Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New stuff for match day from BWFC

+3
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
azreal88
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 00:33

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Right.

My match reports will now be going up on the BWFC Facebook page and I will be doing a live-update via Twitter at all games from now on. There'll be some info out about it at some point if you follow the facebook page or the club Twitter.

I'll be in the press conferences and I'm at Euxton tomorrow for the "day after" thing they do there.

My interest in this is to get more information that fans want to those fans, so if you want to know stuff ask me and I'll be Mohammed to the mountain, in he hope that there's a benefit to everyone.

That's pretty much it. So if there's stuff you'd like to know and I can find out, then let's do that.

2New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 09:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

azreal88 wrote:Right.

My match reports will now be going up on the BWFC Facebook page and I will be doing a live-update via Twitter at all games from now on. There'll be some info out about it at some point if you follow the facebook page or the club Twitter.

I'll be in the press conferences and I'm at Euxton tomorrow for the "day after" thing they do there.

My interest in this is to get more information that fans want to those fans, so if you want to know stuff ask me and I'll be Mohammed to the mountain, in he hope that there's a benefit to everyone.

That's pretty much it. So if there's stuff you'd like to know and I can find out, then let's do that.

We'll need proof you're really doing this. A photo of you with your arm around Gartside will suffice.

3New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 10:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If you can get that close, a photo of your hands around his throat would be better Smile

4New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure PG knows where Euxton is.

5New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair, I think it would easier for him to get to Euxton than most of us as all he needs to do is go stright up the M6!

6New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:50

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

He was at Euxton this morning.

I actually agree, Nat, that you need proof. To be honest, it was stupid for me to come here without that sorted first and apologise for that. I'm fine with that in the interests of moving this on. I can do you a picture of my press pass no trouble, it's here with me - a picture with Phil would suck because I'm an ugly bugger cyclops

Like i say, I'm happy to meet anyone at the game on Tuesday and we can sort "proof" out, so long as that then leads to an open discussion with me about what you guys need from the club, in terms of information, access etc as an ideal. Not all of it will happen as this is brand new, but we can get the ball rolling with bits and pieces and I'll earn the trust.

7New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

azreal88 wrote:He was at Euxton this morning.

I actually agree, Nat, that you need proof. To be honest, it was stupid for me to come here without that sorted first and apologise for that. I'm fine with that in the interests of moving this on. I can do you a picture of my press pass no trouble, it's here with me - a picture with Phil would suck because I'm an ugly bugger cyclops

Like i say, I'm happy to meet anyone at the game on Tuesday and we can sort "proof" out, so long as that then leads to an open discussion with me about what you guys need from the club, in terms of information, access etc as an ideal. Not all of it will happen as this is brand new, but we can get the ball rolling with bits and pieces and I'll earn the trust.

I as joking Azreal, you've been around BWFC forums long enough for me to know you don't bullshit people. Talk bollocks, yes....bullshit, no.

But may I ask what you hope to achieve from this? Is this about information coming out of the club, or more to the point, the lack of it? Because even if you're Uncle Phil's new best chum, he's still not going to tell you anything other than the bullshit he gives the Bolton News.

8New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:11

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

To be honest, Nat, I like Phil. I don't think I'm his new best chum, but I actually personally think he's a good bloke. But that's a personal view.

Yes it's about fans getting more info but it's not just about me giving it to fans. I just want my football club to value fans and for fans to end up feeling that. And there are a lot of facets to that, information is one. The only thing I can do now is work to identify where BWFC isn't getting information that fans need to the fans, so long as that info isn't commercially/tactically sensitive or private for an individual.

Once i understand that, i can try to fix that. That's the entire limit of my ability at the minute, apart from that i can pick up a phone and get an answer to a fair question - the trust in those answers comes from them either being seen to be true or not in the end. I can't control the belief side of things past the experience of it being true.

9New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Filming the pressers and putting them on youtube would be a start.

unbelievable that in this day and age the club doesn't think that kind of thing is important.

10New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 13:28

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Filming the pressers and putting them on youtube would be a start.

unbelievable that in this day and age the club doesn't think that kind of thing is important.

I had that conversation. There are legal issues with it, I believe, in terms of rights and access deals - but I understand it's being discussed by those who control that.

11New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 14:14

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cool job you seem to be doing Az. Well done.

The first thing that pops into my mind since relegation is that if you can't get to games you become effectively cut off from your club to the point of going back 12 years to watching teletext. Yes you can watch the 15 seconds of highlights on the BBC or you can listen to the radio but in this day and age it seems painfully old fashioned that it is so difficult to get a real feeling of how games are going. The only way around it is for a way to watch proper extended highlights of games. I know there is Wanderers Player but from past experience it's not worth the money as the highlights tend to just rerun whatever was shown on tv already.

The main reason to follow a team is to see some football. Not to listen to a list of numbers (scores) on the radio. I would guess there are just as many Bolton fans who don't/can't go to games as there are fans who do go every week. All would dearly love to see the team in action.

I very much doubt that extended highlights of games on the website would affect gate receipts and in any case it is surely worth a trial. Plus highlights online would draw a massive audience which in turn would be probably the best way ever to promote the club further to the right target audience. This could be used to sell ticket deals, hospitality, coach travel, half season tickets, pay monthly season tickets etc etc. I am not sure there is a down side.

12New stuff for match day from BWFC Empty Re: New stuff for match day from BWFC Sun Sep 30 2012, 14:47

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hi Jayjay, thanks for the reply.

In the short term, a live twitter feed and a full match coverage article will be how we will tackle the issue of fans who can't get there. It is a short term fix, but it's a recognition of the problem. The idea of extended highlights and the like is being raised, as i understand it, but i think the logistics of that make it a longer-term thing. Maybe i'm wrong on that it's not hard to do, but my feeling from raising that question myself was that we have a contract that covers things and we'd need to look at it.

The issue is recognised, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum