Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three relegated Norwich players heading for Bolton!

+5
wanderlust
xmiles
Keegan
Cajunboy
gloswhite
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former Rovers ageing carthorse Grant Hanley, defender Ben Godfrey and young striker Josh Martin look set to team up with Ian Evatt at BWFC after they were promised playing time in a winning side according to ITK sources at Carrow Rd.

Canary Pride bar technicians Ben Doune and Phil McCavity said the three players had been in discussions at the Macron whilst shopping for cans of Stella for the relegation party. Although that may have been Macro. Awaiting further clarification.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Former Rovers ageing carthorse Grant Hanley, defender Ben Godfrey and young striker Josh Martin look set to team up with Ian Evatt at BWFC after they were promised playing time in a winning side according to ITK sources at Carrow Rd.

Canary Pride bar technicians Ben Doune and Phil McCavity said the three players had been in discussions at the Macron whilst shopping for cans of Stella for the relegation party. Although that may have been Macro. Awaiting further clarification.

What century are you living in ffs?

Any more homophobic shit like that again and you'll be gone.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steady on Mary Whitehouse it's just a joke  Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Grant Hanley is 28 hardly ageing

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Steady on Mary Whitehouse it's just a joke  Very Happy

Would you do a joke about a black person these days?

No you wouldn't - no one would - the worlds moved on from those days.

Exactly the same in this case.

Homophobic comments will get you a ban on here - even if you were just 'joking'.

Did you laugh at it, do you think anyone did?

It wasn't funny, it was utterly pathetic and childish.

You know it is as well.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Grant Hanley is 28 hardly ageing
Is that all? He is really, really slow.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're going over the top Sluffy, and making far too much of it, especially when nobody complained. You've made your point.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:You're going over the top Sluffy, and making far too much of it, especially when nobody complained. You've made your point.

:agree:

If anyone else had made that joke you wouldn't have reacted in that way, you have an issue with Lusty and you jump on practically every comment he makes.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:You're going over the top Sluffy, and making far too much of it, especially when nobody complained. You've made your point.

Going over the top??

You think it is acceptable in this day and age to have some bloke post in effect - 'two queers, one is called Bend Over and the other is called Fill My Bum In - ha, ha, ha'!!!

I most certainly don't.

It wasn't even funny back in the day - it's just belongs long in the past now we are well into the twenty-first century!

We've learned to become better people and not discriminate and ridicule others - or at least most of us have!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ancient joke from Lusty. Even I remember it.

However, after listening to some of Stephen Fry's gay asides on QI, I'm loathe to have a go at others.

Fry's comments are outrageous, but it seems, as a gay man himself, he can get away with them. He's always funny though.
They were talking about blancmange the other day, which is pink and wobbly, and I wouldn't have dared take the conversation where he took it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:

:agree:

If anyone else had made that joke you wouldn't have reacted in that way, you have an issue with Lusty and you jump on practically every comment he makes.

You're absolutely correct.

I would have removed the post and banned them.

If I had done that last night to him you'd all have been kicking off at me - so I left it up to show you what shit he posted.

I would have expected a reasonable person to pm me saying something like they'd posted it as a joke whilst they were drunk and they regret it now and could I delete the thread but that never happened and he had the sheer front to make another post on the thread as though he couldn't give a fuck about it!

Try forgetting the personalities and think if someone had made a homophobic comment put it out on twitter, what the response would be?

Well someone made one on here and I gave him a warning rather than the immediate ban it deserved - just to keep the peace!

It's about time a few on here stop taking sides, and judge things on their merits instead.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Homophobic comments will get you a ban on here - even if you were just 'joking'.

You know it is as well.

Is it okay to make a joke about a white person?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
What's it to you honky? Razz

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy only you seem to be offended. Have a day off

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its about time you stopped your personal feelings to some posters clouding your judgement but what's the point it's like talking to a brick wall.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:its about time you stopped your personal feelings to some posters clouding your judgement but what's the point it's like talking to a brick wall.
If one of our players comes out, this thread might get back on track. Very Happy
I think Sluffy has possibly moved to Tunbridge Wells.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone really thing the play on words Lusty used are homophobic? If so i'll leave it alone and apologise.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

You know it is as well.

Jokes are subjective - what's funny to one person is offensive to another.

As far as running this site goes we try our best to comply with the law (or at least the spirit of it).

We aren't exactly PC but stuff like homophobia, racism, etc is not acceptable on here.

It's as simple as that.

We expect people to self moderate themselves and the vast majority do - thank you for that - but not everyone does all the time, as in this case above.

There was simply no need for it.

None at all.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Does anyone really thing the play on words Lusty used are homophobic? If so i'll leave it alone and apologise.

Why don't you ask here -

https://lgbt.foundation/

I'm sure I know what answer they will give you.

Of course it's homophobic!

Bend down and stick your dick up my bum - what part of that do you think isn't????

Ffs!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum