Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Underrated BWFC players

+2
Sluffy
Norpig
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Underrated BWFC players Empty Underrated BWFC players Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had the worst but who do you think were the most underrated players you've seen? These are the lads who played every week but never got the credit they deserved.

A few off the top of my head

Mark Seagraves - decent CB and was very steady, maybe got injured too much?

Paul Warhurst - played anywhere and was always good whether it was CB or midfield for us. Don't think he played upfront for us?

Simon CharltonĀ  - great LB who definitely flew under the radar

Mike Whitlow - good at either LB or CB

Scott Sellars - great left foot and was very solid for us, chipped in with a few goals as well

2Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Wed Jan 13 2021, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always though Borgetti would have been decent if given a proper run of games. Anyone agree?

3Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Wed Jan 13 2021, 15:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I always though Borgetti would have been decent if given a proper run of games. Anyone agree?

Yes, I thought the same.

4Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Fri Jan 15 2021, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Few more i thought of

Barry Cowdrill - a great left foot and scored a few goals as well, his best was ruled out though!

Scott Green - not the best player we ever had but always gave his all at RB or RW.

Mark Patterson - a grafter in midfield who did a great job for us.

Dean Crombie - a CB who could pass the ball was a rarity back then, His goal in the Sherpa Van final was fantastic as well!

5Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Fri Jan 15 2021, 17:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Fish?

I always remember Paul Warhurst when he was at Blackburn in the Premier league but not so much at Bolton for some reason.

Always liked Scott Sellars.

6Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Fri Jan 15 2021, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I always though Borgetti would have been decent if given a proper run of games. Anyone agree?
Yes. I used to joke with my brother.....'3 minutes to go, he'll bring Borgetti on'.

7Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Fri Jan 15 2021, 19:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Warhurst stood out as a great athlete.

8Underrated BWFC players Empty Re: Underrated BWFC players Sat Jan 16 2021, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Add me to the Borgetti fan club.
There are many who were underappreciated. In recent years, Rob Holding was an obvious talent but not many fans saw his potential - not a world beater but definitely Prem material. Marcus Alonso got stick for his defending but for me he wasn't allowed to get forward enough which is his strength. Sam Ricketts did a great job for us, quietly going about his business and mentoring Cahill who was reckless early in his career with us. Of these players we only got the best out of Ricketts who was approaching the end of his career.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum