Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps

Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Fri Jul 31 2020, 13:32

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

2Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Fri Jul 31 2020, 15:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What a moron.
Wondering if the cabinet was hand-picked to make Borat look less dumb than we all know he is?

3Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Fri Jul 31 2020, 15:08

T.R.O.Y.

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
They expelled any minister who dared not follow their line on Brexit. Once that happens you’re left with a pretty shallow pool to choose from. Hence why this cabinet seems to have a particularly high number of incompetents.

4Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Fri Jul 31 2020, 15:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:They expelled any minister who dared not follow their line on Brexit. Once that happens you’re left with a pretty shallow pool to choose from. Hence why this cabinet seems to have a particularly high number of incompetents.

Second rule of politics - again.

Once in power do everything to stay there.

Johnson simply got rid of his political opponents who might be future rivals for the leadership - simple as that.

Apart from maybe Gove, is there anyone even remotely looking like challenging Johnson no matter how big a buffoon he is?

And he's 4 years away from the next elections and has a 80 seat majority.

He's probably PM until the run up to the 2029 elections at least!

Price we all have to pay with Labour clubbing together to give Corbyn enough nominations to even stand for election for the next Labour leader following Ed Miliband (and even he was the wrong brother to be elected!!!).

Road to Hell and all that I guess.

5Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Fri Jul 31 2020, 20:33

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The middle classes are all bragging on social media about how they have to do 14 days Quarantine after their Holiday. Telling us all how it wont affect their lifestyle as they all work remotely anyway.
All skyping from their auberge on the cote d`azur.
You are looked down upon now, by the middle classes, if you dont need to Quarantine after your Holiday.

6Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Sat Aug 01 2020, 12:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
Oh good. Was driving to Germany on the 12th, to see my sister. having to go via France only, and not using my usual Belgium/France/Luxembourg route. 
If I drive through the infected countries, my social standing will be elevated.  There's a silver lining in every cloud Very Happy

7Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Sat Aug 01 2020, 21:57

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Yes you should have a zoom meeting with all the others in your group. The middle classes enjoy the complaining more than they do the skiing.

8Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Sat Aug 01 2020, 22:10

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The rest of us have to make do with the Yorkshire coast. Buying fish and chips in a hurricane and eating them in the car with all the windows steamed up. Listening to the raindrops on the roof, and suffering aerial muggings from the Seagulls.

9Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Sat Aug 01 2020, 22:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@sunlight wrote:The rest of us have to make do with the Yorkshire coast. Buying fish and chips in a hurricane and eating them in the car with all the windows steamed up. Listening to the raindrops on the roof, and suffering aerial muggings from the Seagulls.
I'm going to Scotland for a week when I come back, but you make Yorkshire sound so appealing. (Been to Scarborough a few times with work, so I'll give that a miss). Very Happy

10Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Sun Aug 09 2020, 20:30

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

11Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Sun Aug 09 2020, 22:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I used to live in Elgin many years ago, not too far from the Granite City, and its a really nice area, as  remember it. (58 years ago). However, I did enough 'camping' when I was in the army, thanks. So sod that for a game of soldiers.  Very Happy

12Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Mon Aug 10 2020, 00:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
I used to live in Elgin many years ago, not too far from the Granite City, and its a really nice area, as  remember it. (58 years ago). However, I did enough 'camping' when I was in the army, thanks. So sod that for a game of soldiers.  Very Happy
I had a brief torrid affair with a wonderful girl from Lossiemouth in 1973. Thanks for reminding me. Very happy memories of that part of the world.

13Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 11:10

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Scotland is a bit like `Game of Thrones` but with Carlsberg Special Brew. I learned all about Scottish History from my Nans biscuit tins.

14Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 11:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:Scotland is a bit like `Game of Thrones` but with Carlsberg Special Brew. I learned all about Scottish History from my Nans biscuit tins.
They had the Glencoe massacre and the Clearances on biscuit tins?
Or were you dyeing your body blue with woad and necking magic mushrooms at the time you saw them?

15Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 11:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
Or were you dyeing your body blue with woad and necking magic mushrooms at the time you saw them?
I like Scotland. It's rather like Las Vegas, in that you can pay for sex with chips.

16Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 12:09

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@wanderlust wrote:
I seem to remember it was mainly Bagpipes and Castles. My Nan said they cant go fifteen minutes without calling someone a Bastard. I am sure thats not true though.

I remember Scottish shortbread biscuits as being exceptional quality.

17Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 12:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Frankie Boyle says that in Glasgow the word fucking is just a warning that a noun is on its way.

18Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 12:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@xmiles wrote:Frankie Boyle says that in Glasgow the word fucking is just a warning that a noun is on its way.
That's just Boyle's way of excusing his own foul language. The guys a wanker  Very Happy

19Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 13:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@wanderlust wrote:
I had a brief torrid affair with a wonderful girl from Lossiemouth in 1973. Thanks for reminding me. Very happy memories of that part of the world.
What happened, did she go back on the trawlers, (or the RNAS station)?  Very Happy

20Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 13:11

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@xmiles wrote:Frankie Boyle says that in Glasgow the word fucking is just a warning that a noun is on its way.

Thats the funnest thing Ive read today.

21Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 13:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@sunlight wrote:

Thats the funnest thing Ive read today.

Thank you. Smile

22Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BBC2 showed a Frankie Boyle live show the other week and as you can imagine it was very near the knuckle. 

The one joke that i remember was around him realising when his childhooed ended, not sure its for on here though  Very Happy

23Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 14:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:BBC2 showed a Frankie Boyle live show the other week and as you can imagine it was very near the knuckle. 

The one joke that i remember was around him realising when his childhooed ended, not sure its for on here though  Very Happy
Rather enjoyed it.

"Imagine being an immigrant in Britain these days, being told that you need to integrate more, by people who spend their holidays pointing at a picture of egg and chips on a menu".

24Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 14:19

sunlight

sunlight
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
If Brexit happens and Scotland get their independance, Scotland may well choose to go it alone and enter the Eurovision Song Contest, which will not end well for anyone.

25Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 15:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@Norpig wrote:BBC2 showed a Frankie Boyle live show the other week and as you can imagine it was very near the knuckle. 

I thought it was pretty good myself with quite a few laugh out loud moments.

26Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 15:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What even the Santa's sperm tasting the same as his Dads?  Very Happy

27Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps Empty Re: Travel quarantine and Grant Shapps on Tue Aug 11 2020, 15:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
What happened, did she go back on the trawlers, (or the RNAS station)?  Very Happy
Smile

No she went back to Uni with me and was savvy enough to keep schtum around my girlfriend. Believe she became a marine biologist so you're not a million miles off the mark.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum