Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should a Coronavirus vaccine be mandatory?

+7
xmiles
wanderlust
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
boltonbonce
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:It must be lonely at the KA fan club meetings these days Sluffy, hope you don't over order on the buffet food  Very Happy

I've never been one to court popularity or simply follow the crowd.

I prefer to see what the facts are and what they tell us.

If you forgive me for using this as an analogy but it is very current...

Everybody thought it was fine to own slaves and treat them how they did but there must have been a few who said that was wrong.

I'm sure they got ridiculed and abused at the time too.

They were right though weren't they - even though everybody but them believed completely differently at the time!

The crowd is not always right, shared beliefs can be without any basis and totally wrong.

I don't actually mind eating alone either!

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Surely, this site is an example of social media that you deride and wouldn't deign to stoop to......

Last edited by okocha on Thu Aug 20 2020, 11:52; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use social media like most people, you love it too with the amount of tweets you post up.  I’m intelligent enough to get my own opinions of what I read from various outlets.  Because something is on social media doesn’t make it true.  News outlets, governments all use social media.  And they can all lie too. 

And I guessed it touched a nerve?  You asked the question, so that invites feedback to what you posted.

You’re generalisations are poorly thought out.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Surely, this site is an example of social media that you deride and wouldn't deign to stoop to......

I've already explained why I do what I do.

Sluffy wrote:As for the positions I take, I do so on what I either professionally know or have had personal experience in - my career was as a company secretary and I had thirty years experience in the public service many at a senior level.

I don't claim to know all the answers and I don't doubt things have changed somewhat since my time but I'm pretty confident about what I say still about company law (thus what I said at the time about Anderson and more recently about Wigan) and how public sector works (it is a different beast to that of how the private sector functions).

As you know I don't normally 'do' twitter and thus am not influenced one way or another by the 'gossip' and crowd reaction to it.

No doubt I do miss some golden nuggets of information but I also avoid 99.99% of the uninformed and often factually incorrect shite that is spouted on there.

I am happy to read stuff on social media about stuff that interests me at the time - for instance the 'Howard' thread on ww at the time of the take over was worth it to listen to the professional knowledge and insights of Howard, Escobarp, Benny and Custard but there was a great deal of shite and uncalled for abuse to suffer through too.

I regularly read Iles (although he clearly now is not seen as a friend of the club by the current and previous owners) but he is the focal point for many and he gets a lead every now and again, given to him.

I read Nixon when he is relevant to Bolton, or recently Wigan and he usually is much better informed than Iles although you have to take into account that Nixon job is to sell stuff to national papers so not everything he posts is, shall we say, totally relevant.

As someone myself posting on social media - which of course Nuts is - I don't expect to be believed or even trusted in what I say - which is only fair as apart from one or two (custard for instance on accountancy or Escobarp on M&A) I do the same.

I post really to help and inform and because I enjoy doing so, I also have the time to do it.  I don't do so to be abused or trolled although I am aware as that is seen part and parcel of normal social media behaviour.

I know it irritates many people with my style and lengths of postings (particularly those who view on their phones only) but if anyone is interested to  really want to know why things are how they are you need someone with knowledge to explain so and I simply can't provide detail in 120 characters and a couple of emoticons.

People can simply  take me or leave me, I don't mind which, it is only meaningless chatter on the internet when all said and done and helps me to happily pass my time away.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t20522p840-how-is-the-tory-government-doing#410139

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I use social media like most people, you love it too with the amount of tweets you post up.  I’m intelligent enough to get my own opinions of what I read from various outlets.  Because something is on social media doesn’t make it true.  News outlets, governments all use social media.  And they can all lie too. 

And I guessed it touched a nerve?  You asked the question, so that invites feedback to what you posted.

You’re generalisations are poorly thought out.

I've already given what my views are on twitter previously and post them up again in the post above.

And I asked the question of Cajun who (IN FUN) asked me for the stat, to which (IN FUN) I replied to!  

It wasn't aimed at you or anyone else.

Clearly you missed the joke completely and took something said on social media as serious - to be responded to - which sort of ironically makes the point I was doing in jest anyway!

As for my "you're" generalisations being poorly thought out, then you are correct - they weren't meant to have been taken seriously!!!

And as for being intelligent enough "to get" your own opinion, then good for you.

Doesn't mean they are correct though.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if all else fails then pull them up on their grammar  Laughing

I thought that was reserved for us Leftys when answering back to knuckle dragging right wing Yaxley-Lennon supporters.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyway lets get back on topic, anyone else think it should be mandatory?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:if all else fails then pull them up on their grammar  Laughing

I thought that was reserved for us Leftys when answering back to knuckle dragging right wing Yaxley-Lennon supporters.

Or spelling. Rolling Eyes

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:if all else fails then pull them up on their grammar  Laughing

As someone who has dyslexia all his life, I appreciate the spell check function on this site and always read back every post I write to see if it reads ok and if there are any obvious mistakes in it.

I'm far from perfect on spelling and grammar but even I know the difference between 'your' and you're'.

If people can't be arsed reading back what they have written before posting it then why should anybody be arsed reading it when they do?

What a load of rubbish that is. Why are you going after BTID all of a sudden? He’s done nothing to you.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:What a load of rubbish that is. Why are you going after BTID all of a sudden? He’s done nothing to you.

???

What are you talking about?

I replied to him as I would to anybody who posted what he had on the thread.

He posted that something I posted unscientifically and without any credence, in fun was too high a percentage and I replied to try to show that he himself was one of those who had clearly believed in the social media 'conspiracy' theories, in his case in regards to Anderson.

I was trying to point out it certainly isn't a fact that he did anything illegal and as he neither knows Anderson personally then he can only be basing his opinion of him on other peoples hearsay, which in this day and age is usually from social media and no longer the man at the pub.

As I've said above ironically he seemed to prove the very point I was making in jest!

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Aug 20 2020, 13:56; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do know the difference Sluffy, it’s simply a typo.  It as Wink nothing to do with even you, with dyslexia knowing the difference.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It doesnt prove anything, you posted what you thought would be the percentage of conspiracy theory believers, I simply said that was too high.  I know you was just guesstimating, I know you didn’t complete a survey.  But for you to then say clearly I’m one of those people is utter bull shit.  And because I don’t like Ken or the way he treated the club, meant I was a believer in conspiracy theories and one of the mindless few.  Stupid assumptions you make and I will put you straight on what you think I am or am not.  You’ll be calling me a troll soon because I don’t agree with you...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This site gets better and better, Mods arguing with each other now  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

::mad::

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It doesnt prove anything, you posted what you thought would be the percentage of conspiracy theory believers, I simply said that was too high.  I know you was just guesstimating, I know you didn’t complete a survey.  But for you to then say clearly I’m one of those people is utter bull shit.  And because I don’t like Ken or the way he treated the club, meant I was a believer in conspiracy theories and one of the mindless few.  Stupid assumptions you make and I will put you straight on what you think I am or am not.  You’ll be calling me a troll soon because I don’t agree with you...

You missed the point completely at the start, I was simply having a laugh with Cajun.

Clearly what I said about how you view Anderson based on hearsay ironically backed up what I was saying in that post!

I don't care what you or anyone believes in quite frankly, I was simply pointing out that you had no factual basis to come to the conclusion you had - which was shared by about 99% of everybody else stating a view of him on social media.

Seems that nearly a year after he left what I'd been saying seems to have turned out to be the true position after all.

I'm not looking for plaudits for seemingly being right and I'm not gloating at others for now looking likely to be being wrong, I'm just merely pointing out how social media clearly does influence people who seem to accept what they read as being the truth of the matter.

Fantastically well done for you if you came to the opinion you did without reference to, or influence from, social media.

Still appears to be factually the wrong one though although clearly you will never change your mind about it.

As they say you can lead a horse to water...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:::mad::
Have a word KP and sort them out  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:::mad::
Have a word KP and sort them out  Very Happy
I’m going to bang their heads together. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
I’m going to bang their heads together. Very Happy
Can you stream that on Nuts TV please?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Been away for a week in Germany, and when I come back, its the same old shite. Roll on the start of the new season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum