Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle fumes at the refs!

+2
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Coyle fumes at the refs! Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Owen Coyle was feeling hard done by after watching his Bolton side's unbeaten home run come to a halt against Crystal Palace.

He said: "It was the biggest penalty you will ever see in the first half, Darcy Blake was like Julian Speroni in goal.

"It was a soft penalty we conceded and it's happened to us now three times and has ultimately cost us the game and it's not good enough.

"We did enough to win that match and at least to take a point. I spoke to the referee after the game and he said he couldn't see what was a stonewall penalty.

"Goals change games and this result's really hard to take. We just want an even break and we are clearly not getting that at the moment.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This just smacks of sheer desperation and coyle is obviously not willing to blame him and his own players for the fact we are not winning games.

He might say it's not good enough but the fact is all 3 were penalties so surely the blame goes with our defenders and not the ref?

The guys lost the plot IMO and as usual is trying to blame everything but himself for another defeat.

2Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Re: Coyle fumes at the refs! Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:The guys lost the plot IMO and as usual is trying to blame everything but himself for another defeat.

Sounds very much like Megson, just before he was shown the door!!!

But bhe has blamed referees in about 95% of matches since just before the FA Cup fiasco and its now becoming a joke, a bore and showing just how pathetic Coyle is.

For me, even his "nice guy" image is now becoming tarnished by his ineptness!

3Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Re: Coyle fumes at the refs! Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:44

What Dougie Freedman thought of the game is almost as unbelievable as what Coyle thought:

"We've played against Cardiff, Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough over the last few weeks and that was by far our toughest challenge.
"There is no doubt in my mind that they will be in the top two or three at the end of the season and this has to be our biggest scalp so far this campaign."

4Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Re: Coyle fumes at the refs! Sun Sep 30 2012, 12:50

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So what if the refs were crap. If the refs didnt give the the pen then it would have been 0-0 which is still unacceptable. Shut up coyle and walk

5Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Re: Coyle fumes at the refs! Sun Sep 30 2012, 14:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You know why teams get penalties? because their forwards go dribbling into the box ....deserved or not they go down and there's your penalty.

Ngog may get a few calls during the season ...... on the other hand SKD is more likley to give a foul away and be on the 35 yard line anyhow. I read somewhere last year that we have one of the fewest penalties in our favor. Hoof up and nod on is the reason for that.

Look what happens when Mavies does one of his runs ....4 out of 5 times he gets fouled and inside the box....penalty.

6Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Re: Coyle fumes at the refs! Sun Sep 30 2012, 15:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should have been at least two up in the first half but it's no good blaming the Ref. No disrespect to Palace but as a team recently relegated from the Premiership we should not have been turned over at home by them. If we don't put the ball in the back of their net then we can have no excuses.

7Coyle fumes at the refs! Empty Re: Coyle fumes at the refs! Mon Oct 01 2012, 15:30

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I was offline all weekend. When I heard the result, my first thought was "What did the Referee do this time?"

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum