Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things That Cheer You Up ?

+9
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
okocha
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 17:43

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What with the lockdown,Covid, Bolton's general form this season, seems to be a long cold wet dark winter with no end  Sad   

Just wondering, if there is anything that helps or makes you happy, smile for a moment and think it's not that bad really.

These are a few of mine, Dad's Army no matter how many times i've seen a episode it always brings a laugh/smile to my face, Bolton winning, getting out in the fresh air walking/ biking, a few more but what cheers you up ???  Very Happy

2  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 17:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Seeing my grandchildren even if it is only on Zoom.

3  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 18:26

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We have a grandson living with us and has done since the first lockdown, our daughter his mother works from home, it works for us both but was difficult during the first lockdown with the home schoolwork anyway we got there in the end.

This time the schooling is better organized and he's doing ok with it, plus i take him out for daily exercise when he's finished, biking walking used to be footy.

4  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 18:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got a beer delivery today. that cheered me up no end  Very Happy

5  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 19:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: I got a beer delivery today. that cheered me up no end  Very Happy
Just think of all that sugar and carbs adding to your beer belly Norpig!  :nono:

6  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 19:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:What with the lockdown,Covid, Bolton's general form this season, seems to be a long cold wet dark winter with no end  Sad   

Just wondering, if there is anything that helps or makes you happy, smile for a moment and think it's not that bad really.

These are a few of mine, Dad's Army no matter how many times i've seen a episode it always brings a laugh/smile to my face, Bolton winning, getting out in the fresh air walking/ biking, a few more but what cheers you up ???  Very Happy
Dad's Army certainly. And Bilko. I've also caught up on a lot of reading. I've made good use of my Audible membership too, getting jobs done whilst listening to a good book is a win win. 
I miss having a dog, but when we lost our Springer in 2010 I swore she'd be our last, and I'm sticking to it.
Nothing stopping me taking myself for a walk though, and however glum I'm feeling, a good walk blows away the cobwebs.
I'm 67, pretty healthy, and reasonably fit. Many aren't, so I've no right to moan about anything. 
As Charlie Chaplin said, 'A day without laughter is a day wasted'.

7  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 19:56

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Great that boncey, can relate to the dog thing said i wouldn't have another dog after ours died but i can't get my decorating finished at the moment because of my lodger Very Happy

Yes also think i'm reasonably fit for my age and just love walking in the fresh air, well apart from the Chicken Factory when the winds in the wrong direction.

8  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 20:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Great that boncey, can relate to the dog thing said i wouldn't have another dog after ours died but i can't get my decorating finished at the moment because of my lodger Very Happy

Yes also think i'm reasonably fit for my age and just love walking in the fresh air, well apart from the Chicken Factory when the winds in the wrong direction.
I watched a Dad's Army last night. It was the episode where they all try to look younger by getting made up at Frazer's funeral parlour.

Mainwaring's reaction to Godfrey's face alway kills me, 'This is no good Wilson, he looks like Madam Butterfly'.

9  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 20:14

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Recorded it also remember it, watched the program before, it was about how it came about with interviews with the writers and some of the cast, must have been old tho because most of them are dead.

10  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 20:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great music is a tonic....Santana, Joni Mitchell, Stephen Stills, Tori Amos, The Sundays, Gary Moore, Sting, The Hollies!!, Alanis Morrisette,  Andrea Boccelli.......

11  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 20:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 20:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A big bag of Cadburys Giant Buttons and a good sci-fi film. The simple things.

13  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Sun Jan 31 2021, 22:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great to see lockdown has an upside for some.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-55850214

14  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 08:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I watched a Dad's Army last night. It was the episode where they all try to look younger by getting made up at Frazer's funeral parlour.

Mainwaring's reaction to Godfrey's face alway kills me, 'This is no good Wilson, he looks like Madam Butterfly'.
I watched an old HIGNFY on Dave last night. Don't ask me why; Gary Lineker was in the chair sporting a wispy moustache and beard as if he was a wannabe Owen Oyston sans fedora.

Hislop and Merton can usually be relied upon to be entertaining and witty but they seemed unusually surly on this one and distinctly unimpressed with Lineker's laboured efforts at autocue repartee. I couldn't help wondering why.

I love Dads Army too, Boncey and as I expect you know, I'm quite fond of the late Mae Questel's Olive Oyl.

15  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 11:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She also voiced my beloved Betty Boop. Looked a lot like Betty too.

16  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 11:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

17  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 11:56

Similar to Pig/Nat. But it's beer in front of movies - not chocolate.

Most recently I've bought from Cloudwater/Deya/BBNO if you're interested Pig - particularly recommend Deya although Cloudwater is local to you I think, they both do an NHS discount at the moment.

Would also recommend running to anyone that can, i get a bit anxious if im cooped up not doing much and have always found that the best way to clear my head.

18  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 12:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:She also voiced my beloved Betty Boop. Looked a lot like Betty too.
Here are a few clips just for you,Boncey

A shame they missed her 'Clean Shavin Man' though.

19  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 12:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I always found sport/exercise helped get me through the bad times in my life, it kind of took my mind away from dwelling on the bad things, like nothing else for me. Talking about it to others is a good outlet too.

I'm not a drinker in doors, so I've sort have had a years detox from alcohol since the virus struck.

I'm also a happy little soul naturally but obviously seeing my family from time to time is something to look forward to and my eldest brother returning to his family from his stay in hospital recently has been a big thing for all of us.

I've quite enjoyed discovering nature again, as I've done considerably more walking in the last year than since being a child back in the days when you went out to meet up with your mates after having your breakfast and basically stopped out until it was bedtime and school tomorrow! Surprising what you see if you aren't rushing from one place to another in the car all the time.

Happiness comes from within I guess, I've never really understood why people seem to have (or claim to have) their mental health effected by this, that or the other? I'm not saying mental illness isn't a genuine issue for some/many but I also do think plenty people use the term too freely for themselves as a form of self pity rather than actual illness. A bit like some people 'play' the race card for their own benefit rather than being a genuine circumstance.

Saying that though I've gone through enough bad times myself and have been hurt and deeply upset but as much as I wish things were not as they were, you've just got to pick yourself up and get on with your life.

I'm also a big fan of the shows like Dad's Army, Bilko, Porridge, Fools and Horses, and some of the more recent stuff like Father Ted and the IT Crowd, etc.

I quite like having a laugh with (and at) one or two on Nuts too!

Very Happy

20  Things That Cheer You Up ? Empty Re: Things That Cheer You Up ? Mon Feb 01 2021, 12:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Here are a few clips just for you,Boncey

A shame they missed her 'Clean Shavin Man' though.
Talented lady. Always though Bluto would have had more luck wooing Betty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum