Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Wanderers captain Antoni Sarcevic 'can't wait' to face former club

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Wanderers captain Antoni Sarcevic 'can't wait' to face former club 13204771

Ex-Wanderers captain Antoni Sarcevic says he “can’t wait” to come up against his former team-mates on Wednesday night.

Sarcevic could be involved when the Whites take on Stockport County at Edgeley Park in an FA Cup first round replay.

The midfielder left Bolton to join the Hatters last month but didn’t feature when the sides met at the UniBol just over a week ago.

Sarcevic is still in contact with several members of the Wanderers squad but insists he is just focusing on the job at hand.

"I stay in contact with a few of them who I'm close with,” he told the club’s YouTube channel. “I can't wait, as simple as that - I can't wait.

"Even when you look at (how many fans) we took to Bolton last week, I was watching with my mum and dad and I just said, ‘look at that’.

“That's what spurs the lads on now to make sure this season's a successful one."

Stockport sacked Simon Rusk – who was replaced by Dave Challinor - just days after Sarcevic’s arrival at Edgeley Park.

The midfielder described the past few weeks as a “whirlwind” but says he is just focusing on how he can affect results on the pitch.

He added: “It's the craziest two weeks I've had in football, but I just want to get my head down now and forget about everything and focus on Stockport County and helping this club get promoted this year.

"Stockport showed an interest before I signed for Bolton and honestly, it was interest that I was keen on and they've always been in the back of my mind.

"I know a few lads and when the opportunity came, it was an opportunity I didn't want to turn down and I'm made up to be a Stockport County player."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum