Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt expecting "a few ins and outs" in January

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers manager Ian Evatt is anticipating "a few ins and outs" in January, and Kieran Lee could still be one of them.

The Bolton boss has not publicly named the player who has been training with them in recent weeks, but it emerged on both sides of the Pennines that ex-Sheffield Wednesday ball-winner Lee was being monitored following his release from Hillsborough in the summer.

The 32-year-old is understood to be keen on a move to the UniBol amid other offers from clubs in League One and Two.

When asked about his so-called 'secret target' Evatt said: "It's not anonymous but I'm not going to mention his name. He's still in with us, he's still training, we're obviously just doing our due diligence as we will make sure that he is 100 per cent right and ready.

"We'll monitor that over the next week and then make a decision on that one.

"Liam Gordon has gone out to Dagenham which is good for him to get some more experience.

"Liam's a young player, he's 21 years old. He was thrown in at the deep end at the start of the season and has played a lot of games, probably more than what everyone thought he would because of the situation.

"It's important for him to gain more experience to become more ready for men's football. He hasn't played a lot of men's football so hopefully he'll be there for a month at least, maybe until the end of the season and then we can get him back here in the summer to progress for next year."

Of the prospect of making further signings in January following a summer influx, Evatt added: "We will be, 100 per cent we will be. It's still up in the air a little bit because teams aren't willing to discuss their January plans so, I know we're only two or three weeks away but that's a long time in football so people aren't really releasing who's available and who's not just yet. But we have targets, definitely, and we will be monitoring the situation closely.

"I would think in January there will be a few ins and outs."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum