Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy)

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are in EFL Trophy action on Tuesday evening when they take on Shrewsbury Town at the Montgomery Waters Meadow.

Last time out in this competition, Wanderers suffered a narrow 3-2 reverse against Sky Bet League One side Crewe Alexandra at the University of Bolton Stadium with Ryan Delaney and Shaun Miller getting on the scoresheet in early September.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: ‘“I will play a team I think is strong enough to win the game. I’m not sacrificing it. This won’t be lambs to the slaughter, I have firm belief in our younger players.

“Ronan (Darcy) will have a chance, for definite, Adam Senior, people who deserve a chance and have trained really well.

“They have experience of first team football last season and probably got thrust into the limelight a bit sooner than they should have been. But it will stand them in good stead for nights like this.

“They have been banging on the door for an opportunity and now they will get one.

“I hope they do well, I really do, because they are good lads, great talents, and they will be big players for this club in the years to come.

“First and foremost, they have to go out there at Shrewsbury and show us and the rest of the footballing world what they are about.”

Stuart Taylor (Assistant Manager): “It’s another game in a busy schedule and it’s a great opportunity for us to go and give the young kids a run-out and have them get experience just as we did last season. Give them an opportunity to go and play and express themselves.

“The only difference this season is that they’re not going to play in front of a crowd, which is disappointing because that’s part of their development, to see how they can handle the crowd and experience that.

“Unfortunately for them they’re not going to be able to experience that this year but certainly pulling on the jersey and playing in the first team, it’s a great opportunity for them.”

How to watch:

Supporters can watch the game live on iFollow BWFC by purchasing a £10 match pass.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

Ian Evatt is set make several changes from the side that beat Harrogate Town at the weekend.

Gethin Jones is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after picking up an ankle injury at the Keepmoat Stadium, while Lloyd Isgrove and Shaun Miller continue their road to recovery.

Players like Adam Senior and Ronan Darcy are set to get a run out as the Wanderers Head Coach will pick a team that will look to overcome The Shrews on their own patch.

Bookies Odds:

Bolton win: 21/10

Draw: 11/5

Newport win: 12/10

Correct as of 6/10/2020 (9am) on skybet.com

Form:

Wanderers come into the tie buoyed by their first victory of the Sky Bet League Two campaign against Harrogate at the weekend. Frontmen Eoin Doyle and Nathan Delfouneso opened up their accounts too to give Ian Evatt’s men a lift ahead of a busy October schedule.

Town beat Newcastle United U21s 3-0 earlier in the competition but are set to ring the changes ahead of tonight’s clash. They have drawn their last two league encounters so will be aiming to get back to winning ways to boost their league campaign.

Last time out:

The two clubs last met at the University of Bolton Stadium in December 2019 where they shared a 1-1 draw.

They have played each other 24 times in all competitions with Wanderers edging the head to head encounters with 13 victories to their name against Town’s 7.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Oct 06 2020, 23:50; edited 3 times in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry not paying a tenner to watch this!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Sorry not paying a tenner to watch this!
Natasha will be along shortly to call you a shit fan. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Natasha will be along shortly to call you a shit fan. Very Happy
 She's too busy checking her onions  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Odds seem to be in Newport's favour according to the article.
But we're playing Sam Rickett's lot who will also be fielding fringe players - but in his case it's a top FB from the A league and promising Czech midfielder on loan from Brentford.
Suspect it's going to be very hard work for our lads.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For once I agree. I thought we were already out of this competition FFS.

I'll be eating my tea come kick off.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

For once I agree. I thought we were already out of this competition FFS.

I'll be eating my tea come kick off.

The 1st round has group stages.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Competition format

Group stage

Sixteen groups of 4 teams would be organised on a regionalised basis.
All groups would include one invited club.
All clubs would play each other once, either home or away (Academies play all group matches away from home).
Clubs would be awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw.
In the event of a drawn game (after 90 minutes), a penalty shootout would be held with the winning team earning an additional point.
Clubs expelled from the EFL will be knocked out of the tournament automatically.
The top two teams would progress to the Knockout Stage.

Knockout stage

Round 2 and 3 of the competition will be drawn on a regionalised basis.
In Round 2, the group winners shall be seeded and the group runners-up shall be unseeded in the draw.
In Round 2, teams who played in the same group as each other in the Group Stage shall keep apart from each other.
Academy teams from Round 2 to the semi-finals keep apart.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not interested in groups.

10Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not interested in groups.
 The doggers on Scout Road would be surprised to hear that Nat.

11Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not interested in groups.
 The doggers on Scout Road would be surprised to hear that Nat.

Laughing

12Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote: The doggers on Scout Road would be surprised to hear that Nat.
Who'd walk their dog on Scout Road?

14Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you know where we hang out then. I thought it was you with your face pressed up against the windscreen.

15Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

So you know where we hang out then. I thought it was you with your face pressed up against the windscreen.

affraid :rofl:

16Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Who'd walk their dog on Scout Road?

Depends on how kinky you want to be?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It was me but in my defence my trolleys were around my ankles and i kind of tripped and rammed my face into the windscreen.

18Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
It was me but in my defence my trolleys were around my ankles and i kind of tripped and rammed my face into the windscreen.
That wasn't his face.

19Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
That wasn't his face.

Are you suggesting he was looking for the gear knob when he tripped? Shocked

20Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Shrewsbury 2-1 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Oct 06 2020, 15:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had my hand on a knob that's for sure  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum