Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Sam back in management!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big Sam back in management! Empty Big Sam back in management! Thu Dec 17 2020, 08:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our greatest ever Manager is back in management at West Brom and will be expected to do his usual miracle act of saving clubs from relegation. Will he be able to do it this time? I'm not so sure as the club didn't back Bilic in the transfer market and will expect Big Sam to do it on the cheap.

Can he keep them up?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55330288

2Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Thu Dec 17 2020, 10:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll keep them up. What puzzles me is why he keeps doing it. He's good enough to be looking at the Arsenal job, but he's been labelled as 'fireman Sam', and he's stuck with it.
He's a lot better manager than that, and he's never been given the credit he deserves. He's always been an innovator, so his dinosaur tag is way off.
Good luck to him.

3Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Thu Dec 17 2020, 12:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was reading the comments on the BBC article and nearly all were negative. Most saying he's a dinosaur who only plays hoofball and that he's been a failure. 

All the last few jobs he's had he came in and stabilised the club and saved them from relegation so that's a load of rubbish. The whole long ball thing is bollocks too as i don't remember the likes of Campo and Hierro lumping it all the time.

4Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Thu Dec 17 2020, 12:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always an option as he's an ex-Baggie but I thought it was appalling the way this was handled. Allardyce was on the EFL show last week and Colin Murray asked him about getting back into management and Sam's noncommital smug grin made it clear something was happening. And then Bilic's release being leaked from within the club before the official announcement. Poor.

Personally I think he'll struggle to keep the Baggies up this year. They've got a decent selection of experienced pros each of whom can do the business on their day, but they lack the cutting edge other premiership teams have.
Bilic showed that can defend well if they are organised in their draw with City - and Allardyce should do that, but I'm struggling to see where the goals to keep them up will come from.

5Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Thu Dec 17 2020, 12:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might depend on what they can spend. They gave Bilic next to nothing and expected miracles.

I don't see Sam going in there without some sort of assurance that cash will be provided.

6Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Mon Dec 28 2020, 13:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did a job on Liverpool yesterday - but I still suspect they'll go down.

7Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Tue Dec 29 2020, 10:07

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Might depend on what they can spend. They gave Bilic next to nothing and expected miracles.

I don't see Sam going in there without some sort of assurance that cash will be provided.
A song for Sam:

And another:

8Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Wed Dec 30 2020, 08:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WBA 0 Leeds 5 and Sam's ready for a break. He does have a point tbf but will he expect to be paid during the break?

9Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Wed Dec 30 2020, 13:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always going to be difficult against Bielsa's team but the Baggies' defence didn't help and the first goal was comical.

11Big Sam back in management! Empty Re: Big Sam back in management! Sun Jan 10 2021, 09:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

PriceOfFootball

@KieranMaguire

·
15h

After blaming Covid-19 and Brexit for West Brown’s last two defeats, Sam Allardyce suggests climate change was responsible for today’s FA Cup loss at Blackpool.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The wisdom of Big Sam shines out again in this quote so you can see why clubs appoint him. Need to score goals and have clean sheets apparently. #Profound #Allardyce

Big Sam back in management! ErWoBZvXMAAP-l3?format=jpg&name=small

Maguire might have followed the muck cart on BWFC finances but he does seem to have BSA weighed up. I'll forgive him 'West Brown'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum