Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain fantastic - Injured Sarcevic books spot on bus to FGR

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Antoni Sarcevic will be rallying the troops aboard the Wanderers team bus as they travel for their biggest game of the season.

The club skipper may not play again this season after suffering a hamstring tear in the win at Port Vale earlier this month.

But he has insisted that he makes the trip to Forest Green on Saturday to keep spirits up within the squad as Ian Evatt’s side look for a win which could put them into the automatic promotion spots.

“It’s too early to tell whether Sarce will play against this season, being honest,” said the Bolton boss. “But it shows you what type of lad he is that he has asked to come to Forest Green to support the lads.

“He wants to be around the group to give them his full support and that is real credit to him. He will come away from his family for the trip and do what he can do to help the lads get a result in what he knows is such an important game. That attitude is fantastic.

“That is why he is captain of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.”

Evatt has repeatedly underlined the role his fringe players can play in the run-in and feels the spirit in his squad is stronger now than at any other stage in the season.

“The lads are so together – and I cannot explain the difference in them from the first few months of the season,” he said.

“As a group they are unified, they are demanding of each other, they really want to carry on winning.

“They want to finish this journey as a team because it is really special when you do. Those promotion memories last forever, nobody can ever take them away from you. That is what binds a club together forever.

“They are determined to do that but there is a long way to go.”

Evatt believes Saturday’s game will suit him more than the blood-and-guts affairs of the last few weeks.

“I prefer this kind of game than say Port Vale away on a cow patch,” he said. “The kind of game where you will have to kick, fight, grab and scrap. Those games are the challenging ones and probably everything we are not as a team.

“Forest Green will be a game between two football teams trying to play the game the right way, in my opinion. It is a good surface and I think it will be a great advert for League Two football.”

He also thinks his players will be more switched on than they were last weekend after a good week on the training ground.

“Last week we’d given them four days rest, which they needed, but they were lethargic and we needed that first half really to blow away the cobwebs. That sounds silly but it’s true because when you’re playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, just in rhythm, and when you break that cycle, sometimes it can take you a while to hit top gear.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum