Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"We'll push on" - Wanderers boss Evatt says side will brush off Wigan defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt reckons Wanderers will quickly restore the high standards they have set in pre-season in tomorrow’s final friendly against Crewe.

Tuesday’s surprising 5-1 defeat at Wigan Athletic left the head coach disappointed, and questions being asked about the sufficient depth of his current squad.

A handful of young players missed their opportunity to impress at Euxton and it is likely that Evatt will return to a more experienced line up at the University of Bolton Stadium, more in line with the one which will kick-off the new season on September 5.

Striker Eoin Doyle is expected to return after a dead leg and a few other minor injuries are also starting to clear up.

Crucially, however, Evatt is looking for a performance from his team which is more in line with his own high expectations.

“I don’t like losing football matches and I didn’t like what I saw,” he said of the Wigan result.

“Friday is the dress rehearsal. Overall, I have been very happy with how hard the players have worked over the summer so we won’t dwell on a poor result, we will push on and improve against Crewe.

"I will be looking for players to reach the levels they have done in training and in the other pre-season games because we have set high standards and I won't allow them to drop."

Wanderers have now confirmed that season ticket holders will be given free access to home games on the streaming platform, iFollow.

Away games will be available to purchase for £10, as will the Carabao Cup first round tie with Bradford a week tomorrow (September 5).

The agreement between the EFL and its broadcast partners will run for as long as stadia are operating at zero or limited capacity because of COVID-19 measures.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum