with (The Byrds couldn't put up with him for long and kicked him out when they could no longer tolerate him) but it's definitely not right to say he had very little talent. He wrote some great songs and was a fabulous vocalist in his own right. This is from Crosby's fantastic 1971 solo album " If I could only remeber my name." The song is reputedly an allegorical song where each of the 4 main characters (Fat Albert, The Duke, Young Billy and Eli) relates to one member of CSNY. It's fairly obvious Crosby is Fat Albert but you have to guess the others.The young Indian girl has been seen as being Rita Coolidge who various members of the band were reputedly interested in.

753Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Sat Aug 28 2021, 10:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Eli is surely Stills and Duke is Nash, both of whom had affairs with Raven (Coolidge), causing a big but temporary  fall-out and break-up. Young Billy is Neil Young who seems to have had a large input into the song, being so remarkably similar to his Down by the River and Cowgirl in the Sand. All good, though!

754Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Sun Aug 29 2021, 01:08

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Those lot have had so many "big but temporary fallouts" that I always get lost and forget who did what to who" and which of them is not speaking to which of the others at any specific time over the last 50 years. Whatever else has happened I think Crosby has pissed on his chips good and proper this time. I can't seriously believe it's really about him making comments about Niel's relationship with Daryl Hannah, but ever since they met Crosby and Nash were the biggest of buddies. Now even Nash has had enough. Saw a recent interview where Nash said " Myself, Neil and Stephen all speak regularly, but  we're all done with David now. There's no way back" 
It shocked me to the core but I couldn't help laughing my head off.  Very Happy

755Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Mon Aug 30 2021, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Lee Scratch Perry who passed away yesterday. One of the most innovative musicians of all time (and mad as a box of frogs) Perry invented dub music and massively influenced the early reggae artists who he recorded including Marley. A Jamaican icon, he forged the career of many well known reggae acts and later produced the Clash, The Orb and the Beastie Boys amongst many others who went to him for inspirational production and his endless innovative ideas. For me though, it was his early work with the Upsetters and then Adrian Sherwood that brought him to my attention so this 1969 classic seems a fitting tribute:

For good measure here's a documentary Smile

756Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Mon Aug 30 2021, 19:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

757Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Tue Aug 31 2021, 12:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

758Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Sep 02 2021, 13:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

759Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Sep 09 2021, 22:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been having a bit of a Smiths/Morrissey binge today, so here's something I picked at random.

760Music thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Music thread Thu Sep 09 2021, 23:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum