Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Living the dream: Adam Senior on scoring for his boyhood club Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Senior hopes to absorb every bit of advice he can to forge a first team career with his boyhood club.

The young defender, who watched the Premier League years under Big Sam from the terraces, now wants to do his bit in the club’s recovery.

Ian Evatt handed the 18-year-old his first start of the season in the EFL Trophy at Shrewsbury, a night which was capped off with his first professional goal.

And though Senior accepts he may have to sit and wait patiently for another turn in a congested list of centre-backs, he is keen to listen and learn to improve his chances in the future.

“I’m only a young lad, learning every day,” he said. “You need the experience and we’ve got people like Baps (Alex Baptiste) who is a bit of a mentor this year. He’s brilliant, class, and he’s played everywhere.

“The gaffer has been great since he came in three or four months ago now - they go through clips with me, so does Peter (Atherton). They give me advice on how I can improve.

“There are a lot of centre-halves at the club but we can all help each other. There’s a lot of competition and training is intense because you want to be in the gaffer’s eye-line and hope for the best.”

Senior also finished Tuesday night’s game with a gashed head to show for his efforts.

But nothing was going to sour the night for the former St Joseph’s pupil, who watched his first Wanderers game at the age of five years old.

“I was over the moon with that goal,” he said. “I was thinking about it yesterday when the gaffer said I would be in the team. I was hoping I’d score.

“I ended up with a war wound. I headed the ball, fell on the floor and next thing I knew I couldn’t feel my head, it was horrible.

“Big Reiss (Greenidge) headed it across and I thought ‘I’m just going to try and get in here now’ then it hit me, and it was in.

“All the celebrations were out of the window. Hopefully I’ll manage one next year.”

The night ended in defeat, and with Wanderers bowing out of the competition with a game to spare in the group stages, but Senior felt the performance was a positive one.

“It was tough because I haven’t played for a while but I enjoyed it,” he said. “I thought we did well; both their goals were sloppy and we could have scored more than we did, but overall I thought we did well against a good League One team.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum