Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A few more bodies

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A few more bodies Empty A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 11:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

OC looks set to complete the signing of Ream in the next few days but wants to add a few more reinforcements too.
"When you lose a player of his (Cahill) quality it could have an adverse effect but when things like that happen it can also bring a group together," Coyle said.

"I am hoping to have the American defender Tim Ream signed in the next few days.''

"Apart from him, I am also hoping to add one or two more to take us on to the second half of the season."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 11:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle has obviously made up his mind that Ream is what we need. Le Toux is training with the team this week and a decision as to whether to offer him terms will be made this coming Friday.

3A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I've stated on other threads, these names are just total rubbish. Long term they may turn out ok, but long-term players don't keep you up this season.

I really wish Coyle would fuck off.

4A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden was relatively unknown before he came to Bolton. We don't have the money for big names so we have to make do with what we can.

I couldn't tell you the names of any of the Swansea team but Brendan has got them playing well so I am hoping Coyle can do the same.

5A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The Dos Santos rumour is back up and running again. Spurs have give in (apparantly) to our valuation and we may be speaking to him in the next couple of days.
I can't see us being able to agree to his wage demands personally.

6A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spurs want 5 million and Dos Santos will want 50 grand a week. Can we afford that kind of outlay ?

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Jan 26 2012, 17:14; edited 1 time in total

7A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Dos Santos" translates to "lightweight tosser".

8A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Holden was relatively unknown before he came to Bolton. We don't have the money for big names so we have to make do with what we can.

I don't want big names RT, I just want established Premiership players. We should be raiding the reserves of the top 10 clubs, not hunting the world for players that have no experience of the pace of English football.

9A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 12:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, but it's easier said than done. Any potential candidates will be eyeing us as relegation fodder. Until we can put some breathing space between ourselves and the bottom three, we are not going to attract the type of players we want.

10A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Mon Jan 23 2012, 13:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Holden was relatively unknown before he came to Bolton. We don't have the money for big names so we have to make do with what we can.

I don't want big names RT, I just want established Premiership players. We should be raiding the reserves of the top 10 clubs, not hunting the world for players that have no experience of the pace of English football.

as you well know we can't afford any big names or even any small names.

we're skint, and don't start with that bank loan idea again it's duff.

11A few more bodies Empty Re: A few more bodies Thu Jan 26 2012, 15:47

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:As I've stated on other threads, these names are just total rubbish. Long term they may turn out ok, but long-term players don't keep you up this season.

I really wish Coyle would fuck off.
Says it all for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum